Strange Proposal...what do you think?

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
When he means spend two weeks there, do they alreadyhave a home there? some people have a vacation home and don't mind bringing a guest along who is paying their way otherwise, just offering you a home base and a place to sleep while you do your tourist thing.

But if they are living in a rental or it's a timeshare like wish says, no. Too many fishy traps.

Chase1600

Experimental Member
Media
One time, mucho years ago, I got a call from someone whom I had not seem much of during the preceding years inviting me to join in on a house rental in Acapulco. It was straight forward; I was to pay my share; I suspect they’d gone pretty far down the list to drag up my name.

I didn’t go. There’d be no reason to not have; I don’t think there was anything deceptive.

All that said, I think your invitation is even more improbable and the advice received sounds good. Unless there’s an explanation you’ve left out, were I he, I’d be embarrassed to invite you to someplace so distant, for so long, not having seen you for 10 years. Don’t they have any friends? Is there something suspicious?

It would be one thing to suggest that if you are ever in his town to be sure and drop by for dinner, maybe even crash in the spare room overnight, but this seems way out of proportion.

killerb

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Thanks to everyone for your advice...

I don't think it's a timeshare thing because I told him that I'd want to bring a friend & he said that I couldn't...

so I decided to decline the invitation...

I never would have felt comfortable staying with virtual strangers anyway...

pablovian

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I'd like to get your opinions...here's what happened:

I received an email from a guy I know - inviting me spend 2 weeks in Hawaii with him & his wife & kid...and I don't have to pay...thing is, I haven't seen him in over 10 years (we live in different states) and we were never close friends or anything...we didn't even go to school together, since he's quite a few years older than I am...

Although I've never been there and I'd LOVE to go, this just doesn't seem right to me...

What do you think?

Do a background check on him and his wife and make sure there isn't any allegations or charges for black market organ transactions!!!

B_jeepguy2

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
He is going to sell you some timeshare when you get there!

Too funny! Yeah, maybe he has signed up for one of those free trips they offer and they told him to bring a friend and YOU are going to get the sales pitch too! Honestly I would be willing to bet that is what it is.

Some friends of my parents are always taking those free trips to exotic places to look at property...but never buy anything! The thing is, these people are GAZILIONAIRES and can easily afford to vacation anywhere on the planet that they want on their own dime...but instead these cheapskates go on these free trips and listen to the sales pitches and act like they are seriously considering buying the whole time they are there just so they can get a free vacation. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

D_Helmer Heighballs

Experimental Member
Media
guys n gals ur being a tad paranoid, no? maybe he was supposed tp bring someone else who for whaterver reason couldnt come. theres a million reasons.
i say go, have fun, do the things u want to do. if there is a 3sum in it for u, great, if not its a free holiday.

hope u have fun mate.

horneyoldguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
There is no such thing as a Free Lunch - Some kind of payment will be expected- If you let us know which is waqs right or wrong and if there is a payment - let us know what that was too

Last edited:

dreamer20

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
I'd like to get your opinions...here's what happened:

I received an email from a guy I know - inviting me spend 2 weeks in Hawaii with him & his wife & kid...and I don't have to pay

It's a shame that you didn't go. I would have gone on the trip and had fun. And, if needed, minded the kid too. :umbrella:

Last edited:

coachreffn

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Adding to this though the decision has already been made not to go: I agree that the proposal was a bit odd only in that you were offered to go to Hawaii with expenses paid. However, the man is married and does have a child. I think you would have seen some red flags flying prior to this if it was anything odd or out of the ordinary. I think Dreamer 20 was very cool in his response. However, you felt uncomfortable (even without having to go do sex or being used as a nanny) with it and that should be enough.

It did profide some interesting theories about the guy's intent.