Strange experiences

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by B_Lightkeeper, Aug 21, 2007.

1. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

No...this is not about de ja vue or seeing UFOs....but have you had a strange experience you still recall from the past?

Shortly after graduating from HS, I attended a technical school in Chicago and lived at the YMCA Hotel (for men and women) on Wabash Ave.

My Dad sent me a small portable B&W TV for my room and one night I was watching it and must have had it a little loud. I heard a knock on the door and a not bad looking guy introduced himself and said he had moved in the room next door and thought he heard TV and if I minded if he came in.

I had been sitting in the only chair in my room so I motioned for him to have a seat on the bed. He sat down and then reclined in a more comfortable position and asked if it would be OK for him to remove his pants so they wouldn't get wrinkled.

I guess by this time I should have been thinking this was strange...however he was nice looking and I was not going to make the first move anyway.

We got to talking - I asked him where he was from - he asked me where I grew up (as if he couldn't tell by my Southern accent!). I told him my age - he inquired about my birthday, and when I told him he got excited and told me his was on that same date. He said he couldn't believe it and told me to let him see my drivers license. I removed it from my wallet and my draft card fell out. I picked it up and laid it on the dresser and my license after he examined the date and agreed that we were born on the same day. I verified this from his drivers license and he pulled out a small wallet photo made of him in one of those quarter photo booths. Well, not sure how one thing then lead to another, but we wound up nude in the bed and had sex.

After he left, I picked up my drivers license to replace it in my wallet and discovered my draft card was gone. I panicked..especially since we were both born same day, same year. I slipped on my pants and knocked on the door of the room next to mine but no answer. Thinking he had gone downstairs to get something to eat or gone out for a drink or something, I went on to bed thinking I would catch him the next morning and see if he had accidentally picked up my draft card.

Back then, it was a law that you were supposed to have it with you at all times. After worrying about it all night, I checked the next morning before I left to go to school. Still no answer. That afternoon, I came in and checked again. I called my Dad and told him what happened - ALL except the sex part, and he said he would call the draft board in my hometown and request another card. I tore my room apart looking for it. I had thoughts of him robbing a bank or something and stealing my identity.

I decided to go down to the office and show them the photo of the guy and see if they knew him. They said he looked a little familiar but unless I could tell his name, they could not check and see if he was a registered guest. All I could remember from seeing his ID was the first name of Bill.

Well, I never saw him again nor could find anything else missing. To this day though I often wonder why he got my draft card and what was the purpose. I still have the photo but after all these years I don't guess my name or registration number was ever used for anything illegal.

Sorry this is a long story but thought I'd share to see if anyone else has had a simular experience. Oh...and for the remaining time I was there I never let anyone else come in my room but I did enjoy reading the graffiti on the marble toilet stall walls in the men's bathrooms and seeing an occasional cock in the shower. I think that facility has long been torn down now.

2. shotinstar

shotinstar Member

Albums:
    your dad sent you a TV for being in a youth hostel?? wow..

3. B_Lightkeeper

B_Lightkeeper New Member

:confused:

Draft saved Draft deleted