Straight guys with gay friends do you?

hungboy18

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
All my stright friends treat me the same as their stright friends with the exception of when we are all joking around where they put on the gay act and hit on one-another. With my group of friends... its quite hilarious to watch. One of them who I am the closest with will always ask me questions about being gay and what not. It can be quite comforting.

I think that's the best approach, to talk about it, if people talked about what being gay means and how that affects us, not in a bad way, just that it makes us slightly different, like my hair is dark brown, yours might be blonde, our lives are slightly different because of that. I like cock, someone else might like pussies, that's cool.

It strengths relationships, I'm in the closet, but I love to talk about gay people, just because I'm not out (I have my reasons) it doesn't mean I can't help spread the word, gay is good :tongue:

B_Castello

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I have a friend, and I told him that I like men also, he is 200% straight, cannot be more straight then him lol, but since that we came closer, by that I mean that I have open my hart to him and he is very cool and sensative. But I can see that he will hug me more then his other straight friend, and kiss me in the chick sometimes. And at two occasion he put his hand on my ass and crab it lol But that was nothing sexual, he is just cool with his sexuality and he is very confortable with the fact that I'm gay (or bi).

D_DGBRugdftr

Experimental Member
Media
I have a couple of gay friends and I don't think I treat them any differently than my straight friends. I do tend to stand up for them a little more though.

oralslut464

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I am bisexual and had a really good friend in college who was Gay. We hung out a lot - did everything together - movies, swimming, homework, etc, but we never had sex. We were Great friends but did not want to have sex with each other- we were just not attracted to each other that way. I am married with kids and he and I are still great friends. The kids and wife love him too and he is out. He and I discussed it once and decided that having sex might ruin our great friendship. I do remember getting this guy once and I took the back and he took the front and worked this guy over really good - but that was all we did. My friend said "boy you are agressive" and I said yep - and he just laughed. We would always look and guys and discuss how they looked and how they might be in bed but we never fooled around with each other.

montana101

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Among my straight male friends I have 3 really great guys. One,K, is very sweet and everyone loves him. He known that Im gay as long as we have known each other and we give full on hugs and tell each other that we love each other openly in public or at work. So people think he is gay but he really isnt. He has even seen me naked plenty of times and we are still really good friends. Another friend, R, is a real mans man. I was worried about coming out to him bc people said he was homophbic but that wasnt true. Hes cool, like the brother I never had. Also does nice things for me. I let him borrow my car once and he brought me food when he came back. Just a really nice thing. He picks me up and we punch each other a lot. Funny cause he is a muscle guy and im well, not haha.
Then the other is a co-worker that really take care of me and is just nice.

coachreffn

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
First, why does the guy have to treat all of his cousins alike? He might have a particularly close affection for some and not for others. Perhaps he has always been close to this cousin. His level of affection is not a constant. I don't treat anyone alike in my life. I have two kids...and I do treat them differently because they are different people. The treatment is perhaps subtle but it is different. They respond to different things, enjoy different things, laugh at different things. The idea of treating people 'the same' is foreign to me. As long as I treat others with respect, I can be dynamically different in my approach to them. Maybe this guy is the same.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I have a couple of gay friends, and I don't greet them any differently than my straight friends. You learn pretty early on in a friendship if they're the type who want a handshake, a high-five, or a hug when you say hello. Virtually all of my male friends -- gay or straight -- are huggers, so I greet them all that way.

I do notice that a couple of my friends don't hug so much as they come in and pat you hard on the shoulder a few times. The gay friend makes a joke about getting a chub when we hug, so I yell "A-frame!" A few give solid two-armed, full contact hugs; and one guy gives a close hug so I usually pick him up and spin him around.

jjsjr

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I know I get treated differently by straight friends... But I also treat straight friends differently than gay friends. I don't understand what more there really is to explain.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
If I felt any friend of mine treated me differently because I am Gay they wouldn't be a friend of mine any more.

I treat all of my friends as individuals, and they are my friends because I love and respect them as an individual and they love and respect me as an individual too.

With my acquaintances the situation is somewhat more fluid but I'm less concerned about the nuances of the interactions I have with them so I probably notice their behaviour less.

bwhip1011

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
Asexual
I've always loved the subtle differences in the way straight guy friends do that are never spoken of. It's just sort of felt within them, I guess (they’re my true friend so they feel protective of me), kind of a respect thing that they may feel for a woman such as opening a door for me. I realize that many gay men wouldn't care for that whatsoever, but I love it. For straight men that are comfortable with who I am and who they are it's really very nice after thinking back to boys in school who were taught by their own ignorant fathers and their father before them to think I'm sick and depraved. It's especially refreshing when these guys who are half my age. Love it! I just like knowing that friends are friends and sexual orientation can be a left where it belongs—in the bedroom. I still consider it a small part of the overall person. Who cares… :redface:

Lynx

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Interesting thread. I'd say turn the tables and ask if gay guys would act/treat their gay friends differently than their str8 ones. I'd say yes and it has nothing to do with steering the conversation to show tunes. Living in Europe, I have to say that I was quite shocked (initially) about all of the "air" kissing going on. I have also noticed that sometimes, and quite inexplicably, my straight friends will "air" kiss me upon meeting in a group but only give handshakes to the other str8 guys. It has gotten to the point that I will actually shoot my hand out to get a handshake before they get too close. Strange.

DiabloBoi

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i have a straight friend who gets jealous when other people acquire my attention etc
but i know he doesnt want to fuck me
that would me a cumbucketty assumption from the mind of a desperate gay or bisexual who WANTS to be wanted by a straighty
though im sure in some cases it could be true
in mine, no
he just feels open to me in different ways because im not an effeminate gay and it makes him wonder
he knows the option to engage in that way, to some degree, is there
but i love him and his girlfriend, and neither of us would pursue anything or allow it

sometimes it is moreso to do with trust and openness
if a straight guy can trust a gay or bi guy so much, knowing they like cock, then sometimes it opens new doors that do not necessarily lead to sex
for me and him it's more like a brotherly relationship, but one brother thinks the other is "cute" in a platonic but unethical(ish) way?

i couldn't be prouder of him, and would never want to change or fuck him
he's very protective (knowing i do not need it) of me but at times he does come off as a little possessive.
i know it comes from a good healthy place though.

every situation is different.

ryguy88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
In my experience, I have had dozens of str8 male friends who are intimate with me, in ways they aren't with our other str8 friends. Hugging, neck and back massages, sexual innuendos, playful dick grabs, making a farting noise while sticking their finger in my butt, etc.. In the end, I think it's just a different level of horseplay. Str8 guys talk with each other about women, and I think that the horseplay is their way of relating to their gay friends. Like letting me know that they like me, and they're comfortable with me and they don't care about my sexuality. I also find it cute when they are curious, and ask questions about what it's like being a gay man.

Infernal

Superior Member
Media
Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Most of my straight friends are more physical than my gay friends. Aside from a hug when I see them, I'm not very affectionate with my gay friends because they sexualize everything.

My straights friends don't feel that way, and they can be physically affectionate with me and not have it be sexual in nature. I know where things stand between us. I have dinner with one of my friends and his wife. When we meet, he gives me a big hug, lifts me off the ground and kisses me on the cheek. I also know he doesn't want to fuck me.