Strangest Place names you have known

ruperty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Bunny Hill, another Minge Lane on Worcester, Dunce in Yorks, Muff in Donegal Ireland, Mayo in Ireland too i think, Clopton just because it sounds silly.

ruperty

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
and do americans find it difficult to say 'Shropshire'? Jonny Knoxville did.

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There's a place not a million miles from me called Cold Christmas, which always makes me smile. Taking a roundabout route there one can pass by Freezy Water, Much Hadham and Little Hadham (actually the same place) and the cheerful Bengeo. A little to the east is Great Snoring and of course Little Snoring.

Just outside Greater London one will find Pratts Bottom, to the west is Wyre Piddle, Cornwall has (among a long list) a Tor named Brown Willy. Further north is the delightfully scatological Shitlington Crag. Yorkshire has a few that come to mind; Bugthorpe, Blubberhouses, Swine and Ugglebarnby. But if you want silly, well that's in Belgium.

The list is quite a long one. There's another thread here about this very phenomenon, started some while ago by my good self as it happens.

Strangest place names you have known

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
There are certain American place names that I find appealing, they're just fun to say, to my English ears they're quaint and unusual, Poughkeepsie, Adirondacks, Spokane, they're just names you wouldn't find in the UK. Do some of the places in the UK sound as funny yet cute to Americans. I can't really see Bognor Regis having the same appeal.
If you liked Pouhkeepsie, you'd absolutely adore Poughquag and of course Peekskill (always seemed like a bad sex word- Peeks- kill). Jim Thorpe Pennsylvania and King of Prussia Pennsylvania not to mention the confusing Indiana Pennsylvania.

Damian Johnson

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There's a book called Rude Britain about the most dirty rude place names in our country. Proper places - not made up names - my favourite are and I kid you not -

Cock Village
Asshouse Lane
Titty Ho
Willy Lane
Balls Cross
Pratts Bottom
Fanny Avenue

Imagine putting some of these on your letters for your home address!!!:biggrin1:

Hellboy, Monster, Savage - dont bother packing your bags for Cock Village - its in the middle of the country, small and theres no cock action there! Its just the name

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you liked Pouhkeepsie, you'd absolutely adore Poughquag and of course Peekskill (always seemed like a bad sex word- Peeks- kill). Jim Thorpe Pennsylvania and King of Prussia Pennsylvania not to mention the confusing Indiana Pennsylvania.

There is also a Jersey Shore, Pennsylvania which is about a 5 hour drive from the Atlantic Ocean! :eek:

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The list is quite a long one. There's another thread here about this very phenomenon, started some while ago by my good self as it happens.

Strangest place names you have known

Thank you. I remembered that but didn't want to go hunting for it. (I couldn't remember who started it)

Third thread merge, coming up!