Straight men, gay internet fantasies?

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
alex8 said:
So really I'm looking for others to maybe give examples of experiences they've had in the virtual arena that might relate to the question: why do straight guys hit on gay guys online so much? "Why do gays guys hit on straight guys online so much?"

Maybe, it is good old fashioned "wishful thinking" fantasy. Nothing wrong with that.

Internet kinda gives you a safe haven for that type of "cybersex" play. Personally, in real life, I don't really go for the straight guys. I respect the guys wants and wishes. Even the really hot good looking ones. (Yeah, many excuses for cold showers...hehehe.) In my imaginative fantasy life, SOME not all straight guys are going to go through the sexual ringer and the sexual offense and defensive play book in my mind. Oh man, did I just SAY that? I am writing that down in my journal...(goes off to write that down.) Hehehe.

agentblueuk

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I have found quite a few "Heteroflexible" guys online and have then meet up and had some fun with them. The interesting this is how aware they are of their interest.
The website I use has an interesting feature in that you can select what you advertise on your profile as to what you are looking for yet select different selection criteria for their actual searches of profiles they see when they choose to see who is online. What makes it even more interesting though is that if your details match what they are actually looking for you see a little green tick (called a mutual match).

The common patterns you see are:

looking for: single women, couples (male female) & groups
sexuality: rather not say
mutual match for my gender: no
looking for: single women, couples (male female) & groups
sexuality: straight
mutual match for my gender: yes

Both are are in fact worth sending a message to as a single man, the only ones that are worth messaging are the ones that are

looking for: single women
sexuality: straight (or rather not say)
mutual match for my gender: no

I have seen some though that have this pattern, which i find totally bizzare

looking for: single women
sexuality: straight (or rather not say)
mutual match for my gender: yes

dudepiston

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
All post-tearing-apart aside, this may be one of the more INTERESTING threads I've read here. I've read some more erotic ones, but interesting, true-to-life? I think it's fascinating. I'm one of those typical 'closet cases' and I hate that, but that's life. I made choices and I'll live with them. But it gives me no small sense of hope, of understanding, that others might feel very similiar to me. That there perhaps is no definitive sexuality - there is only sexuality. This has been my belief and basis for quite some time, and as I mention it to friends in cyber-land many, gay and straight, seem to agree. We're all different, and we should learn to celebrate these differences. I've met many MANY men online and been able to delve into the wonder of finding another soul like mine. I've also met the opposite - straight guys who give up on our friendship (which had nothing to do with sex) once I tell them oh yeah, I'm bisexual. I've chalked it up to experience. I've had many many MORE people be perfectly "ok" with it, however. I can't honestly say I'm bisexual, but I know I'm not straight, at least not 100%. I use the term bisexual because it's easier than explaining how fluid & transitory my sexuality can be - and it allows me to put a complex subject into a few words for my sometimes non-English speaking net pals. But truth be told? We need some more terms. Or we need to ditch the terminology entirely.....not sure which.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Really interesting post Dudepiston. Bisexual seems a strange term when you mean real world str8/cyber gay, but it may actually be as accurate as anything out there. Wonder if there should be a term for this phenomenon, however.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
fortiesfun said:
Really interesting post Dudepiston. Bisexual seems a strange term when you mean real world str8/cyber gay, but it may actually be as accurate as anything out there. Wonder if there should be a term for this phenomenon, however.

Cyberflexible :rolleyes: