Straight man needs gay men's opinions...

Swole2112

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Which is sexier, bodybuilders or crossfit athletes? Obviously, I'm asking about men in both disciplines. I need to make a business decision and I'm wondering which between the two is more appealing to the gay demographic. Your help is appreciated.

twoton

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I’m not a gay man but I have what might be a useful comment to add.
CrossFit guys seem like regular guys who are really intense about fitness and life in general. You go hiking, camping, golfing, to political debates, to baseball games, museums, etc with Crossfitters.

Successful bodybuilders have to be so incredibly dedicated to it that they are solely focused on it and it alone. IMO.

Swole2112

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just to clarify, you were all referring to the group with the sexist bodies, right? Because, that's specifically what I'm asking. I guess I should've specified that from the beginning.

find83

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Crossfit would be more appealing to gay men because bodybuilding has a bit of a negative stigma ( narcissism,unhealthy sport, steroids use and as one said muscle marys)
cross fit athletes tend to deal with more full body strength and they take a lot of their routines from powerlifting and weight lifting. And like what others have said they have a more "natural" looking body( but this is a deception because both use steroids)

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Could you explain why, please?

Both groups represent men who take pride in their bodies, being fit, being strong - all sexy qualities. For me CrossFit is far sexier however, because they also look approachable. Bodybuilders have an otherworldly quality - which to me isn't necessarily a good thing IRL. The focus and dedication it takes to become that big is commendable obviously, but the psychological and personality traits (i.e. narcissism) that drive that dedication are, in my experience, not attractive and certainly not sexy. CrossFit men, on the other hand, deliver the kind of incredibly masculine, muscular shape that is an ideal, but in a more approachable, relatable kind of way. They by and large start out as ordinary men who decided to get into great shape and maintain it, but for health reasons and because they enjoy the challenge of it, of pushing their bodies further.

It's that relatability that makes them far sexier to my eyes. They look like men I want to have sex with... and actually could (and have). They look like normal, ordinary men who've pushed themselves at the gym to become the best version of themselves physically. I also know that I too could look like them if I put in the effort. Those are all hugely sexy qualities

Bodybuilders are not nearly as approachable and, frankly, look strange to me the longer I look at them. And while I suppose in theory I could, like CrossFit, look like them too... albeit with a lot more time and dedication and sacrifice... I wouldn't want to.

D

deleted1074483

Which is sexier, bodybuilders or crossfit athletes? Obviously, I'm asking about men in both disciplines. I need to make a business decision and I'm wondering which between the two is more appealing to the gay demographic. Your help is appreciated.

well both can be sexy - although bodybuilding taken to extremes personally I don't find sexy at all. If you're talking about sexy fit guys, I'd rather go with a cross fit guy - good overall fitness and great for stamina, and we all know stamina is a good thing;-)

in the end it depends on why you're asking? there is money in both markets?

Hockeytiger

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
To narrowly answer your question (and for full disclosure, I'm bi, not gay, if that makes a difference), those with CrossFit looks are more attractive, in general. From a pure looks perspective, Bodybuilding loses as it can look too alien. Superficially and from a stereotypical personality standpoint, bodybuilding gives off a stronger narcissistic vibe, though CrossFit can be guilty there too, but, INO, not as much, but that can be because I can relate to CrossFit more (which may be the most common sentiment I've seen in the comments, thus far, and thus, is probably something very important). However, I should say that even though I strongly believe in fitness, I, personally, have yet to "buy in" to CrossFit.