Straight guys: When a gay guy flirts with you...

Straight guys: When a gay guy flirts with you, how do you react?

• I ignore him

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • I take it as a compliment

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I like to flirt back with him in a friendly way

Votes: 34 22.4%
  • It's funny/amusing

Votes: 11 7.2%
  • I like to pretend that I'm also gay, just to see what else he'll say to me

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • Makes me uncomfortable/nervous/anxious

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • I feel embarrassed or sorry for him

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I feel sick - like I'm going to puke

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • It makes me angry, but not violent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It makes me angry and I DO have violent thoughts

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I have no reaction; it means nothing

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • None of the above

Votes: 11 7.2%

• Total voters

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I voted none of the above because it depends on the way he is doing it.
If he is obnoxious about it, then I am annoyed.

If he is tip toeing around it, then make it clear I am straight by giving some "straight reference" like, "I was with this girl once..." In that case it is more of a compliment. Too bad it is not a hot chick doing the flirting.

But, the same strategy is used when a girl I am not interested in is flirting. I will say, "One time, my girlfriend and I..." (even if I dont have one.)

Jovial

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I chose "I like to flirt back with him in a friendly way." I am just a friendly guy. But I've never been in a situation where there was sexual flirting just the guy being extra friendly and a bit nervous around me.

I can remember two guys doing this. Both were working at stores. Once I was alone and once with my girlfriend. I just thought it was funny and took it as a compliment. I'm pretty good at playing the innocent, naive guy and just big friendly back.

Torque8

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Like Jovial, I chose "I like to flirt back with him in a friendly way." Guess that's cause I don't feel uncomfortable or threatened. Am rather secure and don't question my manhood.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I always assume that a friendly guy is just being...uh...friendly. That is, until some overtly sexual jesture is made or if the flirting is extremely obvious and clearly aimed at my direction. I then use humor to make my preferences clear. I have never felt threatened and there is never any need to be antagonistic or nervous.

TheWB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
happened once i just laughed and kept the convo moving onto the subject at hand not a big deal.

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I selected "none of the above" because there are at least four different answers that might characterize my response, depending on the guy, his specific behavior, and the situation.

Steve

Yeah, sorry, Steve. I intended to make it a multiple choice poll, but forgot to check that box before I posted it. I asked if it could be fixed, but got no response.

Just tell us about the different reactions you would have. I'm sure a lot of people would find it interesting. Thanks.

musclemonkey5

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Depends on the situation. There was this gay guy once who kept staring at my bulge (which I took as a compliment) and whenever I had to sit by him in class he was very nervous (which was really annoying/distracting). It became an uncomfortable situation, and I wished he would just get over it or go away.
If a normal gay guy starts desires me I am fine with it, and have no problem carrying a friendly conversation with him

MisterMark

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Depends on the situation. There was this gay guy once who kept staring at my bulge (which I took as a compliment) and whenever I had to sit by him in class he was very nervous

Aww... He had a little crush on you, didn't he. heh heh... :wink:

Here's what you guys need to do: When you see that a gay guy likes you, just be nice to him. (It sounds like most of you are doing that already.) Mention a girl in your life so that he knows that his fantasies will go nowhere with you, but if you ever need a favor from someone and he remains ga-ga over you, he'll probably be willing to help you out with whatever you need. You'll have him in the palm of your hand. (Well, not literally, of course...)

Years ago, I had an office supervisor (male) who did this with the gay guys in the office. We knew he was straight, but everybody loved him because he was so nice to us, and he didn't appear to have one anti-gay bone in his body. Whatever he wanted us to do, we did with a smile. :smile2: (Of course, it didn't hurt that he was good-looking.)