Struggling artists

Media
I have a question out there for anyone reading this. I am curious to know are there any people here at LPSG that are trying to break out into success in careers like acting, singing, writing, or modeling? I am just curious thats all (because it's a real bitch trying to do this lol)

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If someone has talent I believe someone will recognise it, unfortunately there are a lot of people around who belive they're great singers/beauties/writers simply because the people they've asked are friends or families and they're unable to say 'don't give up the day job.' Even if someone doesn't have a great deal of talent they often find they can make a career in these fields as demonstrated in X Factor, American Idol. Jade Goodie's carved a reasonable career out in tv simply by being on Big Brother and she's probably the most talentless creature ever to walk the face of the earth.

WildHoney

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
None of the above. I am however an "artist" :)

I paint and draw, but my actual job ( self business) is a mosaic artist. I make mosaic art for new homes entrance ways and pools. I also do canvas art on commision.....I make as much money as I want ( however much I want to work, there is the work for me to do it) ....so in my "art" it is a viable profession.

BTW I was offfered a job two weeks ago for a mens magazine writting feature articles ( sexual nature) .....should be interesting.

I would imagine in USA in particular acting modelling etc would be a hard industry to be involved in due to the huge competition....good luck in your career.

xx

Honey

B_Hickboy

Sexy Member
Media
I'm and artist, writer, and musician with a day job. I make enough money to create. If nobody buys it, well, that's just fine. I do it for me, anyway. Those who do buy my art are crazy peoplel like me, anyway. Those who pay me to make music are even crazier.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I have a question out there for anyone reading this. I am curious to know are there any people here at LPSG that are trying to break out into success in careers like acting, singing, writing, or modeling? I am just curious thats all (because it's a real bitch trying to do this lol)

I work in the financial field but I am also a writer and composer. Unfortunately, like you said, it is a real bitch getting your foot in the door. If it's acting or singing, go on as many auditions as you possibly can, and then some. I was contacted by three record companies because I won in a song writing contest, I never signed with any of them because I was 20 at the time, very naive, and afraid of losing control. I'm writing a syphony now, and I am also writing a novel which requires a lot of research because my historical facts have to be 100% accurate as the book is very detailed. I used to model as a child and then in my 20's occasionally, but those jobs just kind of fell into my lap. There are some really talented musicians, singers and actors in my family who have made it their career and so the only advice to you would be just keep at it. Determination and talent will get you the job...don't get discouraged, please...there's a lot of politics out there that stand in the way.