Straight men are beautiful

B_Guy Love

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Yes, actually, "adoration" is the perfect term for what I'm feeling. I'm fascinated with the complete spectrum of the male gender, all the way from drag queens to completely butch male rednecks from Arizona. The male gender itself inspires a sense of "adoration" in me.

That said, this thread is about my adoration of straight men. Again, this is complicated by the fact that I myself am straight. Well, no, not complicated for me to experience. The only thing that is complicated about it is explaining it to others. It seems so counter intuitive for a straight man to say he thinks straight men are beautiful. Actually, the most beautiful things on earth.

I suppose the thing to take into account is that "beauty" has many different facets. In this case, I am referring to the state of being a straight male. What I'm saying is that being a straight male is beautiful.

This thought would never occur to most straight men because they do indeed take their superior social status for granted. I mean, most would agree that straight men are the most privileged members of society. So, wouldn't it go without saying that being a straight man is "cool"?

Actually, if I were to use "straight male terminology" I would say something like, "Being a straight guy is cool," or, "Being a straight guy rocks." Or, actually, for most straight men the thought itself wouldn't even occur to them.

I don't know what I'm trying to say, sorry.... :rolleyes:

I have to politely disagree with you here. I think the beauty and appreciation is really driven by your feelings and adoration for your brethren.

B_Guy Love

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks for the response.

If I were to choose a particular man as an example of what I mean by straight male beauty, it would be Mike Rowe. Mike Rowe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I wish I could put my finger on what "it" is that straight men have. I am not in any way referring to metrosexual men. Not at all. I am talking about rough straight men, or even the men in suits, the business men. The very concept of being a straight man is so damned beautiful!

I kind of get you here, sometimes I see a man roughed up and maybe looking after his girlfriend and I find that really attractive but there's nothing sexual there that I'm aware of. Like wearing work clothes covered in paint, short cropped hair but then theres another student at college that is really metro, a big crystal earing, all his clothes ironed, he even looked like he had makeup on, if his skin was naturally like that then I hate him but yeah they seem to work independant of general social pressures and just look comfortable. It would be awesome to see these guys getting it on with there girls.

I don't find the typical buff physique attractive and I've never found an obviously gay man attractive either, it's really strange. Most the time I find people in general grim to look at but when I want to stare at someone I never let myself.

B_Guy Love

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh, something just occurred to me....

This is going to sound very odd, but what I find beautiful in straight men is the "battle" in straight men. I think straight men are in a constant battle against their own feminine side and their own sensitivities. You know, it's difficult for straight men to admit to weakness and to cry, etc. I used to think that this was indication of insanity in straight men. Now, I think this battle is so beautiful.

If I haven't lost everyone yet ... the reason I think it's beautiful is because it shows that straight men are willing to enter into a very difficult battle within themselves all in an attempt to attain that mythic "straight man" status. In other words, straight men are the most privileged men in society, but I think they pay the price of having to do battle with their sensitivities. I mean, this forum is an example. It's full of many straight men (such as myself) in constant battle with their own discomfort with their own admiration of their own gender. I myself deal with this. I mean, what kind of fag am I to admit that I think other straight men are beautiful and to even have a username like "Guy Love"?

Women may not be as privileged in society as straight men, but then women don't have to deal with these issues either. A woman can express admiration for another woman without fear of losing all her societal status, without having a near nervous breakdown.

No_Strings

Expert Member
Media
Oh, something just occurred to me....

This is going to sound very odd, but what I find beautiful in straight men is the "battle" in straight men. I think straight men are in a constant battle against their own feminine side and their own sensitivities. You know, it's difficult for straight men to admit to weakness and to cry, etc. I used to think that this was indication of insanity in straight men. Now, I think this battle is so beautiful.

That 'battle' is to do with maturity, not sexuality

B_Guy Love

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't agree.

At any rate, thanks for sharing your "straight male beauty" with us. (I suppose 90% straight qualifies as "straight.")

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
The first thing I thought of when I read the title of this thread was vanity... not sure why.. I'll leave it at that....
That 'battle' is to do with maturity, not sexuality
Well put.
Darling--

Gay men are just as beautiful. We just got bad press that's all. :smile:
Just as... or more beautiful... I can't decide.

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Lately, I'm noticing how beautiful straight men are. The ruggedness to them, the roughness, the desire to be tough, the attraction to a bit of danger and risk.
Well it sounds to me as though you are in some kind of fantasy land, given that you can't seem to refer to a single real straight man in your life, merely the manufactured image. Manufactured by gays, to a greater or lesser degree it has to be said.

Actually your sense of self-awareness seems quite limited. I'd get help if I were you. And if you don't think you need it perhaps you could try confessing your infatuation with some "real" straight men, and try to convince them of how straight you are and then report back to us on the outcome. Be sure to tell them how beautiful they are, and how you love to stare at straight men, entranced by their beauty. Did you say "danger and risk"?

