Straight men... your personal boundaries?

D_Harry_Crax

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:261:
Foot rubs? No!
Back rubs? No!
A hello hug where the top of the body touches but the butts stick out so that genitalia is at least a foot apart is acceptable. You may give each other two quick pats on the back then release.
Straight men don't touch and rough housing is usually only done amongst college guys.

I think njqt is correct about the no foot rubs. But straight guys can give each other back rubs, along as it's brief, fully clothed, and seems firm and muscular, the way American men generally like their handshakes.
As for the touching chests but genitals at least a foot apart, I guess most straight American guys do that, but it looks ridiculous and sort of feels ridiculous. I certainly don't do that when I hug gay or straight friends, and none of them seem to be uncomfortable that I don't hug with my ass sticking out so that cock is a long ways from theirs.

Balljunkie

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Foot massages or neck rubs is a big no-no. With my straight friends, I respect their boundaries. I playfully poked my friend in the stomach, and he started calling me a fag. Yes, he already knew, but I made more of a concerted effort. I had another straight friend fall asleep in the car with his head on my shoulder.

I am not an affectionate person with straight guys or even gay guys. I don't like touching, and most of the guys I know don't touch either.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I roughhoused regularly with high school buddies. Almost as much in college.

After that, though, something changed. The only physical male contact I observe or participate in now is a handshake or occasionally a brief hug (as long as crotch does not press upon crotch during that hug).

BigDallasDick8x6

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'm too young for those things.

Hopefully a machine will be able to do it or I'll be just like every other guy who hates going to the doctor.

How about testicular cancer and inguinal hernias? It's really young guys that get testicular cancer. Hopefully someone has taught you how to do the self exams or your have a doctor (of either sex) doing it.

seattleguy77

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've been nude along side buddies and have tolerated ass smackings and nipple twists. I guess if there is an element of "torture" to the naked pay, it's considered "safe" straight fun. I've also enjoyed professional massage by a male, and that was just amazing. I guess if I were naked in the shower and a buddy came up behind me and offered to wash my back, I would decline the offer.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've had emotionally intimate relationships with my best male friends, and some have progressed where we cuddle in bed together or hold hands or sit close to each other on a couch with our arms around each other. My best male friend also kisses me on the cheek when he sees me or says goodbye. These activities are usually done just with the other guy there, so it's basically private. For me this is great affectionate reenforcing activity that I appreciate and like very much. It shows how much we love each other even though we're not lovers or romantic. It's quite common in european cultures for men to have closer relationships and to express those feelings.

Reactions: yuyuharber

BIGBULL29

Worshipped Member
Media
State College (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
Pansexual
I've been nude along side buddies and have tolerated ass smackings and nipple twists. I guess if there is an element of "torture" to the naked pay, it's considered "safe" straight fun. I've also enjoyed professional massage by a male, and that was just amazing. I guess if I were naked in the shower and a buddy came up behind me and offered to wash my back, I would decline the offer.

What worries you about that? The back washing might get you to experience feelings you don't want to have, or you are just repulsed by the notion of a dude washing your back? I don't see how a getting your back washed could be that repulsive?

What do straight men get so scared of the thought of another man putting sun lotion on their backs? What is so damn frightening about that?

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
I have two deputy managers, i am their manager,they are both very very straight Men about town type of guys. One of them is very touchy feely with me, not sexual, if i have something like fluff on my shirt he will brush it off,even if someone is there. He will really lean into my space when we are talking, gives hugs. The other has most intimate chats with me about sex, very open, will walk in my office, massage my neck, rub my back and if a good looking guy walks in, he will ask me after if i was interested.He gives me a close hug too. I never think anything else about these guys or their contact, strangest thing is though, i would never do anything like that to them, maybe they are comfortable with me and their sexuality, maybe i don't want them getting the wrong idea if i was to do that.

ryguy88

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Foot rubs? No!
Back rubs? No!
A hello hug where the top of the body touches but the butts stick out so that genitalia is at least a foot apart is acceptable. You may give each other two quick pats on the back then release.
Straight men don't touch and rough housing is usually only done amongst college guys.
I have a Str8 friend @ work, and we hug when we greet. However, he likes to lean in so our crotches are touching or almost touching. Sometimes leaning his leg between my legs, so my cock rests on his upper thigh. And there's no quick pat on the back, but instead we give each other a big bear hug. A couple of times I've had to unlock, b/c I start to get hard. He knows I'm into men, and he is definitely not, (I've tried), but I kinda think he likes the attention. He also loves making sexual innuendos, like offering to take me to "Pleasure Town". When I call him on it, he laughs, and tells me to calm down. I work in a restaurant, so we're always joking around, usually with sexual connotations. The Head Chef likes to make comments too, but I'll save those for another time. Do I think they're Gay? no, just messing around with friends..

