Strong minded women turn me on.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Anyone else get really horny when the ladies are forthright and intelligent.

It gives me the horn so.

Do you think I have a little sub side coming through or is it just admiration for a peer.

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

It gives me the horn so.

You'd like my wife then LP :rolleyes: Several years before I met her (back in the '80s) I read articles she wrote for UK Penthouse, Forum, Fiesta, etc. I remember thinking that I'd like to meet a woman who had so much intelligent stuff to say about sex. When our paths crossed (I had become a photographer, and the editor of Forum introduced us) I was somewhat awe struck, to say the least. We ended up working on some projects together and got along like a house on fire. The rest is history.

Lordpendragon said:
Do you think I have a little sub side coming through or is it just admiration for a peer.

Well, yes, perhaps. I have a little sub side too, but I'm also an intelligent chap who speaks his mind (often when I shouldn't :redface: ) so the admiration for a peer is the main factor.

I have never wanted a relationship of any sort with any woman I found dull. I can start to get the hots for an attractive, zany, scatty, charismatic woman, but if she's slow on the uptake and small minded (ie. handbags more important than philosophy, or astrology more important than astronomy) I lose interest immediately.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"Strong-minded" could mean a lot of things, not all of them good.

Mulishly stubborn?

Pig-headed?

Destructively egocentric?

Perpetually argumentative, confrontational, antagonistic?

None of these are very exciting.

But there's no downside to genuinely "intelligent." Feminine brains are my favorite body part.

Lordpendragon

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
"Strong-minded" could mean a lot of things, not all of them good.

Mulishly stubborn?

Pig-headed?

Destructively egocentric?

Perpetually argumentative, confrontational, antagonistic?

Funny how these definitions trip off your tongue Big D. :biggrin1:

But there's no downside to genuinely "intelligent." Feminine brains are my favorite body part.

I think we agree on something - though it has put me in a bit of quandary.

LeeEJ

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a big, big crush on the manager of a deli/dry cleaners down the block (in fact, I'll be heading there in a minute to get breakfast). Not only is she very nice to look at, but she's friendly, sociable, and she's driven & smart enough to run the place, even if it is her father's. She's a sweetie.

I think that, for me, intelligent, independent women are a turnon because I don't have to worry about them. I can care for them, but I don't have to wonder if they can handle themselves, or if they're going to cling to me unnecessarily (problematic when I travel for work), or if they'll burn down the house or run up the bills. I also know that I can converse easily with them and not have to explain mundane things.

Plus, I think that smart women are a little kinkier... ;)

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The other great thing about strong minded women is you know that they're walking into any sexual situation without being coerced. Knowing that someone has a true passion for kinky behaviour as opposed to just being weak willed is a major aphrodisiac.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
LPD, it isn't just you, and it isn't just the straight guys. I have a sneaking suspicion that men who don't like strong[minded] women are insecure.

I love women, but not sexually. Women with intelligence, strength, and independence turn me on; shallow, vapid, dither-heads turn me off.

Hmm... I guess that works for me with men or women. I enjoy the company of people who can discuss something of depth, and who are interested in me for more than whether or not I'm wearing Prada shoes.

Riven650

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The other great thing about strong minded women is you know that they're walking into any sexual situation without being coerced. Knowing that someone has a true passion for kinky behaviour as opposed to just being weak willed is a major aphrodisiac.

Just because she's bright and dynamic doesn't mean she won't try things just to please you. My wife is as bright as they come but I've still had to look her in the eye a few times and ask "you're not really into this are you?" and she's sheepishly shaken her head. Then I'm saying: "Why didn't you say something?" I suppose I'm trying to say that it is easy to ride roughshod over even the most intelligent, strong minded, individual. If someone loves you they are always willing to make a big effort. I guess thats what love is.

Pirate Wench

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A few people have told me I'm opinionated....but it didn't bother me.

But when my MIL told me I was opinionated in a slightly snarky way....I said "Would you prefer I was like a feather in the wind ?"
:smile: That stopped it.

My mom told me years ago "You always were a survivor...."
I didn't know quite what she was talking about but I took it as a compliment.

And saw a funny pic in email recently.
A filthy van with this message finger written in the dirt on the liftgate in back:
"If only my wife was this dirty." :wink: :smile:

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media

Yup. And this is a good place to find women like that.

Ooops - did I just out myself as a perv?

I don't know you well enough to answer that, I can only speak for myself. :wink:

There are a lot of women here who I admire. And I know I have a sub side, even if my sexual sides often seem scrambled like a rubik's cube. :tongue:

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

So, you have a thing for passionately pervy women? If nothing else, you have to love the alliteration. :biggrin1:

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Just because she's bright and dynamic doesn't mean she won't try things just to please you. My wife is as bright as they come but I've still had to look her in the eye a few times and ask "you're not really into this are you?" and she's sheepishly shaken her head. Then I'm saying: "Why didn't you say something?" I suppose I'm trying to say that it is easy to ride roughshod over even the most intelligent, strong minded, individual. If someone loves you they are always willing to make a big effort. I guess thats what love is.

I guess the relationship I have with my wife differs vastly from yours, Riven. If I was "riding roughshod" over somebody I loved, I would be a heck of a lot more careful the next time I entered a situation where we were getting experimental in bed. Also, I know my wife well enough that the chances of me not picking up on the fact that she doesn't feel at ease during sex are slim. My wife and I love each other and make efforts to please each other, but within the boundaries of our own personal beliefs and sense of morality. When my wife occasionally puts a halt to something she's not comfortable with, I don't look at it as a lack of love. I would be more inclined to celebrate our differences, and get turned on by the fact that the things that we ARE doing are 100% positive for her.

I'm not disagreeing with anything you're saying, Riven. I am just saying that all couples enjoy a different sexual dynamic.