Stronzo was banned?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

that_other_guy

COLJohn said:
Alex8 is fallible, though: He still hasn't found pix of Ann Coulter's cock, and I hear it's huge.

i still wanna see the pics of her topping bill oreilly with a strap-on ... but thats for another post :rolleyes: *vomits*

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
senor rubirosa said:
Nope. What part of that do you want confirmation of?
(Hoping you can forgive the final preposition on that sentence ... it may be okay as is, but without Heinz's counsel, who will ever know?
Grammar, dick pics, he was useful, you know? Very useful.)

Of what part of that do you want confirmation? :wink:

jakeatolla

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Every body sing : Koom bye ahh my lord, Koom bye ahh............

Me thinks its time for a group hug. ( Grope at will.):biggrin1:

T

that_other_guy

jakeatolla said:
( Grope at will.):biggrin1:

Did something give you the impression that it ever stopped ? :wink:

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
LINittanyLion said:
That was a completely different set of circumstances. No possible comparison can be made from the fake death of a "valued member" to the recent events which have just passed.
Au contraire, obviously a comparison can be made. I've just made it. You may be trying to make a different comparison which may not be as topical as mine.

I'll elaborate. Back then, several prolific posters made total asses of themselves by shitting all over the one guy who realized that DMW was a fraud, and had tracked down some actual evidence. Said prolific posters then announced that lpsg wasn't the group it had been back when blah blah blah, and that they were leaving. But they took their sweet time about it. We were subjected to these strange little essays, one after another, about how it really really really wasn't the group it had been back when blah blah blah. Ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

Rob then came up with his satanic plan to turn the asylum over to the inmates by instituting a moderator system (provision for which all forum software has), and several of these posters who had, or hadn't quite, left, reappeared as moderators. Even at the time, it was obvious that this was an unwise move. Recall my recount of general asinine behavior, above. An immoderate person is unlikely to be a successful moderator .... as has been subsequently demonstrated.

That's all background. Now we get to the comparison which, supposedly, can't possibly be made. The actual crises are trivial. I didn't give a rat's patoot whether DMW was a fake persona or not, nor do I find myself overly excited that a conceited and closed-minded bigot has been given the heave-ho, or that a bipolar case has been put on ice until he gets his meds sorted out. Some may get excited, but the matters are trivial nonetheless.

But we see that once again, a crisis is an excuse for one or more flounce-offs. Prolific posters are announcing that lpsg isn't the group it had been back when blah blah blah, and that they are leaving. But they're taking their sweet time about it. We will be subjected to strange little essays, one after another, about how it really really really isn't the group it was back when blah blah blah.

And there is the obvious comparison. The circumstances and effects, mutatis mutandis, are functionally identical.

StMonkey

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
~I know this really isnt following up anything, or in any order for anything, but i wanna say that this post-thread is exactly why I love LPSG. It started out with a question, and yes, maybe did spiral out of control, but even without a lot of the "old guys" and even with the maybe extreme reactions(and good points) on both sides, it started to relax for the most part. People stopped just yelling and listened and cooled down...thank God for the dynamic characters here or some of our previous posters would be right...this place would suck. Thank you.~

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I mean banning someone means nothing Look at the threads and see all the people who were banned and still posting Its an adult site and it seems that 8 year olds are running it I for one will miss my buddy Alex !!!!

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
uncut said:
I mean banning someone means nothing Look at the threads and see all the people who were banned and still posting

I (still) don't understand what you mean. Would you care to elaborate?

uncut said:
Its an adult site and it seems that 8 year olds are running it

Actually, only one person runs this site and I've yet to see his behavior mirror that of an eight-year-olds. If you are referring to the moderators, then, yet again, you've come across as unclear. Where have they demonstrated any child-like behavior? Also, as I'm sure you are very much aware, a somewhat heated debate is transpiring, and if that's what you're referring to as childish, that makes me raise an eyebrow.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
All i can tell you is what i have said two times I think the people were banned because of their opions Now if a person makes threats or makes fun of someones race or sex they should be banned But then once more Banning means nothing Also liberals are always quick to curb freedom of speech

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I agree GoneA whilst many of us may be unhappy at the events that have unfolded the behaviours witnessed are not childish. There are lots of examples of emotions running high but that is to be expected under the circumstances.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
uncut said:
All i can tell you is what i have said two times I think the people were banned because of their opions Now if a person makes threats or makes fun of someones race or sex they should be banned But then once more Banning means nothing Also liberals are always quick to curb freedom of speech
We are? I'm pretty liberal. Where have I ever jumped to curb anyone's free speech? I think if you have read any of my posts, I'm the one who has taken heat over defending free speech for other members, even with unpopular views. *You conservatives are all alike.

*Only added as ironic hyperbole.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Like I told someone just recently, I 'll be the last one to stop anyone from exercising their 1st amendment right. On the other hand tho, I'll be one of the 1st ones to make it known when that person abuses the right.

You know, freedom of speech is a wonderful thing as guaranteed under the constitution, but not when and/or if it's unjustifed. And for all practical tents and purposes, these last couple of days have been living, breathing proof of just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.