Straight Men and Handome Men

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
It's not about who one would want to fuck. It's about societal brainwash that seems to render most straight men incapable of expressing admiration for the good looks of another man.
I can easily look at men I have no particular sexual attraction to, yet may still be attractive...and I'll say it. The old "I may be gay, but I'm not blind" rule applies when I see an attractive woman as well. I don't want a piece of the cooze, but I can admit that pretty is pretty when I see it.
An alternate example - I was with a woman this afternoon while Oprah's show came on the TV. She took one look at Oprah's guest Barbra Streisand, and said "she looks really nice for a woman in her 60's". Most straight men I know just seem incapable of saying similar things about other men. One ponders why?...

Yes, I agree of course, it's not about fucking.

Maybe it's as simple as we're brought up not to. Though personally I find the celeb thing ridiculous, but it's harmless if irrelevant. Really, you can give the answer, who gives a , because sometimes that is the honest answer. Dai Evans is a good looking guy, but you don't know him to the best of my knowledge. They use great looking young guys in advertising, but I couldn't name one.

Maybe I am a bit of a hickboy, because the world of "the beautiful people" just goes over my head. If I am with male friends we are more likely to be discussing whether xyz is good at what he does rather than if he is goodlooking. His looks don't really affect his ability to play football or whatever.

So, there is some sex in it. I would watch Catherine Zeta Jones painting a wall, but I wouldn't go to an Orlando Bloom movie unless it was a good movie.

BobLeeSwagger

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It might sound like a cop-out, but I draw a distinction between considering a guy "good-looking" and finding him "attractive". I've seen plenty of guys that I thought were good-looking in the sense that I can see why women like him, wonder if I'd be better looking if I had some features more like his, that kind of thing.

But I can't remember if I've ever thought a man was attractive in a "I wonder if he's good in bed" kind of way. Or wanted to know what he looked like naked. That's what "attractive" means to me. I've never looked at a handsome man and wanted to meet him or get to know him because his looks. For me, that isn't the same as admitting that a guy is good-looking.