Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I wrote in another post about this and decided to ask the question to everyone out their. Hope this is the place to put this.

I have discovered edging through the great knowledge that only LPSG can offer. What I have found through this practice is the amount of stress relief this gives me. Yes sex also and not to discount it's amazing value, but it takes two to have sex.

Anyway, what I have found is that stress wanking is different because I can jerk in anger, hate, sadness, and all other emotions in between. But in the end I'm relieved, my thoughts are clear and life goes on. At a minimum a half hour, I have gone past an hour and it is nirvana.

Sex is different in this regard as I see sex as a time to be sensual, erotic but enjoyable with mutual giving and taking.

So has any one else engage in "stress wanking"? And what has been your benefit.

pillowchatter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
If I know that the day ahead is going to be stressful then a good wank in the morning certainly helps relieve the stress for that day. If you are stressed from the day then before going to bed have a good wank it helps ensure a good night's sleep.

DeepDish

Experimental Member
Media
I find edging to be a real stress reliever too. Have also figured out that, at least for me, it is more relaxing if I don't go all the way to orgasm every time. I feel relaxed and energized.

Frnkd213

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I find edging to be a real stress reliever too. Have also figured out that, at least for me, it is more relaxing if I don't go all the way to orgasm every time. I feel relaxed and energized.

I surmise that with edging there is a sense of control that one takes back that was lost in whatever caused the stress. That stress comes from feeling out of control or less in control to the point of being overwhelmed enough to use coping skills that for some have been destructive.

With edging I get to control my bodies natural response and reaction to sexual stimulation. This I feel is why I can get satisfaction with masturbating , aside for the fact that it feels great. I have done the I feel good 2-3 minute jerk off but again I do it for a different reason, the physical by-product is the same.

DeepDish

Experimental Member
Media
I think you are on to something regarding the sense of control. I also think that edging probably really stimulates endorphin production. If I can keep myself on the edge for a while, I get this really blissful feeling. YMMV.

yhtang

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
the benefit is the relieving of stress. some people drink, do drugs. i don't think wanking is as harmful as those.

I agree - so long it is done discretely and in private, it helps keep one's sanity. I have been doing that for years.

I23

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't think I use wanking to cope with stress as it were, but it often happens at similar times. If everything is getting a bit too much and a bit too loud and frantic, I am likely to try and have some me time, alone in a quiet place, even if just for an hour or two, calms me down no end. And, if I'm on my own in a private place like that, wanking may well follow...

And I will say that a good old wank and a hot shower isn't bad for refreshing yourself and drawing a line under how you felt before. I certainly wank when I'm having trouble falling asleep - having come, it seems to act as some sort of muscle and mental relaxant for me.

mhc26

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Are you calling edging the same thing as stress wanking? I'm not clear on that.

I have a healthy sexual life but sometimes I just need a good jerkoff. Sometimes I'm super horny and can't have sex. Sometimes I've had sex but need more relief. Sometimes I just feel like chatting, checking out 'ography, and having a good long stroke.

As for stress...if I have a good hot long stroke...heck yes I feel better. Sometimes I'll jerk for an hour or two, have a massive spurt, feel incredible, then take a nice long nap. Those are fun days!

I don't think I jerk it more or less when I'm stressed or not stressed, just depends on the time I have, the mood I'm in, etc.

Over-reaching

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think I've ever thought of it as "stress wanking" and nor do I do it specifically to relieve stress as such — but there's no doubt that it can be a great reliever of stress 'tis true.

Al7inchs_n_thick86

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
me time can really be a time to rejuvenate and energize the soul, senses and mind.
Have also figured out that, at least for me, it is more relaxing if I don't go all the way to orgasm every time. I feel relaxed and energized.

Yea buddy same here. I like having a few orgasmic peaks (always stopping short of ejaculation) and do testical massage before enjoying the afterglow!

edging probably really stimulates endorphin production.
I think this is partially why the testicular massage is recommended after, to help distribute all the goodies into the bloodstream?

I've also heard it recommended every 30 minutes of sustained erection, to allow the penis to drain the hormone rich blood into the body (by going limp) before building up to a fresh erection.

Blessings.

Last edited: