Study Says "Bottoms have small cocks".. True or False?

sex_pirate

Just Browsing
Media
And then there's this...

The size of male organ is found to have an inverse U-shaped relationship with the level of GDP in 1985. It can alone explain over 15% of the variation in
GDP. The GDP maximizing size is around 13.5 centimetres, and a collapse in economic development is identified as the size of male organ exceeds 16 centimetres

http://thinkprogress.org/yglesias/2011/07/15/270254/fun-with-datasets/https://helda.helsinki.fi/bitstream/handle/10138/27239/HECER-DP335.pdf?sequence=1

Ururu18

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't know but I know that though but to be honest though I'm not gay I'd have to fuck a guy with a big penis. It's a psychological thing. So if I were to ever fuck a guy it'd prove the study wrong.

zaliem

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
On a related note - how about what's more important here - if we like the guy and he clicks with me and the wife, it doesn't matter if he's top/bottom or small/avg/large/omg.

D_Phil_Doneafew

Account Disabled
Media
I do not agree with this study at all. I am nearly an inch larger than my partner. And for the "all tops are bigger" crap I can tell you that at my gym there are four total tops who are much smaller than I am. One told me that he liked fucking guys bigger than him because seeing a big dick flopping around while he was fucking got him off.

Last edited:
Reactions: keenobserver

Ewan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
In my experience there's no such correlation.

marknyc

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
survey not true... but true for this little dicked bottom... love to get fucked and all bottom...proud of it and glad my body is in sync with my sexual role... 5x4 dick here..love to take huge cocks.

Reactions: keenobserver

ShannonH

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
Here's a link to the actual study:
The Association between Penis Size and Sexual Health among Men Who Have Sex with Men

I read through it, and the interesting thing (especially when you consider the media backlash) is that there was no measuring done. People read this and assume the study methodology was:
- Ask if a guy's a top or bottom
- Measure his dick

When really it was:
- Ask a guy if he's a top or bottom
- Ask him if he thinks his dick is small, average, or big

HUGE difference there. It's more of a psychological study, and the major thing it links is that men who believe their dicks are big are more confident about other areas of their body, e.g. think they have a better looking face. I think if this study suggests anything it's that there's some correlation between confident men identifying as 'tops'.

It's an interesting study because it shows how much we tend to link our self-worth to our dick size, when it's usually the other way around: if you have confidence, you believe you have an awesome dick.

Just look at this message board, there are so many posts from SPHers that go like "I'm pretty small, only 6 inches", and then other guys who posts "I'm bigger than most, 6.5 inches". Those two guys could each have 6.25" dicks, and one just rounds up and the other down. Two identical men with completely different beliefs about their penis size.

Edit: Since above all, I'd say most agree confidence is universally considered one of the most attractive qualities and best qualities in a lover, a fun successory-type quote for this study's conclusion: "Whether you think you have an awesome dick, or that you don't, you are usually right" - Henry Ford (almost)

Last edited:

mallak

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well I'd rather be with a hung top who has low self-esteem instead of a confident deluded top with a small dick lol.

Reactions: marknyc

Infernal

Superior Member
Media
Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I think there are far too many variables involved for any study to make such a blanket statement. I think people just like what they like regardless of the equipment they possess. I've met both tops and bottoms with dicks that were freaking huge, very small, and everything in between. One doesn't make the other.

ben_big_willy

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I have a big dick and I am 95% a bottom. I have also met several other big-dicked bottoms. I think it stems more from a psychological desire to get fucked and for the sheer pleasure of the act for me--i.e. it has nothing to do with my dick size.