Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Yeah I can completely understand the fuzziness. Hence my personal metric for stupid movies I love:

Halfbaked, You Got Served, Happy Gilmore, Black Sheep, 13 Going on 30, What Women Want, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, You've Got Mail, He's Just Not That Into You, Legally Blond, I Love You, Man, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Anchorman, Clueless, The Heat, Mean Girls, The Princess Diaries, The Devil Wears Prada, Romy and Michele's High School Reunion.

I considered Bridesmaids but I don't really think of it as 'stupid'. More just genuinely funny.

Reactions: creek47 and LaFemme

LaFemme

Mythical Member
Staff
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Yeah I can completely understand the fuzziness. Hence my personal metric for stupid movies I love:

Halfbaked, You Got Served, Happy Gilmore, Black Sheep, 13 Going on 30, What Women Want, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, You've Got Mail, He's Just Not That Into You, Legally Blond, I Love You, Man, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Anchorman, Clueless, The Heat, Mean Girls, The Princess Diaries, The Devil Wears Prada, Romy and Michele's High School Reunion.

I considered Bridesmaids but I don't really think of it as 'stupid'. More just genuinely funny.
Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion! Omg, that was so funny! And dumb, but I loved it!

johnnyunitas

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion! Omg, that was so funny! And dumb, but I loved it!

It gave me my favorite way to get out of a conversation: "Would you excuse me? I cut my foot before, and my shoe is filling up with blood." lol

Nexolaris

LPSG Legend
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

Damn, I thought I was doing good until now, but then "Clueless" and "The Devil Wears Prada" get mentioned. :(

Also enjoyed "La Tour Montparnasse infernale" but thankfully it's not well-known enough amongst posters in this thread. :D

NCbear

Superior Member
Media
Greensboro (North Carolina, United States)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Clue.

The opening scene with everyone trying to get dog shit off their shoes?

The overacting?

The telegram delivery?

The multiple endings?

All classic, and so bad they’re funny.

NCbear (who’s most amused by the “butler”’s shenanigans)

creek47

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Clue.

The opening scene with everyone trying to get dog shit off their shoes?

The overacting?

The telegram delivery?

The multiple endings?

All classic, and so bad they’re funny.

NCbear (who’s most amused by the “butler”’s shenanigans)
Plus the Maid’s chest was awesome!

Reactions: NCbear

johnnyunitas

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Damn, I thought I was doing good until now, but then "Clueless" and "The Devil Wears Prada" get mentioned. :(

Also enjoyed "La Tour Montparnasse infernale" but thankfully it's not well-known enough amongst posters in this thread. :D

They could just as well be considered 'not stupid' movies. They are engaging, humorous and fun to watch. It takes some definite talent film that is interesting from beginning to end; talent that you only see in spurts in, say, some iteration of The Avengers or Captain America or what have you.

Just my personal metric that is always open to change.

Reactions: Nexolaris