Straight guys, Do any of you not like...

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Mem, Jul 14, 2006.

1. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

Sports?

Because I know that some gay guys do like sports and some straight women do like sports, but I can not get into it. I find it boring and a waste of time to watch other people play a game. Baseball is too slow, Football with 3 minutes left (and me waiting to watch 60 minutes) takes 45 minutes.

So as to the post about straight guys and gay guys being friends the only discussion I don't participate is in sports. the only way I know of a sports story is if it is so big as to make it into the beginning of a newscast.

Sometimes I think Western culture dictates that straight men must be into sports. I spoke to a businessman a few months ago and he said he felt obligated to watch hours of football, and he wished he didn't have to.

I think being into sports is also for people with less than high IQ.

2. B_VoodooGuy

B_VoodooGuy New Member

Personally, I don't enjoy watching many sports. Sure, I'll watch a few minutes here and there, but, like you said, it can get boring and usually hard to really get into. I would, however, much rather actually play the game. 110% more exciting, I find.:biggrin1: ((Though, I must admit, seeing college football at the stadium can be pretty damn fun!!!))

3. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

This thread is trash.

4. Horsehungjock

Horsehungjock New Member

im addicted to ESPN, i dont think liking sports is anything to do with a low IQ its a matter of preferance.

to me Football is the greatest sport alive, i can watch it all day every day, in fact im geting a mini hard on because the season is about to start and i love it, although this will be the first year in 10 years im not playing footbal but man i love to watch it

i think its a matter of preferance, ive alwasy like the intricacies of baseball, its slwo if you dont understand it but it has its moments

baksetball is always cluthc to watch especially in the playoffs

olympics are great because they only come every 4 years

not really into hockey but people just tell me i need to watch the game live and its better

but yeah majority of the tiem my Tv is on ESPN i love sports, its not a matter or IQ its preforance, cause i took an IQ test and got a 140 which is border line genius i believe and i love sports, but i know plenty of smart people who liek sports and who dont and vice versa

you should love football being a gay man, all those well built men in tight pants grabbing al over each other...lol

i just love the physicality of footbal, you can paralyzed a guy and not go to jail

5. Swordman

Swordman New Member

Albums:
    Amen Lex !

Preach it Horsehung!

6. cincyboi

cincyboi New Member

Love my sports.

7. Mirai

Mirai New Member

More or less trashy than the self-pandering threads about who's biggest or how long they can go during intercourse? Maybe the threads about how big your load is or how many people you've slept with are more your style but at least he's aking a question instead of vaguely bragging about how cool he is because he has a huge cock.

8. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

I watch baseball and NASCAR while I embroider pillowcases.

9. rob_just_rob

Gold Member

Just so you know, I have a gratuitous insult readied for when you happen to mention a hobby or interest of yours.

10. b.c.

Gold Member

Albums:
    Interesting question because I once asked the missus whether or not her dad really liked baseball. I asked because he'd always turn a game on but most of my recollection is of him asleep in front of the t.v.

For me, baseball is like watching grass grow, even when as a kid my dad got me on a little league team. (Guess it didn't take him long to realize his boy wasn't going to be the next Jackie Robinson).

I'm not into watching much else either. I'll watch an occasional NASCAR race, the NFL playoffs or Superbowl, yes. I went to high school football games (though admittedly part of it was for the girls who attended - going to an all boys Catholic school will do that for you).

I went to college basketball games (they didn't have a football team). And I watch the city's NFL team, the hapless Saints, (just to see what new and innovative way they'd once again manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory). I guess the team has to mean something to me in order for me to watch it.

As far as being able to tell you who plays for what team or who threw the most touchdown passes in "whatever"...not a chance.

11. Love-it

Gold Member

My wife and I are watching the Tour de France now, and we watch some of the Olympics and that is it for sports.

12. B_NineInchCock_160IQ

I hate sports...

I play some, once in a while, for fun. But devoting all your free time to competing? No thanks. Watching other people play on TV? snore. Elevating athletes to the level of superhero role model? ugh..

