Strongest beer fuss about nothing

StrictlyAvg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Strongest beer in UK starts furore among alcohol concern groups

This really wound me up for some reason. Yeah it's strong but it's premium priced, a limited edition run and (knowing Brewdog's other products) likely not to appeal to "get wrecked quick" types because it'll be bursting with flavours.

Yet nanny state alcohol watch groups have jumped on it as irresponsible.

FFS it's £10 a 330ml bottle - two bottles would be the rough equivalent (alcohol) of a bottle of wine. Which, when you can get a drinkable bottle of wine for anything upwards of £3 in a supermarket what's the big deal? I know plenty of people who'll drink a bottle of wine at a sitting and though it's not the healthiest thing to do they're still not alcoholics.

Fuckin nanny state namby pamby twats are just getting their knickers in a knot about nothing.

The liver destructors are going to continue to buy cheap cider at £2 for 2 litres, or bottles of vodka for a fiver and find themselves in the emergency room. And this lot are jumping down the throat of a small craft brewer selling a premium product to a few people who would be minded to buy it.

Target the real problem people. It ain't this stuff.

Viking_UK

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I'm with you on that. The trouble is that people look at the alcohol content, not the price. You can guarantee that some will buy it so they can say they've tried it, but I doubt if you'll see too many empties lying around outside your local corner shop on a Saturday morning.

I must admit I'd rather have a drink that actually tastes of beer rather than what pours out of most bar pumps these days.

Most of the "beer drinkers" and lagerboys wouldn't appreciate the complex flavours in some of the more exclusive brews and so they won't go near them, especially when they can pick up some cheap, high-alcohol lagers in their local supermarket.

It came as a surprise to find that my local Tesco carries some of BrewDog's beers, unfortunately, not this one, so I'll have to order it off their website.

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
ill admit i saw the alcohol content of this and though hmmm i wouldnt mind trying that. chances are i wont like it, but i do like to pride myself on my willingness to spend a decent amount of money finding new beers to like whereas most my age would rather down several cheap nasty ciders. ill look out for this drink but i wont go out my way for it. and like you said i really cant see many kids going looking for this to get leathered quick. punish the shopkeepers and the kids rather than the brewers