Foot rubs? No!
Back rubs? No!

For someone so liberal you're ridiculously uptight about physical affection. I've had my male friends hug me full on, none of that silly A-frame crap, TJ loved to sleep with his head on my lap, and I've given and received some really good back rubs.

The rest of the world isn't so uptight. When I was in Rome I saw a strikingly-handsome young man impeccably dressed in a khaki poplin suit walking arm in arm with a much older man I took to be his grandfather and then began to notice how common walking together like that was among men. I found it refreshing and sweet.

bryang

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I disagree with a man cannot give a massage. I've had a professional massages from males and they are often the best. They are strong enough to to get knots out of the shoulder blades and there is absolutely nothing sexual about that. Now, when I just want a relaxing massage, you just can't beat the soft touch of a woman.

With regard to personal boundaries, we are much more phobic about closeness in the US. Most countries outside of the US are comfortable with less personal space. In fact, I couldn't believe when I saw male friends kiss each other's cheeks hello in Belgium and they were not gay. I don't want to go that far, but we should probably be less phobic here in the US.

D_Mylor Mentallydaft

Account Disabled
Media
For someone so liberal you're ridiculously uptight about physical affection. I've had my male friends hug me full on, none of that silly A-frame crap, TJ loved to sleep with his head on my lap, and I've given and received some really good back rubs.

The rest of the world isn't so uptight. When I was in Rome I saw a strikingly-handsome young man impeccably dressed in a khaki poplin suit walking arm in arm with a much older man I took to be his grandfather and then began to notice how common walking together like that was among men. I found it refreshing and sweet.

first off she's not uptight she just has HER limits SHE sets FOR HER, i'm glad and i'm sure she is to that you have friends you can touch and clutch on comfortably, thats the world of jason_els, the world of njq466 (and AXL X for that matter) DON'T LIKE TO BE TOUCHED WTF dose that have to do with being liberal

and NO ,the fuck you didn't find it REFRESHING....... you found it comfortable, the same way a straight man in a locker room feels comfortable when they are confident that everyone there find them just as UNAPPEALING as he dose them. news flash, MAN IS ANIMAL and animal is flawed, and one of the flaws is, animals come in only 2 kinds, pack animals (mostly) and solitary animals. MOST PEOPLE FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE AROUND OTHER PEOPLE LIKE THEM you can tattoo a giant pink left hand on your ass to show how enlightened and liberal you are and still, YOU ARE NOT ABOVE THIS UNLESS you are one of the cursed/blessed solitary people like me, and perfer the company of pretty much no one, and you're still not above it, it just don't apply

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
One thing that really turns me off as gay black guy is the damn "brotha" hug and the "brotha" handshake. I feel really weirded out by that shit. I want a hug. I want a firm handshake. I don't wanna Kid and Play dance routine, a Fred Berry pop lock breakdance, a jitterbug routine, a Masonic ritual and a double dutch jumproping session as a damn hug or for a handshake. It is unsettling. If every straight male started doing that, I would definately be turned off big time. A hug should be a hug. A firm handshake should simply be a firm handshake. If they start doing Janet Jackson and Paula Abdul jazz isolations...I am like "Nevermind...fuck your hug and handshake.":biggrin1:

On proper etiquette with unknown straight guys, I don't give hugs. I do give firm handshakes. I don't do European kiss and greets. I don't make out with a guy in front of them. But they can make out with their women so I can see the guys' dicks get hard and juicy. :biggrin1: The party is over for me when the women are going wild. I am calling a cab.

Man, if a straight guy asked me for a foot massage, a back massage or a body massage...I am like--"Motherfucker--get your girlfriend, wifey or hood rat to give you a massage."

D_Mylor Mentallydaft

Account Disabled
Media
I'm not sure I like the sound of that... :confused:

sean connery from indiana jones andthe last crusade, i have tried and give alot of sexual things a try, so i am one of the few "red blooded" guys that can say "I KNOW" i'm straight, but even still... its just kinda ... off? i guessyou'd say.. or gross if i weren't the pyridine of sensitivity that i am

is it common for gay men to find straight sex to be gross?

D

deleted213967

I think straight women should not give each other prostate exams.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
is it common for gay men to find straight sex to be gross?

I don't find straight sex gross. I don't want to fuck a woman with a straight guy so I could be pals with a straight guy...or whatever male bonding du jour. More for straight men and lesbians. For example and metaphorically speaking..., I don't like eating watermelon, but there are people that love them. More for you.

I don't expect all men to like what I do either. But that is me. More gay men for me...the ones that do want me. Some guys may feel that gay sex is gross. I am not there doing in the streets and forcing my sexuality on the straight guys in public.

Everyone has their picks at the buffet...but one knows the dishes they like best and the ones they leave alone for others to try. All in all. It is a buffet.

Last edited: