Strangest films of all time

ClaireTalon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Local Hero.

It's been shot in 1983, with mostly unknown actors, except for the very prominent Burt Lancaster. The rest of the cast (Peter Riegert, Fulton Mackay, Denis Lawson e.a.) is hilariously unknown, but acts great in this gem of a movie. The story is close to the 1950s movie Brigadoon, about a Texan oil company trying to buy a Scottish bay from more than willing to sell inhabitants, until a beach bum butts in.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
novice_btm said:
Liquid Sky

I'll second the nod to Liquid Sky. A strange little short film is Don Hertzfeldt's Rejected (low quality video here).

"Mah spoon is too big!
Mah spoon is too big!
Mah. Spoon. Is. TOO BIG!"

"I am a banana!"

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
mindseye said:
I'll second the nod to Liquid Sky. A strange little short film is Don Hertzfeldt's Rejected (low quality video here).

"Mah spoon is too big!
Mah spoon is too big!
Mah. Spoon. Is. TOO BIG!"

"I am a banana!"
So THAT'S where we got that little :banana: from, eh?

P.S. :wtf1: :why:

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
SurferGirlCA said:
Strange in a strange way... some hmmm 1970s (?) movie about a woman who uses her enormous breasts to kill men. Yes, I actually sat through this with my brother. It was something he found in some discount video store and he thought it was hysterical. This was when he still smoked pot, though. :rolleyes:

It was Deadly Weapons (lensed in 1970, released by AIP in 1973), directed by Doris Wishman, and starring the ever-popular Chesty Morgan and her 73" bosom. :smile:

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
alex8 said:
It was Deadly Weapons (lensed in 1970, released by AIP in 1973), directed by Doris Wishman, and starring the ever-popular Chesty Morgan and her 73" bosom. :smile:
:tongue: I knew YOU would know this, Alex. What was the plot exactly? Hmmmm, maybe plot is too formal for what they were doing. Ummmm, ok, why was the woman with the 73" bosom smothering men with it?

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
SurferGirlCA said:
:tongue: I knew YOU would know this, Alex. What was the plot exactly? Hmmmm, maybe plot is too formal for what they were doing. Ummmm, ok, why was the woman with the 73" bosom smothering men with it?

Her boyfriend had been murdered by some mob people that he was involved with while she and he were speaking on the phone. Since she heard the guys' nicknames, she was able to track them down (in Vegas and Coral Gables, allowing for some nice East and West Coast stock footage) and, pretending to be a horny professional stripper, could get close to them and off them with her mammaries. It's quite simple, really. :rolleyes:

See the posters below for proof that Doris Wishman's movies always went well beyond the usual softcore, though :rolleyes: ..and her other never-to-be-forgotten titles included both the pun-tastically titled slasher pic A Night to Dismember and the penis-transplant-turns-a-man-into-a-serial-killer epic The Amazing Transplant. :smile:

Attachments

wrench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"the day the clown cried" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068451/
ive never seen it, and neither have any of you. only a very very few have. jerry lewis has the only copy locked in a vault, vows it will never be seen again. i hear harry shearer has seen it, claims its as bad he heard. jerry as a nazi clown leading children into the gas chamber. what was he thinking? he made this movie with much of his own money.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
wrench said:
"the day the clown cried" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068451/
ive never seen it, and neither have any of you. only a very very few have. jerry lewis has the only copy locked in a vault, vows it will never be seen again. i hear harry shearer has seen it, claims its as bad he heard. jerry as a nazi clown leading children into the gas chamber. what was he thinking? he made this movie with much of his own money.

It never got beyond a rough cut, which is what Harry Shearer saw. Jerry had already vaulted the production prior to the final edit. However, the Biography Channel was given access to just under one-minute of footage of scenes being filmed, which you can download as an .mpg file from:
http://www.subcin.com/clowncried.mpg

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Okay, this is about all I watch, so here we go:

1) Freeway 2, Confessions of a Trickbaby. Don't pass it up just because Freeway was not too spectacular, it's b-movie viewing at it's kitchy best. Exploitative and annoying almost all the way through.

2) Eraserhead. How can you not love a movie that takes five years to make while the actors and director live on site hippy commune style? Dark imagery and intimate attention to detail. Add in everything else from David Lynch here. No other director even comes close.

3) Liquid Sky. Fucking weird, but visiually stunning.

4) My Own Private Idaho. Quirky, improbable and still touching and involving.

5) Thursday. This movie rocks for character development, good ensemble cast make the most of the plot. Unapologising and raw script.

6) Siesta. Everybody on earth shows up in this movie for a minute. While cohesive for a weird movie, it remains a story full of twists and turns that's still easy enough to follow.

7) Buffalo '66. A brave directorial debut (I believe) for Vince Gallo. Characters are hard to warm up to, and that's the point. Well developed story that ends up being, well not what you'd expect. I love this movie.

8) American Psycho. Perfectly portrayed by Christian Bale pre-Batman.

9) Novacaine. Every once in a while Steve Martin reminds me why I like him. This was one of those times.

10) Twin Peaks- Fire Walk With Me. Yeah, I know I said "everything David Lynch" already, but this one's worth bringing out as a directorial masterpiece, so blow me. He ties up more loose ends in this effort than he ever does, very satisfying for the quizzical puzzle solvers like me.

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
madame_zora said:
3) Liquid Sky. Fucking weird, but visiually stunning.

Y'know, I was lucky enough to see this movie on the big screen at a retrospective about two days after I came out, and damn, I was sexually entraced by Anne Carlisle in the dual lead role. :rolleyes:

wellhungcamboy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Like several other people in this thread, I'm a HUGE David Lynch fan, especially Eraserhead, Fire Walk With Me (an unappreciated masterpiece), and Mulholland Drive.

Check out 5 Minutes to Live http://www.5mtl.com/

and something weird http://www.somethingweird.com/

for all your strange movie needs!

Not a movie, per se, but a children's tv show, Japan's Gimme Gimme Octopus, (a show about an octopus and a peanut both in love with the same walrus) is truly mind-bending. http://blog.wfmu.org/freeform/2006/03/gimme_gimme_mor.html

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9aDVlFzF5Kk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=P3K138ZvKCM

:biggrin1:

D_Herin_Ghan

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Pi An absolutely insane and intriguing film. I found the artistic and philosophical aspects of this movie amazing. But the headache scenes, and many of his computer scenes were plain scary/strange.

Requiem for a Dream No explanation necessary, watch the movie...its amazing/disturbing

D_Herin_Ghan

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
GoneA said:
i completely agree ... it's both amazing and disturbing

The part where his arm got sawed off (his name escapes me at the moment, but I know he's the lead singer from 30 Seconds to Mars) gave me nightmares for a week after I first saw it.