'Straight' guys hugging

jockmaestro

Loved Member
Media
It's sad and hilarious at the same time to see straight guys hug and make sure their crotches don't come within four feet of each other because they're so afraid their dicks might touch ( through four layers of clothing. Straight guys are afraid a lot, tho' sometimes I'm surprised at how open some of them can be now that being gay isn't the crime some people used to think it was.

Countryguy63

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
For some maybe, but a lot of my straight friends hug. Most of them know nothing of my private life and assume that I am completely straight also, and they are the ones that intiate the hug when we are parting company.

Last edited:

alwaysguessing

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's the personal space issue. The handshake and pat on the back is sufficient.

Same for me. Although, I'd rather pound than shake hands or trade pats. In fact, I'd most rather just say "hi" and "bye", accompanied by a nod.

There are 3 people I hug regularly. My parents and my girlfriend. My parents I hug mostly out of obligation. My girlfriend I hug because I thoroughly enjoy physical contact with her.

Interestingly, I'm more comfortable hugging men than women. And that's because I ENJOY hugging women. If they are attractive, I don't want to risk longing for them by being cornered into smelling the sweetness of their perfume, feeling the softness of their skin and the warmth of their body... it's makes me feel all weak and tingly and then I forget how to talk and start falling all over myself like an idiot.

midlifebear

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I live in a major male hugging part of the world. Latinos can't help themselves. They PREFER hug and kiss (or brush their lips) against one another's cheeks than shake hands. I know I enjoy it.

As for myself, I've quit shaking hands. I'll do the knuckle bump, if I have too. A warm hug (or even an obligatory cold one) and touching of cheeks is more familiar to me after all of these years. However, I have friends from other European countries and former Soviet States that can't stand all the hugging and kissing that goes on among Latin men. It's just as well. I'm not interested in hugging or kissing them either.

matticus201

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've always been a hugger. I've never had anyone tell me it bothered them, nor have I ever sensed in the hug that it bothered the other party. And I have many straight male friends.

blah69420

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I am a hugger myself. Not with everyone i meet but my very close friends I always hug them they have never seemed to have an issue with it. I just dont see the big problem.

heist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Simple: culture.

It's all about what is and isn't made into an issue. If "straight guys" didn't feel the culture-defined need to defend their sexuality (which in our current culture also inexplicably implies a need to defend their masculinity/identity), then we wouldn't see the awkward hugging.

the_reverend

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
oh, i'm a BIG hugger! get right in there with both arms. if it feels like the other person has a problem, i'll back off a bit...but for me, i like the hugs. :)

teasedsilly

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Comfort with hugging doesn't necessarily have anything to do with sexuality. Personally I'm only comfortable hugging family and close friends. A hug is, compared to a handshake, a more intimate expression that I don't offer to casual acquaintances.

handcuffsfan4

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
i personaly would rather do a hand slide/fist pound with guys and a quick hug with girls. but there are those guys who are such good friends that i hug them too. its more about personal space than anything. guys seem to want to hug for alot longer than girls either because they think its funny/embarassing or cuse they just are more affectionate. plus you gotta do the fist pound with the homies or you arent seen as one of the homies.

big_tits4big_dicks

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm always afraid people don't want to hug me. Or, because so many men have turned me down, when I was not interested/ coming on to/ even really looking at them! Whats with that!? So I think if I hug them they will think I'm dying for their dick in my mouth, and they feel big because they get to act aloof. So I don't people that are not in my group. It looks rude sometimes I'm afraid, hugging some, not others. But people always, always, always! get the wrong idea of me. I rather be a cold bitch than someone they think they can be superior to.

wej20

Just Browsing
Media
I'm always afraid people don't want to hug me. Or, because so many men have turned me down, when I was not interested/ coming on to/ even really looking at them! Whats with that!? So I think if I hug them they will think I'm dying for their dick in my mouth, and they feel big because they get to act aloof. So I don't people that are not in my group. It looks rude sometimes I'm afraid, hugging some, not others. But people always, always, always! get the wrong idea of me. I rather be a cold bitch than someone they think they can be superior to.

Some guys just aren't big huggers or maybe they have a little crush on you so might be embarrassed hugging you? don't think it's much to worry about. I'm with you though I don't hug people until I know them better (or I've had too much to drink).

I usually only do hugging when I haven't seen someone for a long time or wont see them again for a long time. I have a few guy friends who aren't comfortable hugging so I usually just shake hands with them or slap them on the back type thing.

bigunzippedstudent9

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
it totally depends on who and when.

other than family (with whom I do a double check kiss, b/c we are euro background) i only hug close friends. like people i've been friends with since highschool or through college. the girls more often than the guys b/c girls are more huggy. and even with my 100% striaight close male friends, i've realized we only hug when saying goodbye after a big social event/trip/vacation (i.e. wedding, roadtrips, vacations etc.).

just what i've noticed

i would never hug casual acquiantances from work or old friends i haven't seen in ages.

story: i saw a girl from college (which i finished over 5 years ago) and we were never really close, and i randomly bumped into each other on the street (didn't even know we were in the same city now) and we hugged. and as soon as I leaned in for the hug i knew it was a mistake. i'm like: what the FUCK am i hugging this chick for, i barely know her. AWKWARD!

lopo2000

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Some guys are just not comfortable. I have met with a lot of these, although in my friend circles, 90% of my straight male friends like to hug!