Stupid Queston: Frottage

Discussion in 'Sex With a Large Penis' started by B_JohnTheHorse, Oct 9, 2002.

1. B_JohnTheHorse

B_JohnTheHorse New Member

Thought I knew everything but I don't. So here is a stupid question: What is Frottage? I've never heard of it.

OK, go ahead let me have for being such a dummy!

???

2. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

It's the act of rubbing one's genitals against another person's body for sexual pleasure. Colloqualisms include "cockfighting," "swordfighting," and leaving "slick trails," but by no means insinuate that frottage is solely genital-to-genital contact.

3. Imported

Gold Member

4. Imported

Gold Member

HotRodRich69: hey dude don't feel bad...i didn't know either....but u were the one that had enough ballz 2 ask,lol laidher

5. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

No such thing as a stupid question.

I thought frottage was bad cheese.

Pecker

6. johnstone1985

johnstone1985 New Member

ME TOO! :D

lol

7. Imported

Gold Member

Savannah: LOL, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but "frottage" is a fancy word for a slapping tehnique....it is used often in faux painting (i.e. rag slapping referred to as frottage). And I will never think of the painting technique in quite the same way again.

;D

8. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Yes, there is a painting technique called frottage. I would define it as more of a 'pouncing' rather than a 'slapping' motion. Anyway, in painting it is properly pronounced like the French word that it is, whereas the sexual term is pronounced to rhyme with 'cottage'. The word, with both its senses' is a noun derived from the French verb frotter = 'to rub'.

9. Imported

Gold Member

ratlas: Yeah, I know of frottage as genital contact to any part of the victim's bod. And I beleive frottage is illegal.

Nevertheless, when I used to commute to work with the morning ruch hour crowd, I would especially enjoy the overpacked trains. One time I was standing behind a woman's nicely curved bum and we made contact. I wasn't looking to get aroused. As a matter of fact, I initially backed up a little. But then she backed a little and I quickly sported a full erection. She definitely noticed because she was leaning back on me a few times and continued to lean on me as the train started to empty. I really miss my morning commutes. Oh BTW, I never wear underwear.

10. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Frottage without consent is illegal. Concensual frottage is perfectly legal; it's a very common form of foreplay. Frottage is, more or less, stylised masturbation!

11. Imported

Gold Member

averageuk: An old topic (from Nov 8, 2002) but I felt like resurfacing it, because the site it links to, www.heroichomosex.com rings so true with me!

Before we start, I have not labelled myself, because, quite frankly, I can't.  I'm not gay, as in prefer men sexually and emotionally, and am not straight, as in preferring women.  Nor am I effemminate like so many guys who call themselves gay - I don't have that melodious lilt to my voice or wear clothes different from anyone else.  But guys bodies turn me on, as do womens, and when I think of myself when I'm old, I imagine being with my wife, children and grandchildren.  It's hard, personally, not being able to fit myself into one of the polar opposites society tries to impose, yet I know I am neither.  Bi is a strange term.  Where gay and straight are extremes, bi must surely encompass 100% of the population - that is, everyone in between.  I'm pretty sure there isn't a guy or a girl alive who hasn't fantasised about the same sex.

Anyway, back to frotting.  It really rang true with me.  The idea of anal sex disgusts me, to a point.  I might be comfortable with receiving anal sex, but the idea of putting my penis up someones butt really disgusts me, as does rimming, fisting - anything to do with anal, although I might not mind another guy getting his dick messed up inside me.  It's dirty and it repulses me.  But frotting seems so right in comparison.  Man-woman sex also seems so right to me, it's the way it's meant to be, two opposites, with corresponding bits, to enjoy and with a function.  But man-man sex, similar to woman-woman sex is, by it's definition (same sex), sex which demands equality from both parties.  ie: anal sex results in dominace, frotting doesn't.  What's more, there is the emotional connection of being able to fix gaze with the other person - so many advantages.  The author also mentions the reduced risk of HIV, but fails to state that other STDs may still be transmitted.  One part of the site I haven't come across, but I haven't read it all yet - it's extensive.

I'm a virgin in every sense of the word, other than kissing I haven't done anything sexual with anyone, man or woman, and I agree that frotting, or any such contact with anyone should be, and is right to be illegal when not between consenting individuals.  So basically all this is coming from my head.  But in my head, frotting, mutual masturbation, oral sex (although still some what dominant-inducing but not as dirty), they all seem right, anal sex seems wrong.

No doubt this is due to my upbringing, conditioning that anything to do with anal is dirty, and perhaps being turned on by guys is due to the lack of non-sexual male contact when I was young (strict presbyterian, no communal showers, sex still a taboo in my parent's house), yet male-male sex facing your partner (ignoring anal sex grabbing your partners heels!) seems so sexually and emotionally more fulfilling than anal sex ever would be.

Do you see what I'm saying?  Just my two cents!

