Straight Men That Wish They Were Gay Men

I can't say I have wished I was gay because I have known gay guys who have gone through and lost a lot because they came out of the closet. As another poster mentioned, gays are still a largely hated minority group and encounter hostility in other countries as well as their own. I was just down in the Caribbean a couple of weeks ago. Two women that I was chatting to told me that they have gay friends who have to be very cautious which country they visit down there. Jamaica is one of the worst offenders for gay hate crimes. Being openly gay in Jamaica is to take your life in your own hands. The police don't care and the justice system won't prosecute those who commit hate crimes against gays. Canada legalized gay marriage ages ago, yet gay bashing still takes place, and there is still a lot of homophobia towards gays -especially outside of the big cities like Toronto and Vancouver. This is why you see large gay communities in those cities, while outside of the big cities you never do. I guess there is a sense of security and acceptance in the big city unlike the suburbs or small towns. I live in a small conservative town only about a couple of hours from a big city and you NEVER see gay couples where I live. I do not like city living, so I would hate to be confined to living in a big city simply because of my sexual orientation.

When I was going through the stage of questioning my orientation many many years ago, I realized that I could never be attracted to men emotionally. I was in a fraternity in university, and a lot of the guys in my chapter were complete and utter assholes - especially to the women they were with. It's true that there are head games with women, but I don't think it's much different with guys. Guys can be far more cruel than women can be in my experience. As a poster mentioned before, instead of taking shit from a woman, you're taking it from a guy. I know of one guy who was being beaten by his boyfriend regulalry. The police didn't take it as seriously as they would have had it been a straight couple where domestic violence was involved. From what I have been told, there are some gay guys who hate that they are gay, and vent their anger and frustration on their partner, yet their partner can't turn to the police for help as they know the police don't really care.

I always shake my head when I hear people say that being gay is a choice. Why would anyone choose to adopt a lifestyle where they face hate, hostility and danger every day of their life? Why would anyone make a "choice" to have a more difficult life? It's the reality of the world that we live in that homosexuality will never become completely accepted around the world. Some of my gay friends have told me that their life would be so much easier if they weren't gay. However, you can't help who you are, and you have to be true to yourself. I feel for them because they face problems that I as a straight man will never have to worry about.

Himura

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm sure there are a lot of closeted gay men that wish they were straight.... I've never heard of straight guys wanting to be gay lol...

I used to wish I was straight... But i realized that god made me the way I am and he loves me...

arthur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mate, it isn't all 'drinks with the boys', blow jobs, and great skin products...

Think most of the gay men 'of an age' could sit ya down and tell ya the truth!!!!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Am I the only one who thinks it is stupid with the whole avoid women problem junk? Because gay men don't have problems? Yeah right.
Not all women are batshitcrazy. Some men just attract the fruit loops. :tongue:

How about "straight" girls who want to be gay guys. That's me in case people didn't know already. :p
Yeah, but I've read your blogs. Your life is just one joyous party after the other. :cool:
I'm sure there are a lot of closeted gay men that wish they were straight.... I've never heard of straight guys wanting to be gay lol...
I used to wish I was straight... But i realized that God made me the way I am and he loves me...
:heart: God loves you as you are and so do we! :smile: Everybody say AMEN! :hug:

Beachboy19

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I can't say I have wished I was gay because I have known gay guys who have gone through and lost a lot because they came out of the closet. As another poster mentioned, gays are still a largely hated minority group and encounter hostility in other countries as well as their own. I was just down in the Caribbean a couple of weeks ago. Two women that I was chatting to told me that they have gay friends who have to be very cautious which country they visit down there. Jamaica is one of the worst offenders for gay hate crimes. Being openly gay in Jamaica is to take your life in your own hands. The police don't care and the justice system won't prosecute those who commit hate crimes against gays. Canada legalized gay marriage ages ago, yet gay bashing still takes place, and there is still a lot of homophobia towards gays -especially outside of the big cities like Toronto and Vancouver. This is why you see large gay communities in those cities, while outside of the big cities you never do. I guess there is a sense of security and acceptance in the big city unlike the suburbs or small towns. I live in a small conservative town only about a couple of hours from a big city and you NEVER see gay couples where I live. I do not like city living, so I would hate to be confined to living in a big city simply because of my sexual orientation.

When I was going through the stage of questioning my orientation many many years ago, I realized that I could never be attracted to men emotionally. I was in a fraternity in university, and a lot of the guys in my chapter were complete and utter assholes - especially to the women they were with. It's true that there are head games with women, but I don't think it's much different with guys. Guys can be far more cruel than women can be in my experience. As a poster mentioned before, instead of taking shit from a woman, you're taking it from a guy. I know of one guy who was being beaten by his boyfriend regulalry. The police didn't take it as seriously as they would have had it been a straight couple where domestic violence was involved. From what I have been told, there are some gay guys who hate that they are gay, and vent their anger and frustration on their partner, yet their partner can't turn to the police for help as they know the police don't really care.

I always shake my head when I hear people say that being gay is a choice. Why would anyone choose to adopt a lifestyle where they face hate, hostility and danger every day of their life? Why would anyone make a "choice" to have a more difficult life? It's the reality of the world that we live in that homosexuality will never become completely accepted around the world. Some of my gay friends have told me that their life would be so much easier if they weren't gay. However, you can't help who you are, and you have to be true to yourself. I feel for them because they face problems that I as a straight man will never have to worry about.

Nah, Canada is pretty good actually. And while theres homophobia, theres also racism (towards all ethnic groups, including whites), sexism, agism, etc. Theres also violence, diseases, traffic accidents, etc. Theres suffering, its not exclusive to gays.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Nah, Canada is pretty good actually. And while theres homophobia, theres also racism (towards all ethnic groups, including whites), sexism, agism, etc. Theres also violence, diseases, traffic accidents, etc. Theres suffering, its not exclusive to gays.
And Moose, don't forget the killer, Canadian moose! :tongue:

Who would wish to be marginalized, persecuted, and discriminated against? I love my gay friends, but I don't envy them their sexual preference because of the hell they have to go through.
QFT! :cool:

WellHung83

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The only real reason I think a straight guy would want to be gay is that he gets it into his head he will get more ass aka sex than on average if he were to remain completely with women to service him sexually. Which I suppose is truth if you believe all the stories of straight dudes willingly going to gay bars or cruising joints in order to get a quick blow job or arse fuck.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
How about "straight" girls who want to be gay guys. That's me in case people didn't know already. :p

I've been told that I'm a gay man in a woman's body, but I don't think I'd wish to be a gay man because of all the homophobia and hatred. It's bad enough being a straight woman with all the sexism I grew up with! (And no, I don't want to be a lesbian. There would be the homophobia and hatred, plus female anatomy just doesn't do anything for me.)

Am I the only one who thinks it is stupid with the whole avoid women problem junk? Because gay men don't have problems? Yeah right.

Yeah... I thought of that too. We all have our issues, but many of us do NOT conform to gender stereotypes... I don't, and I even don't conform to the stereotype of being completely stereotypical of the OTHER gender - I like sports, action movies, sciences and all that but I also like fashion and makeup. In other words, I'm an individual! Imagine that?!

Well, a lot of people have this misconception. I remember when I first realized I was gay. I thought: Man, dating men will be SO Much easier. News flash: it really isn't. You may find yourself dealing with the same kind of "crap" only from men instead of women.

Like I was saying above, we all have our issues and quirks. I don't believe in gender steretyping/"innate" differences (that's what the "Biology is not destiny" in my sig refers to, and that I am very against the sociobiology stuff that is basically to me just sexism disguised as science.)

Remember that not all gay men are promiscuous and sleep around and lot and that many gay men expect and want exclusivity and monogamy. As long as parties in the relationship are clear and comfortable with the ground rules, however, there can be a lot of possibilities. Also, as we know from being at LPSG, many straight couples explore non-traditional sexual expression (which I think is an awesome thing).

And many straight single women would LIKE to, or I'm guessing from my own experience (although I've been thought of as "slutty" by more uptight and old-fashioned types, although they've also generally been sexist in other ways as well too...) I'd love for there to be a straight version of a bathhouse! I'd be a frequent visitor... if the guys there weren't repulsively ugly that is! What fears I have in the straight bar scene is that I'm afraid I'll hook up with some psycho and wind up dead in a ditch. With a scene like a bathhouse (or also on-site swingers clubs, but they are for couples and I'm single...) you have people at your back so you don't have to worry so much about hooking up with psychos who will wind up killing you or beating you up or something.

A lot of women may fear the "slut" label and being disapproved of too. I fear this somewhat as well, so I would keep the activity I mentioned above separate from my more "mainstream" acquaintances and friends. They would simply never know about it!

True dat. All relationships are complicated and take time, energy, open communication and hard work to endure.

Yes, and the thing about me is that while I am open to frequent sex with multiple people, I'm ALSO open to a possible monogamous relationship (although I'm also wondering if I'd ever be able to settle for just one! I often feel like a kid in a candy store when it comes to men - I don't want just one - I want lots of them!) That could simply be because I haven't found the right one for me to have that kind of relationship with.

So, being a hag isn't enough for you?!?! ;P

I have several lesbian friends and gay male friends who would love to meet you.

Last edited:

musclemonkey5

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
i've definitely thought about this before. my cousin also told me years ago that he wishes he was gay sometimes because he wouldn't have to deal with crap from women.

there are obvious benefits of being gay: being able to fuck many different partners (since us guys are horny, regardless of orientation). gay men also don't have to deal with women shit.

but they do have to deal with shit that others don't. our society still hasn't fully accepted them, and they are arguably the most hated minority group. it is really sad, considering there have been gay people since the beginning of time. our society has instilled so much fear and guilt into people by using religion as their justification.

in my opinion, those people (i.e., the religious wackos that go around judging others and perpetuating hate) are the ones that scare me. those people are sad and cowardly, because they are too scared to be their true selves. in my opinion, a gay person who comes "out of the closet" is extremely courageous. that takes some balls for sure.

sorry for sidetracking the thread by my mini tangent. haha.

Being in a minorityy and being gay gives a feeling of empowerment. It might take ballz to come out of the closet, but not nearly as much as to be a Christian, in which case everyone hates you, whether or not you condemn others.
I don't know why you felt the need to fire at religeous people, but I'll fire right back..

MischievousOne

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Being in a minorityy and being gay gives a feeling of empowerment. It might take ballz to come out of the closet, but not nearly as much as to be a Christian, in which case everyone hates you, whether or not you condemn others.
I don't know why you felt the need to fire at religeous people, but I'll fire right back..

Actually, he only chose to "fire at" religious wackos. He didn't say a word about Christians in specific. I think you'll find most people are willing to accept your choice of religion before they'll accept another person's "choice" of sexuality.

By the way, the only empowerment I ever felt in regards to being gay was the amount of courage it took to tell my family. I'm a stronger person for it now, but I certainly didn't feel empowered then!

B_Nick4444

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight

shhh!:shhh:

a lot of the libs think it's lib paradise, and are trying to move in!

don't want to stop that!:wink: