Straightism...

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
I wonder... homophobia is common and in some instances may even be the accepted norm.

I have a question for the staright guys out there, have you ever faced hetrophobia anywhere, any when in your life?

Have you ever been penalised for being straight?

avg_joe

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No. Personally, I don't hate gays because I have a gay cousin, a gay friend, and a gay teacher.

fortiesfun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

SlimGuySB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've experienced it from a few 'scene' people, but then their 'you could never understand what we've been through' wailing seemed to alienate my gay friends just as much. But generally speaking I'm with Bigbou in as much as most gay people I know have a healthy 'do what you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else' attitude.

notsmallmatt

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Bulldykes hate us.

no, maybe they just hate you?

bull dykes hate everybody except femme dykes. They even suspect each other of having a secret penis and rape fantasies!

i have several "bull dyke" friends who are seriously some of the best people ive ever met(im thinking of buying an "i <3 lesbians" t-shirt one day), they hate no one, but rather live and let live. theyre even tolerant of people who think and talk with their ass.:rolleyes:

OmahaBeef

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have...

I cannot fault one for being normally inclined towards their own, however, when there is a display of rudeness and biggotry BY them once respect is delivered by me then there is a problem, and it lies with them.

...OB

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have been in a male gay club with a female friend where we were told we weren't allowed in the main area of the club, I was very surprised because I thought most gay people called for tolerance.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have been in a male gay club with a female friend where we were told we weren't allowed in the main area of the club, I was very surprised because I thought most gay people called for tolerance.

I was in a gay club once with my boyfriend at the time! No one gave us any flak for being a straight couple in a gay club. We were there because we like the dance music that they play in a lot of gay clubs, and because I like drag shows (there was one that night). This was not a strictly male gay club though - maybe that makes a difference?

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Going point, SP, however groups also like to have their santuaries. Men's clubs (that exclude women), "Women's Weight Rooms" in co-ed gyms, and many religious gatherings (to name a few).

It's a fine line to walk, and I don't think we have all the answers.

D_smack ash

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
No.i have gay friends.and have been hit on here and outside the site.i kinda of feel flattered.For being str8 i have never been made to feel bad.To each there own i say :)

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'd forgotten all about that nj, you're quite right, there are a few men on here who think the site should be exclusively gay, fortunately they're a very small minority.

B_Hung Jon

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I've been to gay male clubs with my g/f but we usually go with other gay guys or girls & then we all dance together. I think it's cool as long as she & I don't disrespect peeps. I feel that gay folks need to have their space to be themselves without straights hogging it.