Status
Not open for further replies.

D_Herin_Ghan

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
big dirigible said:
We've seen it before. The last time, a bunch of the loudest to embark on their personal hegiras immediately reappeared - as moderators. So in a very real sense, the current crisis is merely a perpetuation of the previous one.

That was a completely different set of circumstances. No possible comparison can be made from the fake death of a "valued member" to the recent events which have just passed. I honestly don't know why I stay here, the forum no longer serves for support as much as it has turned into a hookup site, something that is apalling in my mind. Maybe it's because of the now dwindling number of insightful and incisive posters here, maybe it's because I'm holding on to a past that really is no longer there.

If you are going to call this place a support group, then by all tokens hookups should be removed. Unless you want to be called the large penis hookup and support group.

You cannot tell me that Spladle's postings have been any worse than some of the tripe which has been posted here, especially by those whith cuckholding fetishes, large penis humilitation fetishes, INCEST fetishes or anything to that degree. Let's not forget, we had underage people here at one time as well. I still think this was a case of mods playing favorites between massivepkgo_chuck and Spladle. You guys have yet to give us reason to believe otherwise.

Stronzo is very cut throat when it comes to his views, he got into it with pichulon, but just because two posters have a feud, doesn't mean you ban them. Have them verbally rip each other apart via PM or something to that effect.

I'm just a single poster here, but if Rob wants to run this organization as he sees fit, he should talk to his members (all of em) before the next TOS are posted. At least that's just my opinion.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Lex said:
We do not have your names and home addresses. Nor do we want them.

He's referring to a post I made. We found a name and home address after a considerable amount of research, aided by some fortuitous leads. We don't have the time nor the motivation to do this for everyone.

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Lex said:
We do not have your names and home addresses. Nor do we want them.

Think back: Did you submit your name and home address when you registered here?

Let's try not to be histrionic, okay?
Thanking you Never so much for the PARTIAL response and as for histrionics I am more than entitled to them considering some of the abuse that has been tossed my way with regard to politics, circumcision and anything else that does not fall into lock step thinking of the masses. All that aside, after searching a while I found this lovely little ditty from Mindseye_moderator who posted it today (August 05, 2006 at 01:16 P.M. in the thread topic title of On Transparency:

"Rob took over LPSG in December 2005, and appointed his first set of moderators on February 25, 2006. The faked death of DoubleMeatWhopper took place just two weeks earlier, and that story had been unravelling in the meantime.

As moderators, we had access to information, such as IP logs, that made the 'unravelling' process much easier. Within a few days, we knew what was going on, down to DMW's real-life name, address, and phone number. We even had a recent photograph of him that we found on an unrelated website. One of the first tasks we had as a moderating team was to decide how much, if any, of this information to share. "

Now, you can sugar coat it all you want Lex; but there is a definite problem here if we are being told that someone has been tracked down just because of IP logs and the such. And for the record, it is known just from watching basic news programs and reading newspapers that home addresses can indeed be traced through many Internet provider numbers so stop acting so shocked and dumbfounded and admit it. Yes this one was related to DMW, and he may perhaps have directly given some info to someone but the fact is Mindseye himself is telling us that through having the IP logs it became possible to track down who DMW really was (iffins he really was at all)

Now back to the other question which you neglected to answer for me from what I placed in front of you from Novice_btm.: How would a banned person be able to notify someone if they have been banned. Even if you wish top deny having any way of ever finding our addresses or phone numbers (although you are bright enough not to encompass area of the world in your wide netted statement) it is known that you have IP logs which provide numbers, numbers which you use to determine if a person has more than one account so if a person is banned there is no way they can get back on and notify or even ask "WHY". Or are you under the impression that we are all sitting around each evening jabbering away on the telephone with members of this place? It may surprise you to know that I do not have anyones phone number and have never spoken directly with a person or exchanged direct e-mails with any member of this board. PMs yes, but that has been the extent of my interpersonal communications.

ManiacalMadMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
mindseye said:
He's referring to a post I made. We found a name and home address after a considerable amount of research, aided by some fortuitous leads. We don't have the time nor the motivation to do this for everyone.

So you're saying I'm not worth it? I always knew my lack of motivational skills would come back to haunt me.

novice_btm

Superior Member
Gold
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
big dirigible said:
We've seen it before. The last time, a bunch of the loudest to embark on their personal hegiras immediately reappeared - as moderators.
Huh! So a board moderated by Spladle, Alex8, Stronzo, Sorceror, and Robert Fish... Hmm, now THAT could be interesting!

T

that_other_guy

novice_btm said:
Huh! So a board moderated by Spladle, Alex8, Stronzo, Sorceror, and Robert Fish... Hmm, now THAT could be interesting!

I'd sign up :rolleyes: ... and I was about to write a emotionally fueled response to this whole event but, realized that I had so many mixed feelings on it that I couldn't ... i just wish the aforementioned names will return when they want to ... cause I miss 'em :frown1:

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Don't get your panties in a knot about personal information. In one case it was easy to find personal information about a member because Googling his username gave a link to his professional business site. In the case of the faked death episode, the guilty party had a PM/Email/telephone history with a couple of the LPSG members. It was through investigating this history that LPSG discovered the subterfuge.

The more you guys argue about this state of affairs the more paranoid you are becoming and half-truths are becoming amplified.

The mod team are not bogeymen. We love LPSG or we wouldn't be here.

The last I will say about this discussion is that the board was being hijacked by nastiness, intolerence and just plain disruptive behavior. The moderators discussed the direction that this behavior was taking LPSG and finally decided that a 3-day cooling off period was called for.

Now lets get back to the fun. Remember how?

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
alex8 said:
However, this is absolutely my final post.

So sue me. :rolleyes: Apparently this 'final post' business is less of a precise science than I initially hoped.

Pecker said:
The board was being hijacked by nastiness, intolerence and just plain disruptive behavior. The moderators discussed the direction that this behavior was taking LPSG and finally decided that a 3-day cooling off period was called for.

This is exactly the kind of short, transparent statement that would have answered all the questions members might have had. It is short, clear and informative, and instantly lets people know where things stand, without the need for any further questions to be asked. By contrast, heavy-handed decrees from "on-high" that a subject is not to be discussed, and that threads about it are herewith closed... serve only to fuel a culture of uncertainty and obfuscation, and erect a "them and us" wall between regular members and the moderator team. For LPSG's sake, I hope this new culture of transparency will continue to be the order of the day.

D_Sheffield Thongbynder

Experimental Member
Media
alex8 said:
So sue me. :rolleyes: Apparently this 'final post' business is less of a precise science than I initially hoped.

This is exactly the kind of short, transparent statement that would have answered all the questions members might have had. It is short, clear and informative, and instantly lets people know where things stand, without the need for any further questions to be asked. By contrast, heavy-handed decrees from "on-high" that a subject is not to be discussed, and that threads about it are herewith closed... serve only to fuel a culture of uncertainty and obfuscation, and erect a "them and us" wall between regular members and the moderator team. For LPSG's sake, I hope this new culture of transparency will continue to be the order of the day.

What would it take to get you to reconsider and return to the fold?

T

that_other_guy

senor rubirosa said:
Does this mean you're back, kiddo?

one could only hope so ... :smile:

alex8 said:
... serve only to fuel a culture of uncertainty and obfuscation, and erect a "them and us" wall between regular members and the moderator team.

thank god my sleezy, one track mind made it through this :biggrin1:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
AboutAverage said:
Hahaha... wait... you are joking right?

Nope. What part of that do you want confirmation of?
(Hoping you can forgive the final preposition on that sentence ... it may be okay as is, but without Heinz's counsel, who will ever know?
Grammar, dick pics, he was useful, you know? Very useful.)

Status
Not open for further replies.