Study Says "Bottoms have small cocks".. True or False?

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The guys I know that are bottoms are in fact extremely large. I mean extremely large men... and half of them have massive nuts too. So can't agree

dylz

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
the reason to disagree with this study (or any study) is that its done poorly, not because you know a few counterexamples to the trend that theyve noticed in samples like a bazillion times larger than what youve encountered.

shannonh's criticism: valid
all the "i know some small finite number of bottoms with huge dicks, clearly this whole study is stupid and they just pulled it out of their ass with 'flawed logic' and it is a 'theory' only" criticisms: not valid

ShannonH

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
the reason to disagree with this study (or any study) is that its done poorly, not because you know a few counterexamples to the trend that theyve noticed in samples like a bazillion times larger than what youve encountered.

shannonh's criticism: valid
all the "i know some small finite number of bottoms with huge dicks, clearly this whole study is stupid and they just pulled it out of their ass with 'flawed logic' and it is a 'theory' only" criticisms: not valid

Thanks Dylz - I realize that as one of the few (only?) straight guys to post on the thread maybe I don't carry as much weight, but obviously one of the main reasons anyone is on this board is because of their interest in sexuality. Natural variation is fascinating, as is the psychology behind a lot of things. The disparity between what people believe to be true and what exists in reality is no more pronounced than it is in sexual matters. This is even more reason to be open minded and always willing to challenge what you believe to be true.

This Mondaini et al study "Penile length is normal in most men seeking penile lengthening procedures"
Penile length is normal in most men seeking penile lengthening procedures
really implies something interesting when you read the study of this thread. This study used only guys who came in on their own volition to discuss getting penile lengthening surgery - which itself has an extraordinarily low satisfaction rate, is extremely dangerous, and in a significant number of cases actually shrinks erect length. So these guys are the really desperate ones who think they have tiny penises. In their sample set, the guys were overall a little smaller than average, but not by much. In fact, 40% of them were in the 50th percentile or above. My hunch is that if you took only guys who thought they were a little small (not ones willing to go under the knife) you'd barely notice any difference in the distribution between them and the general population. ie except for in extreme cases, perception of dick size is almost completely mental.

I think the very title of this thread is wrong. Couple the strong psychological link to penis size perception with the OP study, and this thread ought to be called 'study says: self-identified bottoms have different personality traits than tops'.

wis

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
My partners are always bigger than me, it would be odd if I was bigger than them. I like them big because it's exciting and it feels better. If I would meet a guy with a 12x8 real hard cock, then I would marry the bastard.....lol

B_bottom3inch

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i was trashed at a friends party and so i went upstairs to lay down well the next thing i know theres this black guy telling me to lay on my back and spread my legs so i did next thing i know he has his finger in my ass and is massaging my anus and lubing my asshole up well next thing i know the whole party is up in the room including people i know some people started cheering fuck em next thing i know i have this huge black cock fucking me infront of 40 or more people he fucked me for a while probably 30-45 minutes with all these people including a girl i liked and friends ive known for years my sister and her boyfriend saw it also. i must have finally past out. the next day friends are showing me pictures of me getting fucked and some people video recorded it on camera i was so embarrassed because no one knew i was bi hell i didnt even really know it. it took me awhile to hang around those friends again and come to find out later i found out one of my friends found out i was bi courios and told the black guy at the party that was gay that i was a bi bottom and wanted him to fuck me well he did just that. theres a picture of me getting fucked by him in MY PHOTOS you cant miss it. feel free to tell me what you think. i was more embarrassed because i could here people saying comments about how small my penis was. and some people were laughing. im only about 3 3/8 hard and when soft my penis can suck in my crotch which because i was drunk i was very soft when i was getting fucked. i was more embarassed about people seeing my cock then people seeing me take dick.

Kaden27

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
i don't think this has been correctly termed.
i have a 6.5 inch cock which i don't think is small, but average sized. however i do believe that bottoms would have SMALLER cocks compared to the tops that they would want. (i.e. i would prefer a top that is bigger than me, at least 7 or more - and this would be slightly bigger than average)

mallak

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Well of course people are not going to come on here and say"the study was completely right, I agree with everything it says". LOL.

gr8full

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
My regular fuck buddy (who bottoms for me) is as hung as I am. Most bottoms I've been with have had cocks smaller than mine, so maybe this guy is an exception.