Stupid Customer Service Reps piss me off.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I get a letter saying I will be getting a CHASE Platinum Amazon.com Visa that I applied for online. The card said my old Chase Toys-R-Us Platinum Visa would be closed (that I have not used for a year or two) and this new account will take it's place. I wanted Platinum because it extends the warranty and has the insurance waver for rental cars.

I get the card and it is a regular Visa. I call up and get an American sounding girl. She said that Visa does not offer Platinum cards that only MasterCard does. She said that Visa offers something called "Signature" card instead.

While she is checking something I look in my wallet and my 2 Mastercards are Platinum. Then I look at my other too cards that I have put away. they are both Visa, one is Platinum and one is Platinum Plus.

I said she is either lying or mistaken, and she said neither.

Then she said that this Amazon card doesn't come in Platinum, But what she had said before to me is that Visa itself only has Signature cards as a higher level card.

Anyway the only reason I got this card was because I wanted an instant $30 off on line on an item. So I just will never use it.

It pisses me off when they are wrong and give the wrong information out, it must happen everday, all the time.

smally

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
that's interesting..i have an amazon card too, i saved 30 on first purch. i do get rewards points for charging.

you're right, it's not platinum... perhaps amazon doesn't want to double warranties on their stuff. maybe i can get it converted to a platinum..or call visa.. maybe other levels get the protection also.

you do gotta love it when the clerks are wrong and unyielding.. you should have got her manager.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I get a letter saying I will be getting a CHASE Platinum Amazon.com Visa that I applied for online. The card said my old Chase Toys-R-Us Platinum Visa would be closed (that I have not used for a year or two) and this new account will take it's place. I wanted Platinum because it extends the warranty and has the insurance waver for rental cars.

I get the card and it is a regular Visa. I call up and get an American sounding girl. She said that Visa does not offer Platinum cards that only MasterCard does. She said that Visa offers something called "Signature" card instead.

While she is checking something I look in my wallet and my 2 Mastercards are Platinum. Then I look at my other too cards that I have put away. they are both Visa, one is Platinum and one is Platinum Plus.

I said she is either lying or mistaken, and she said neither.

Then she said that this Amazon card doesn't come in Platinum, But what she had said before to me is that Visa itself only has Signature cards as a higher level card.

Anyway the only reason I got this card was because I wanted an instant $30 off on line on an item. So I just will never use it.

It pisses me off when they are wrong and give the wrong information out, it must happen everday, all the time.
Credit Cards in general are a big scam. Only use them if you have too.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Credit Cards in general are a big scam. Only use them if you have too.

I only use them for the convenience of not having to carry cash and for the warranty extension on some items. I aways pay the whole thing off at the end of the month and have not paid interest on a CC in many years.

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I only use them for the convenience of not having to carry cash and for the warranty extension on some items. I aways pay the whole thing off at the end of the month and have not paid interest on a CC in many years.
You have the right idea of paying them off right way. Many people dont. They run into trouble.

Yorkie

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I aways pay the whole thing off at the end of the month and have not paid interest on a CC in many years.
I do the same,I've never paid interest and I've been using cards regularly for years.People who get into trouble have only themselves to blame.

Edit : I forgot to mention I have a Visa Platinum card too.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay

Please hold for the next available service representative. Your call is important to us...but not so important that we'd stop outsourcing our customer service to the lowest bidder.

Exemplar of eloquence!

Please hold for the next available service representative. Your call is important to us...but not so important that we'd stop outsourcing our customer service to the lowest bidder.

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
That's odd. My Chase Amazon.com card is a Visa. Can't imagine why they would suddenly stop issuing Visas. Even giving the girl the benefit of doubt in misunderstanding you, she needed to be more polite.

He accused her of lying, I don't think she would be more polite at that point.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
He accused her of lying, I don't think she would be more polite at that point.

At least I didn't call her stupid. Who works for Chase bank and doesn't know that Visa does have Platinum cards.