12. Imported

Gold Member

awellhungboi: Looking at the entry for frottage in Brenda Love's The Encyclopedia of Unusual Sex Practices (nestled between the entries for 'fornicatory dolls' complete with an illustration of an inflatable sheep {the luv ewe} and furtling {Victorian-era erotic hand manipulation--I still don't know what the hell that's all about} we find: "Robert Tralins, in The Sexual Fetish gives the case history of several frottaphiles. One would follow women who were endowed with particularly large buttocks up escalators and push his penis against the rails to induce orgasm. Another followed obsese women into revolving doors and was aroused by rubbing against them. Of course, not all frottaphiles are aroused by the person they are rubbing. Men with silk or fabric (hyphephilia) fetishes will only rub women in silk dresses, and so forth.

In a related entry on ochlophilia (those who are sexually aroused by crowds) (just before the entry on oculolinctus) Ms. Love writes, "Hirschfield wrote of the problem a few priests endured when London first opened the underground train system (tube) causing them to uncontrollably ejaculate because they were unaccustomed to warm bodies pressing against them from all sides."

I love this book!

13. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Sorry, but a lot of things in averageuk's post rubbed me the wrong way.

[quote author=averageuk link=board=sex;num=1034181304;start=0#10 date=07/12/03 at 14:36:29]Nor am I effemminate like so many guys who call themselves gay - I don't have that melodious lilt to my voice or wear clothes different from anyone else.[/quote]

I am gay ... I call myself gay. What you were describing was a 'queen'. The two words are not synonymous.

I'm pretty sure there are plenty of heterosexuals who have never entertained such fantasies. And to be honest, true bisexuality (2 - 4 on the Kinsey scale) is far more uncommon than either heterosexuality or homosexuality.

Same sex 'bits' can fit together just as conveniently. Plus as a man, I know how my partner's 'man bits' work better than any woman ever can. And the same is true of woman/woman sex.

Uh ... no, it doesn't.

And what's to prevent that during anal sex?

Well, I'm glad you rely on your vast experience to reach such conclusions. :mad:

Just because you find something distasteful doesn't mean that it can't be an expression of love and caring. Personally, I find any form of intercourse to be a more profound sharing experience than rubbing each other's goodies. But then, I speak from experience, so what do I know?

14. Imported

Gold Member

averageuk: DMW, I think you may have misunderstood some of my points!

That's exactly what I said: 'Man-woman sex also seems so right to me, it's the way it's meant to be, two opposites, with corresponding bits, to enjoy and with a function. But man-man sex, similar to woman-woman sex is, by it's definition (same sex), sex which demands equality from both parties' With man-woman, the penis and vagina go together. Both men and women have anuses. In same sex activity, surely penis=penis where penis=vagina? Of course two penises can fit together. You don't need your penis to be wrapped in flesh, anal or vaginal to orgasm or enjoy sex (sex does not equal penetraton), and in many ways anal sex is a pale imitation of straight sex. I'm did not and am not criticising anyone for engaging in anal sex, I said that I think I would find it dirty and repulsive to put my dick in another guys ass, although I might enjoy another guys in mine. Where penis=vagina, penis does not equal anus. Surely 'same sex bits' mean the same bits going together.

Secondly, I'm not familiar with the Kinsey scale. Please explain.

Thirdly, with regard to my virginity, lack of experience does not prohibit me forming opinions of what something might seem like. Would you be turned off eating green mush only to discover it was, I dunno, pureed kiwi? Just an example; maybe if/when I try it I will be proved wrong. We form opinions on many things before we ever try them. Check out what I said about conditioning.

15. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

[quote author=averageuk link=board=sex;num=1034181304;start=0#13 date=07/13/03 at 11:57:01]  Both men and women have anuses.  In same sex activity, surely penis=penis where penis=vagina? [/quote]

Of course both men and women have anuses, but to equate heterosexual anal intercourse with gay anal intercourse is not really just. Men have prostates; women don't. That introduces a whole new consideration into the equation.

Not if it's done right!

Okay, but can you really not understand how words like dirty and repulsive used to describe an activity in which I engage as an expression of love could piss me off? Not to mention the implication that anal sex = dominance, and that it's inferior to frottage. Frottage is little more than playing with yourself by rubbing against someone. I cannot envision that being superior to intercourse.

Not necessarily. 'Same sex bits' in the male/male sense can simply mean two exclusively male organs, not necessarily two of the same organ. In this case, Partner #1's penis + Partner #2's prostate. Both organs only occur in males and both come into play during male/male anal intercourse.

Well, the Kinsey scale has been described in detail elsewhere at LPSG, but basically it's a scale where 0 = exclusive heterosexuality and 6 = exclusive homosexuality. 3 = equal sexual attraction to men and women. A true 3 is exceedingly rare.

Yeah, but it's a fool who decides how to season a
    soup that he's never tasted!

Draft saved Draft deleted