Straight men=respect; gay men=attraction

G

Ganymede

Okay, I'm generalizing a bit, and I hesitate to even start this thread for fear I may incite some angry debate. But here goes....

Lately, I'm think that while both straigth men and gay men like the penis, they have a different perspective. I think that it could be said that straight men "respect" the penis of another man, while gay men are "attracted to" the penis of another man. Of course, like the yin and yang symbol, there is a little of both in the other. Straight men are, of course, a little attracted to the penis. And gay men are, of course, also respectful of the penis. But I think that overall one reaction overrides the other.

vinny_spiruccino

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I don't really care much if they respect it or are attracted to it. Just suck it.

But this is a serious subject. I get what you're saying Gany - the straight guys might admire the penii of others, but just don't necessarily want to do anything with them - looking with admiration and touching are two different things. On the flip side, they might also go to the extent of showing theirs and enjoy the feedback they get, but the gay guys WOULD touch if given the opportunity. That's a pretty high level over simplified generalization of course, but I get what you mean nonetheless.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't find them gross. Some can be downright wierd looking.

Sure you haven't got a bit of denial going on Nic? :smile:

Vinny - you are the whore of all whores.

love2showoff

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Be interesting to see where this goes...Ganymede you are always trying to incite a verbal riot. Love that shit keep up the thought provoking shit

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Gany, you are probably stereotyping moreso than generalizing.

Some penises are certainly more aesthetically interesting or pleasing than others; but for me to be "attracted" to a penis, I also have to be attracted to the person to whom it is attached.

If I find a man unattractive for any reason (whether physique, personality, hygiene, or other) I have no desire whatsoever to see or touch his penis.

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think it would go over very well if I walked up to one of my co-workers and said "I respect your penis".

thebiggulp

Loved Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I tend to agree with DC DEEP to some extent. If I'm not actually attracted to the guy, then I don't want to see his cock. However, if you presented the same cock to me in a photo, then I may have a totally different reaction.

I think there is a unilateral fascination with cocks on both sides of the sexuality fence, but men (and now I'm generalising) aren't supposed to admit to this or pursue knowledge of other men's cocks, and how they operate.

Honestly, I wish that every man could freely look, touch, feel and taste whomever they wanted to in their quest for their sexual identity. If there wasn't so much stigma about sexuality, I reckon there would be a whole lot more happy people around.

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ganymede, I think like all of us, you tend to universalize your own experience. This thread, along with some others of yours, would make more sense to me if it were about you rather than about all guys.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
If I find a man unattractive for any reason (whether physique, personality, hygiene, or other) I have no desire whatsoever to see or touch his penis.

Unattractive men sometimes have really interesting penises though. I have encountered a few not so attractive guys with really nice looking penises. If hadn't gotten to know them better, I never would've known that their cocks were really interesting. (God sometimes plays tricks on people.)

I have also fallen for very attractive guys and they proved to be sexually disappointing to me (not because of cock size--I don't care much about that.) they weren't really about me--it was all about them. Sometimes the very good looking think they are the center of the universe but they are just one of many stars in the universe.

WessexEN

Experimental Member
Media
If you look out of the window of a passing train,
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay, I'm generalizing a bit, and I hesitate to even start this thread for fear I may incite some angry debate. But here goes....

Lately, I'm think that while both straigth men and gay men like the penis, they have a different perspective.

Respect? You must be joking, some members of the opposite sex have anything but respect from my experience, causing anxeity in my life. :rolleyes:

(Please note that I am not referring to anyone here, I am referring to the female population off this board, the ones I tend to talk to in day to day life, like... my sister.)