I could go on about this for pages if I wanted to. But to answer your question, they don't interest me at all. and I empathize with your frustration (or was it merely an observation? since you don't identify yourself as straight...) at the expectation that as a straight man I'm supposed to love them.

13. Ummagumma

Ummagumma New Member

I think you missed what Lex was saying, as I totally agree with him on this...

I was gonna type more on why, but honestly, I'm just too amazed you missed his reasoning :tongue:

BTW, I'm straight and I never watch professional sports, not now, not ever. It's such a fucking joke, the salleries, the greedy owners, the constant barrage of advertisements, the lopsided teams and all the millions of fans that totally buy into it all, under misguided ideas that these teams actually give a damn about their hometowns and that it's what real red blooded americans should devote their (not exactly limitless in this life) time to... sorry, guess it's just my inner social outcast shining through...

I must add, I don't have anything against playing sports, or even cheering on family and friends at a little league or school game. Sure beats sitting in front of the tv all day. It's just the pro (and sometimes college) stuff that gets under my skin...

14. handcuffsfan4

handcuffsfan4 Active Member

Albums:
    i have always hated sports. the only sports team i was on was rock climbing. personaly i dont even like watching people climb. i think it was because i was raised by only my mother and sports just never came up. plus sports seem very gay to me. i realy dont want to see two sweaty guys wrestle or guys in tight pants slapping eachothers asses. its just not my thing. im more into art and fashion. thats one thing i dont get, why is it that fashion where girls are half dressed most of the time controled by gay society? i realy want to get into it so i can find some hott model. blah

15. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

Basketball USE to be OK until they changed their outfits to be knee-length or below and the players were not as tall as the net.
    Football is fun when they wear those tight-white pants - with or without jock straps.
    Hockey is exciting to watch once you know the rules. Being caught up with the crowd helps so I don't watch it on TV. Bathroom breaks can be cruisy.
    Volleyball is interesting and becoming popular. I love those sweaty, wet shorts on the guys.
    Swimming and diving is sexy if you can catch them coming out of the water.
    Baseball in person is OK if you don't have to pay more than your car payment for beer and hot dogs.
    Tennis turns me off and so does golf although I'd like to kiss some of the players balls.

Of course, these are just my own opinions. After all...I'm just an "athletic supporter!":redface:

16. Mem

Mem
    Gold Member

One man's trash is another man's gay studded harness.

17. dolf250

dolf250 New Member

I really don't care about any sports. I couldn't tell you what a full back or half back does and I can't even recall how many innings in a baseball game (I used to play but have forgotten.) I have been known to watch horse jumping, rodeo, curling or the Olympics if there is nothing else on and I am really bored. I also like participating in or at least trying most sports.

Having said that I can't imagine why you would equate the watching of sports with a low IQ. The smartest guy I know (a number of university degrees with straight A's) loves sports more than life itself. While I do not pretend to understand why people get so excited when their team wins that they drink and riot I do understand that everybody has their own passions. For me it is politics and crochet, for Pecker it is NASCAR and needlepoint.

18. college22punk9

Yes, could this thread be more idiotic? You just said yourself, women, gay guys, and straight, all like sports. But not every single one of them within that group do.

As for personally, i'm gay, and I like to watch sports (but only the ones that I actually play). It's more enjoyable for me, because I can compare game strategies and such with professionals, so it's very enjoyable for me to watch. On the other hand, if I had never played a sport (say football), it is really hard for me to watch it on tv, however it's a lot of fun to watch in person because of the atmosphere.

I"m sure everyone has their reasons for watching sports, but I doubt anyone feels compelled to watch a certain sport because its what "masculine guys" do. They watch ebcause they like it, if not they'd pick a different sport.

This thread is just dumb in general. Everyone likes to watch some sort of sport or another (for the great majority). I mean, can we say "olympics"?

19. playainda336

Gold Member

Albums:
    This thread screams STEREOTYPES all over it.

20. thk8plus4u

thk8plus4u Member

Horsehungjock: "but yeah majority of the tiem my Tv is on ESPN i love sports, its not a matter or IQ its preforance, cause i took an IQ test and got a 140 which is border line genius i believe..."

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-HA-HA-HA-HAAA!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted