Straight men... your personal boundaries?

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by Rugbypup, Sep 12, 2009.

1. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    http://www.lpsg.org/142797-befriending-straight-men-post2326075.html#post2326075

In reference to an incident that happened in the above post, I would like to ask straight men (anyone really) here, what is an acceptable level of contact between you and your straight male friends?

What's harmless, innocuous physical contact and what or where would you draw the line of letting even your best mates know you?

I think it's obvious that full genital contact is most likely a no no, lol. :biggrin1:

Is it only OK to rough house or would you happily accept a foot rub off your closest mate?

#1 Rugbypup, Sep 12, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  2. crescendo69

Gold Member

I think you meant "closest", Rugbypup.:rolleyes:

A straight friend of mine actually offered to rub my feet and calves, and me return the favor. He knows I am gay. We only did it once.

3. Principessa

Gold Member

:261:
    Foot rubs? No!
    Back rubs? No!
    A hello hug where the top of the body touches but the butts stick out so that genitalia is at least a foot apart is acceptable. You may give each other two quick pats on the back then release.
    Straight men don't touch and rough housing is usually only done amongst college guys.

4. crescendo69

Gold Member

I get a lot of WTF's on here.:biggrin1:

5. B_henry miller

B_henry miller New Member

For me, speaking as a straight man, I find it acceptable to suck a dick. lol. Sorry. Just kidding.

6. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    Biggest Freudian slip of the year, clearly, there has to be some sort of award for that one, lol. :biggrin1:

7. swimmersox

swimmersox Active Member

Here's a viewpoint from a guy who is admittedly bi to some extent, but who lives his life (happily) as a married straight man with passionate attraction to women:
    For me, it's fairly simple. Anything I would otherwise perceive as 'sexual' coming from a woman I find attractive, were it to come from a man, I would find it startling and probably unsettling.
    Importantly, however, as has been the case every so often, once I 'reset' my mental/sexual clock (or whatever the hell the right metaphor is), and reorient myself to being open to the apparent overture, I am perfectly fine... And sometimes, though rarely, I have taken the other guy up on it and reciprocated.

8. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    That's interesting, perhaps I am missing something simple here.

We all have percentages of orientation under out avatars, well, what if he's a 90/10% or even a 99/1%? Perhaps all he meant by touching that way was that he doesn't care if I gay? Maybe he was just being daring with his own boundaries and just being affectionate, all be it gentle, though platonic.

...I wonder. Still confused as fuck though, lol.

9. B_BadBoyBilly

B_BadBoyBilly New Member

If they are straight and not complete closet cases they do not want sex with men or want to be touched/groped by men.

10. Rugbypup

Gold Member

Albums:
    'By' men being the operative word, lol. :biggrin1:

11. swimmersox

swimmersox Active Member

As to the last couple posts here, I think it does make a BIG difference whether the guy whose 'overtures' are in question does or does not know (or suspect) that the other guy is gay.

If he does NOT KNOW, then I would err on presuming that the guy simply has more flexible affection habits than most, and that his affection is probably just platonic (poorly attuned to society's norms maybe, but platonic).

However, if he DOES know that the other guy is gay, well, then I think the likelihood is very hight that when he makes societally 'questionable' affectionate gestures toward the other guy he is either:
    1) Flirting or making a pass (overtly or subconsciously); or
    2) He is being cruel and/or manipulative (again, either overtly or subconsciously).

So, if you are the gay guy on the receiving end of a perplexing gesture of affection like this (from another guy who does know you are gay), it seems to me the best response should be the same in either case -- that is, reciprocate with a clearly sexual gesture of your own towards him. If the scenario is #1, you might be on the road to something hot together. Alternatively, if the scenario is #2, you'll just freak the bejeezus out of the little fucker, which is what he deserves.

Just my 2 cents here.

12. Pendlum

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    If you were daring, I guess, you'd probably find out. I'd rather have my gay friends just be themselves, and we'll deal with the boundaries when they are crossed. This isn't fair if you are someone who goes crazy and wants to lay the smack down when a boundary is crossed, but luckily I'm not that way. Unless you are trying to give me a blowjob or something, but there has to be obvious boundaries.. seriously. If someone is crossing over things that should be obvious, they have issues imo.

13. D_Jared Padalicki

D_Jared Padalicki Account Disabled

A hug, sitting next to each other real close, helping a friend with putting on some sunmilk, ...

14. dirk2d

dirk2d Member

Albums:
    I know what you mean, you suck off one or 46 blokes here and there and everyone thinks you're gay! What's with that? :tongue:

15. D_Petherick_Poundlouder

Any sensual contact often reserve for a women. A man can not give me a massage.

16. BigDallasDick8x6

Gold Member

Albums:
    Prostate exams? Do you have a female doctor?

17. D_Petherick_Poundlouder

I'm too young for those things.

Hopefully a machine will be able to do it or I'll be just like every other guy who hates going to the doctor.

18. unabear09

Gold Member

Albums:
    on a related note....I was shooting the shit with a guy at work and the subject came around to sex (as it always does lol). I started talking about doing a DP (MFM) and he kinda freaked out. He was horrified about the possiblity of swords crossing. My reaction was well, whats the big deal? Unless you're gay or a homophobe then there shouldn't be any real problem if your swords cross. I mean, the cock is just skin and blood, and if theres unintentional contact, oh well. Of course he thought I was weird, but I mean seriously. Why should it matter?

19. D_Petherick_Poundlouder

It shouldn't.

But I personally wouldn't do MFM. I'm too selfish for that.

20. mixedcock

mixedcock New Member

people freak out because they are very closed minded

Draft saved Draft deleted