Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
kank84 said:
Wales has some beauties, apparantly this is the longest place name in the world: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch.
No, that honour belongs to New Zealand:
Taumatawhakatangihangaköauauotamatea(houmaitwhitiurehaeapikimaungahoronukuturipukaka)pokaiwhenuakitanatähu.
The part in brackets is optional, but it's still longer than Llanfair... without it. (The spaces should not be there. I can't get rid of them.)
It means the hill of the flute-playing by Tamatea (who came hither from afar, with cut penis, climbed mountains, swallowed the land) the circumnavigator, to his loved one. The 'cut' would have been a dorsal slit. I've been there - it's a bit out of the way - not a very impressive hill at all.

Snozzle

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In NZ also are places called Urewera (burnt penis) and Urenui (big penis). The first derives from a man who fell in a fire and gave his nickname to a whole tribe, then to their region, now a National Park. The other is said to be a figurative expression meaning great strength, but I have my doubts.

rawbone8

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Here in Ontario we have a town and township called Bastard.
There is also a northern Ontario mining community called Swastika which predates the Second World War by almost 50 years, and refuses to change its name, despite the obvious pressure.

Resonant_Floutist

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Don't forget about Cereal, Alberta; Tuktoyaktuk (pronounced "tuck-toy-yuck-tuck"), NWT; and Veggreville (pronounced "vogre-vill"...hard to explain without using IPA symbols), Alberta!

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
How about Willey in Shropshire England and Cummaquid Massachussetts USA?

Here are a few more I have found:

Beaver Head (Idaho, USA)
Brown Willy (Cornwall,UK)
Chinaman's Knob (Australia)
Dikshit (India)
Dong Rack (Thailand-Cambodia border) In honour of DONG20
Dongo (Congo - Democratic Republic)
Effin (Limerick, Ireland)

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This may only appeal to Brits sorry, but one of my favourite places was a border town between Uruguay and Argentina called Frey Bentos. I even got a stamp in my passport.

(Frey Bentos is a brand of tinned pies, banned in the US for some reason but, as I recall very very tasty.)

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Daverock said:
Dong Rack (Thailand-Cambodia border) In honour of DONG20

Why thanks:smile: I was in battambang once, where the Thai/Cambodia border road joins the road from Phnom Penh. I was heading to Siem Reap so never headed any further West.

Cambodia has so great place names, Stung Treng is a personal favourite, followed by Kompong Som (Sihanoukville).

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
here are a few more:

Lickey End (West Midlands, UK)
Little Dix Village (West Indies)

Tittybong (Australia)
Tong Fuk (Japan)
Twatt (Orkney, UK)
Wank (Germany)

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
In New Jersey we have a town named Ho-Ho-Kus. It actually has hyphens in the name of the town. I always found it funny, it reminded me of a stutterin magician, Ho-ho-kus - po-po-kus.

It's not pronounce like the Christmas ho ho ho, more like, Huh-Ho-kuss.

brainzz_n_dong

Just Browsing
Media
I'm not as well travelled as some of you (yet) but this is what you can find in my back yard:

Bald Knob, Ark
Pilot Knob, Mo
Knob Lick, Ky
Cooter, Mo
Tallapoosa, Mo
Possum Trot, Ky

vt4xxl

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
"However I understand several states have towns called "Intercourse" :33:" by Stronzo.

Yes, I know of one state in the USA.

Intercourse, Pennsylvania which is very close to Bird in Hand, Pennsylvania.

Though unofficial, I assume the "Bird" is a woodpecker aka, woodie or pecker. I'm sure this was not intended to be gender bias, so I hope everyone is open to the mastrubatory implications.

This area in PA is Amish country and things move a bit slow, but if suburban sprawl reaches this erotic hotbed, could Suckyville be next?

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Only from countries I have visited:

Wankie (Zimbabwe)
Wet Beaver Creek (Australia)
Little Snoring (England)

Oh and the Hertfordshire village of of Ugley has a branch of the Women's Institute.:eek:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
vt4xxl said:
"However I understand several states have towns called "Intercourse" :33:" by Stronzo.

Yes, I know of one state in the USA.

Intercourse, Pennsylvania which is very close to Bird in Hand, Pennsylvania.

Though unofficial, I assume the "Bird" is a woodpecker aka, woodie or pecker. I'm sure this was not intended to be gender bias, so I hope everyone is open to the mastrubatory implications.

This area in PA is Amish country and things move a bit slow, but if suburban sprawl reaches this erotic hotbed, could Suckyville be next?

Not only Intercourse, but also Fertility, Desire, and Climax. Gotta love those Quakers:biggrin1: .

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
mercurialbliss said:
Not only Intercourse, but also Fertility, Desire, and Climax. Gotta love those Quakers:biggrin1: .

There is I believe a Middle Intercourse Island in Australia. I have no idea if there are also Outer or Inner Intercourse Islands though.:smile:

Ethyl

Legendary Member
Media
Philadelphia (Pennsylvania, United States)
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
dong20 said:
There is I believe a Middle Intercourse Island in Australia. I have no idea if there are also Outer or Inner Intercourse Islands though.:smile:

Middle Intercourse. That's kind of redundant, isn't it? There is a Virgin, Utah, I believe.

I feel sorry for those who live in Lebanon, MO right now.