Straight men doing gay things

MovingForward

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Has anyone had a straight friend that makes them uncomfortable. Like when I play basketball, i feel weird when people pat me on my butt.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I think str8 guys CAN slap each other on the ass BECAUSE they're str8. That is, in very broad and over-simplified terms, they aren't attracted to the other guy's ass, or attach anything sexual to it, so it's just a non-issue. "Yeah, I smacked ya. So? Why ya freakin' about it, YOU gay?"

qoobulge

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I am straight. But I did gay things sometimes.

Usually, people mistook me as a gay! Sickening... I can accept gay but that doesn't mean that I am a gay!!! Some gays can't get this intot their mind.

I think most of us are conditioned on minimal male contact. Some have complained that they get queasy just doing hand shakes. I think that's a bit too overly condition. Women don't seem to have this problem.

I think that if you know the guy well (that he's not gay) and I admit the ass might be on the outer fringes of male contact, I wouldn't take it as gay. Just a very mature and sexually secure guy.

D_Aston Asstonne

Account Disabled
Media
i for one think there is way too much gay paranoia in todays youth.the majority of the time,its impossible to separate the straight guys from the gay guys.besides,i have MANY gay friends,its no biggie.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Oh, c'mon. Gay things? "Doing Gay things" is having man-on-man sex. Everything else is just a bunch of stereotypical BS.

For the ten billionth time, it doesn't make you gay to slap someone's ass, decorate his home, envy his pecs, throw like a girl, bake a cake, or cry at a movie.

If it makes you uncomfortable, I'm afraid it tells us nothing about him but so very much about you...

donkeydongle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Well said Fortiesfun. I agree. If it makes you uncomfortable to have your ass touched in sports that shows some kind of insecurity. I wrestled in school and you where constantly in stange postions with other men. It certainly was not romantic for me. There is a difference between slap ass and making out..

bboy24

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Exactly. I don't think slappin' a guy on the ass or admirin' a guy's pecs or any of the stuff Fortiesfun said constitutes doin' "gay things." One of my hip hop teachers hugs and kisses people he first meets-both men and women-because he is from Haiti and that is their culture. He always hugs me and sometimes me and him kiss on the cheek. I don't think this is a "gay thing" it is part of his culture and that's fine.
Alot of times in class when we are working on handplants or handstands, we constantly hold each other's hands or grab onto each other's hips to keep balance. We slap each other on the back, hug each other. But we are secure enough in our sexuality and secure enough in our friendship to know that there is nothing gay about this.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
gay to slap someone's ass, decorate his home, envy his pecs, throw like a girl, bake a cake, or cry at a movie.

OMFG!! I'M A GAY MAN!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

I am straight. But I did gay things sometimes.

Usually, people mistook me as a gay! Sickening... I can accept gay but that doesn't mean that I am a gay!!! Some gays can't get this intot their mind.

Um, you might wanna rephrase that? I hope you wanna rephrase that... Why is it 'sickening' that someone might mistake you for gay? Is it 'sickening' if a gay guy is mistaken for str8 - because that happens all the time and I don't hear them complaining.

"Some gays can't get this into their mind" *ponders* you wouldn't happen to be one of these paranoid str8 types who thinks every gay guy fancies you just cos you have a cock and asshole, would you? I mean, you do know what that strongly suggests to everyone, don't you?
(closet door, ajar? closed?, still hiding in the back? no? maybe?...)

donkeydongle

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
[I am straight. But I did gay things sometimes.
(Like what?)

Usually, people mistook me as a gay! Sickening... (How about open your mind a bit?)I can accept gay but that doesn't mean that I am a gay!!! Some gays can't get this intot their mind.[/quote]
What's is this guy trying to say? It is tough growing up in Malaysia where you will be caned for being open? No need to spit bile though....

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
OMFG!! I'M A GAY MAN!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Um, you might wanna rephrase that? I hope you wanna rephrase that... Why is it 'sickening' that someone might mistake you for gay? Is it 'sickening' if a gay guy is mistaken for str8 - because that happens all the time and I don't hear them complaining.

"Some gays can't get this into their mind" *ponders* you wouldn't happen to be one of these paranoid str8 types who thinks every gay guy fancies you just cos you have a cock and asshole, would you? I mean, you do know what that strongly suggests to everyone, don't you?
(closet door, ajar? closed?, still hiding in the back? no? maybe?...)

He most likely thinks that the 'gay mind' is too preoccupied with important issues like floral arranging and proper throw-pillow placement to give serious thought to HIS feelings. If this is how he presents himself in the gay community, I can see why they don't give a rats ass.

Also, that avatar cries out repressed feelings/longings of some sort. :biggrin1:

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Oh, c'mon. Gay things? "Doing Gay things" is having man-on-man sex. Everything else is just a bunch of stereotypical BS.

For the ten billionth time, it doesn't make you gay to slap someone's ass, decorate his home, envy his pecs, throw like a girl, bake a cake, or cry at a movie.

If it makes you uncomfortable, I'm afraid it tells us nothing about him but so very much about you...

Mmmmhmmm exactly,

You tell em sister! :biggrin1:

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Mmmmhmmm exactly,

You tell em sister! :biggrin1:
Thanks, sweetcheeks.

By the way, I saw this book (Androphilia) in a Barnes and Noble a couple of days ago, and thought of your "Gay Men who reject Gay culture" thread. Do you know it? It seems to make the argument that you were voicing in an impassioned but intriguing manner.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Thanks, sweetcheeks.

By the way, I saw this book (Androphilia) in a Barnes and Noble a couple of days ago, and thought of your "Gay Men who reject Gay culture" thread. Do you know it? It seems to make the argument that you were voicing in an impassioned but intriguing manner.

Yes, it is on the bestseller list here. Suprise! I read the review on Amazon. Sounds like an angry book that I will get as a birthday present. :smile:

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Yes, it is on the bestseller list here. Suprise! I read the review on Amazon. Sounds like an angry book that I will get as a birthday present. :smile:
I confess to only skimming it, but it did not seem angry. It seemed very concerned with separating homosexuality from its associations with feminized behavior, and with elevating the cult of masculinity, but not particularly with punishing or rejecting those who walk a different path. The gist of the argument is that "gay" is a specific subset of "homosexual" culture. There are other subsets with which he wishes to be associated. The rest of us can associate as we like...

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'd like a few more ass slaps while playing basketball. Or just watching it.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I confess to only skimming it, but it did not seem angry. It seemed very concerned with separating homosexuality from its associations with feminized behavior, and with elevating the cult of masculinity, but not particularly with punishing or rejecting those who walk a different path. The gist of the argument is that "gay" is a specific subset of "homosexual" culture. There are other subsets with which he wishes to be associated. The rest of us can associate as we like...

Hmmmmmmm. My curiosity is getting the better of me. I'll probably end up reading now or at least skimming it at the store. Thanks FF.