Strange Symptoms

MysticNight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hi all, recently (around Sat/Sun or so) I had noticed it burning slightly when I urinated, I thought maybe it was just irritated. However, when I woke up the next morning, I noticed a tiny bit of discharge from my penis. Naturally I freaked out and went to the doctor thinking an STD of some sort. So right away they test for UTI just in case, and its negative...I wait 3 days for the STD results, and they are negative too. From then, all they've told me is see if it goes away, if not come back. Now there's barely any discharge but it still does burn slightly when I pee. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I'm relieved it's not an STD, but I'm not totally relieved because having these symptoms isn't normal.

Thanks guys :)

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
did they check for urinary tract infections? could you be passing kidney stones? are you drinking enough fluids?

MysticNight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
they did check for infections the day I was there, they didn't mention anything about kidney stones...and I've been drinking water pretty much all day since I woke up that morning

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
they did check for infections the day I was there, they didn't mention anything about kidney stones...and I've been drinking water pretty much all day since I woke up that morning
burning with women is often an std or good old cystitis.

Urination - painful: MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia
Burning on Urination
^^^ google threw these at me.

...did your docs just shrug and send you home? or are they going to follow up with more tests to try to find a cause? if they aren't still looking for a cause then they're rubbish and need replacing.

MysticNight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
They didn't really shrug they did a UTI test, said we don't want to give you antibiotics because it was negative, so we waited for STD (gonorrhea/chlamydia) test and that was also negative (it better have been since I hadn't had sex). So they said if it's not better in a few days and if it's not better do followup. I'm honestly clueless because I thought a discharge was STD but I hadn't had sex and it was negative...but the discharge is barely noticeable I wouldn't have even thought it was there if it wasn't burning slightly. Seems to just be the "tip" that burns as well.

Yeast infection is possible?

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
They didn't really shrug they did a UTI test, said we don't want to give you antibiotics because it was negative, so we waited for STD (gonorrhea/chlamydia) test and that was also negative (it better have been since I hadn't had sex). So they said if it's not better in a few days and if it's not better do followup. I'm honestly clueless because I thought a discharge was STD but I hadn't had sex and it was negative...but the discharge is barely noticeable I wouldn't have even thought it was there if it wasn't burning slightly. Seems to just be the "tip" that burns as well.

Yeast infection is possible?
i guess it could be yeast...
an injury or irritation of some sort...
allergy to soap or detergent perhaps...

it's a weird one!

MysticNight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I know, I'm trying not to panic lol, and not having STD was a huge relief but still, I'd like to know what's going on :/

MysticNight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm not sure I'm quite baffled, I might try using a different soap or something to see but I doubt it for some reason.

B_625girth

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
that happened to me 2 days before my penis doubled in size.

seriouisly sounds like urinary tract infection. cranberry juice and yogurt should fix you up.

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had the same thing as you did. No STD after testing but still burning urination and even after ejaculation. I took an antibiotic Flagel and the symptoms seemed to disappear.

The doc said it could have been a prostate infection as my prostate was a bit enlarged. The urologist thought it may have been trichomoniasis of which there is no test but treated by antibiotics.

At any rate I'm all clear now, thank god. It was troubling and I know how you feel right now.

If it doesn't clear up in two weeks I'd make another appt with the doc and please abstain from sexual contact until it clears up!

MysticNight

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Thanks everyone for all the input! I was told to wait until Monday and if it doesn't clear to
Make a followup. So I'll keep drinking fluids and such and see what happens by Monday. This same thing actually happened to me about a year ago, no STDs at all but same symptoms and had a z-pack antibiotic and it made it all better.