I don't disagree that men are beautiful, but really you actually sound creepy to me. Have you ever tried to become a convergent member of society, you know, in real life? And then there is the question of your own personal happiness which may be due for some consideration, as I imagine any "straight" men would find relating to your fantasy pretty unfulfilling, to say the least.

In case it needs to be stated: there is nothing ugly or unattractive about gay men except the lack of caring and appreciation of all that they contribute to society. To me your post smells of internalised self loathing and hatred of gay feelings that you have, and which you project on to gay men.

Perhaps you have heard the Spearhead song:
All the freaky people make the beauty of the world?

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I think there's a difference. Maculine gay men are different from masculine straight men. I know there are exceptions, but most of the masculine gay men that I've known are all too aware that they're "masculine." I sometimes get the feeling that they are performing the opposite of "drag." They are performing "masculine drag." Rather than dressing up as a woman, they dress up as men. It's a character they're aware of.
The masculine gay men you have known were perhaps not the best examples. They may have been doing "masculine drag," but consider this: perhaps you've met a lot more masculine gay men, but you didn't know it, because you didn't notice it. I'm probably one of those; if we met in a social situation, and we talked for 15 or 20 minutes, you likely would have no clue that I'm gay, unless I told you.
What I'm talking about here is straight guys who have no conscious recognition of the fact that they are masculine. I'm exposed to many such men every day lately. They are not masculine for effect at all. They just ARE.
I am not masculine for effect. I just am who I am.
<...>
Lastly, when I said straight men are "beautiful," I didn't even mean it aesthetically. I meant just the way they are. There is some rugged quality about them that women do not have, gay men do not have, masculine gay men do not have, etc.[/quote]I know what you are trying to say, but it is just simply inaccurate. Given a choice, I would prefer being out on the farm stringing barbed wire fences, or survival camping in the wilderness, or going bowling, rather than shopping or going out to bars or dancing or whatever else you probably think of as "typically gay." Really, about the only thing "gay" about me is that I'm in love with a man.
If I were to choose a particular man as an example of what I mean by straight male beauty, it would be Mike Rowe.
Funny that he would be your example. I'm not absolutely certain, but I'm fairly certain that Mike Rowe is gay.[/quote]
I wish I could put my finger on what "it" is that straight men have. I am not in any way referring to metrosexual men. Not at all. I am talking about rough straight men, or even the men in suits, the business men. The very concept of being a straight man is so damned beautiful![/quote]Well, that DOES sum it up pretty well - what you are trying to say is that you enjoy being able to admire a man without it threatening your own sexuality, and without fearing it may entice him to think you are gay. You are entitled to feel that way, but I would encourage you to re-think some of it, examine your own thoughts and feelings in more detail.

B_ScaredLittleBoy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think maybe the OP got his percentages mixed up.

And I shall just add, I thought it was the other way around. Gay men generally take more care of themselves, preening and shaving and whatnot. A lot of straight guys look rough and unkempt? I know I do, most days :biggrin1:

But I suppose different people will find different things beautiful. I really don't like Paris Hilton. She's got a weird face and a flat chest.

D_Garmanswait Glassnads

Experimental Member
Media
I think the rich are more priveledged then straight men. I don't have a battle going on inside me, I see many other guys do and I find it annoying, I'm often unkept but this just makes me look messy, some people find it attractive but it dosn't have anything to do with being straight. The attraction your feeling is mostly fantasy as far as I know.

B_Guy Love

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, you're way off. Sorry.

Everyone at some level is "manufactured." Didn't your parents teach you how to speak and how to wipe your ass? That, in some ways, is "manufactured."

For the last time, the beauty I speak of seeing in straight men is more than just aesthetic.

Lately, I'm noticing how beautiful straight men are. The ruggedness to them, the roughness, the desire to be tough, the attraction to a bit of danger and risk.
Well it sounds to me as though you are in some kind of fantasy land, given that you can't seem to refer to a single real straight man in your life, merely the manufactured image. Manufactured by gays, to a greater or lesser degree it has to be said.

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Everyone at some level is "manufactured." Didn't your parents teach you how to speak and how to wipe your ass? That, in some ways, is "manufactured."

Yes my bisexual father, and lesbian mother taught me a lot. Well not that much really (I do like to teach myself things), but enough. In fact they taught me about appreciating real people, and deconstructing conventional, and commercial stereotypes, as a way to achieving a fulfilled and enriching life.

What is more, my father was stereotypically very attractive. And attractive to men and to women.

For the last time, the beauty I speak of seeing in straight men is more than just aesthetic.

Yes exactly, I'd just recommend getting to know some real guys over time, and being open to life rather than focussing too much on ideals. Real life is much more fun, interesting, and beautiful.

hypolimnas

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Wanna arm wrestle me for him?

Would he like a couple of handsome hung guys fighting over him?

You've really got this admirable desire to fulfill the dude's fantasies huh?

Don't forget he has been traumatised by a picture of a man (Gunner) with a large penis though, but I have posted about that elsewhere.

Now, are there any other fantasies that you would like to fulfill for the rest of the (possibly more appreciative) members?