Stupid Things You See In The Gym

Eqx1987

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I usually go in the early mornings, when it's only the regulars and we all kinda know each other and know the common gym courtesies. However, I made the mistake of going on Christmas eve around midday, and it was packed with guys who were so incredibly discourteous and too self-involved to even notice how rude they were being. For example:

(1) There were four adjustable benches available for use, and three were in constant use. The fourth was taken up by the towel of this middle-aged guy who was clearly trying to do a circuit that was taking him all over the gym... and far away from the bench that he was using maybe once every ten minutes.
(2) There was another middle-aged guy who plopped his crap down in front of one of the two adjustable cable machines and used it once every 8 minutes or so. The rest of his time was spent hanging out on the only dip bars in the entire gym, browsing on his phone.
(3) There was one guy who was taking up two of the three squat racks. One of the racks he was using for deadlifts, which obviously do not require a squat rack at all. He was doing all this while also doing a circuit with other equipment.

Moral of the story: if they gym's crowded, I don't give a fuck what kind of circuit you want to do. Let others use the equipment and don't be a fucking hog. I just about lost it on all of them.
I have no qualms about jumping onto equipment that’s being claimed but not used, offering a genuine smile and saying “hey, do you mind if I work in?” Plenty of dirty looks from guys who feel completely put out by me, but I just keep it friendly and they know there’s nothing they can reasonably do about it. I do my sets, lots of smiles, a few “wow, #goals” compliments at them, and it’s fine. The only time someone actually argued was a woman using three pieces of equipment for a glute circuit lol.

Markyoung873

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

d_sylva

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Biggest pet peeve I have is people badly butchering basic exercises. Pullups is the most common. I'll see guys jerk their entire body to just thrust their chin above the bar to, lately, guys doing weighted pullups with another guy assisting them by lifting them up. In every case, the guys walk away confident like they did something. I could honestly go on a rant about all the stupid stuff I see at my gym but don't want to write pages. I think calling my gym a clown circus sums it up well enough.

Reactions: Markyoung873
D

deleted15478561

Biggest pet peeve I have is people badly butchering basic exercises. Pullups is the most common. I'll see guys jerk their entire body to just thrust their chin above the bar to, lately, guys doing weighted pullups with another guy assisting them by lifting them up. In every case, the guys walk away confident like they did something. I could honestly go on a rant about all the stupid stuff I see at my gym but don't want to write pages. I think calling my gym a clown circus sums it up well enough.
I disagree because they are people like me who are first time gym goers and basic exercises are very difficult for us. It's especially hard if you go to the gym by yourself like me and afraid of approaching people for help because their faces look like they are either judging you, ridiculing you, or want to punch you in the face if you approach them.

d_sylva

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I disagree because they are people like me who are first time gym goers and basic exercises are very difficult for us. It's especially hard if you go to the gym by yourself like me and afraid of approaching people for help because their faces look like they are either judging you, ridiculing you, or want to punch you in the face if you approach them.
Oh, no. I see the distinction. People who are new and can't do pullups will struggle just to get their head near the bar and be okay with. Gymbros on the other hand will fling their body upward to thrust their chin over the bar and walk away so confident that they try weighted pullups with someone lifting them up and not even see how they accomplished nothing. Same for toes to bar. Newbies will work on progressions first. Gymbros will swing back and forth to throw their feet above their head and call it a rep.

kjb2023

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
a couple things have driven me crazy esp for the last few months
1- guys livestreaming their workout or taking a bunch of videos. i get it if youre doing it for a form check or something but 90% of the time its just thirst trapping and annoying
2- listening to music on a phone speaker instead of earbuds. there was a guy who did this in the showers and sauna everytime i saw him there and finally called him on it

hotbtminla

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
a couple things have driven me crazy esp for the last few months
1- guys livestreaming their workout or taking a bunch of videos. i get it if youre doing it for a form check or something but 90% of the time its just thirst trapping and annoying
2- listening to music on a phone speaker instead of earbuds. there was a guy who did this in the showers and sauna everytime i saw him there and finally called him on it
If somebody were to use their phone speaker for anything at the gym I’d lose my fucking mind.

Though the flip side of this happened to me the other day. I was in the sauna with a very hot, exquisitely built dude who was doing stretching exercises. The entire situation would have been incredibly erotic, except that he was wearing headphones and singing along to Hall & Oates “Sarah Smile.” It was bonkers.

brianno40

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
  • Love
Reactions: deleted871301
D

deleted871301

View attachment 78250921
View attachment 78250931

For me, it's seeing these narcissistic gym bunnies who are always making it a point of showing off all on the gym workout areas. This guy would probably be banned from my gym.

The 1 or 2 guys who dress like this at my gym generally juice (back acne/scarring) and have firm asses but no bulge upfront. Naked, their cocks look like deflated water balloons.

Reactions: MrMickleGary

MrMickleGary

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
If somebody were to use their phone speaker for anything at the gym I’d lose my fucking mind.

Though the flip side of this happened to me the other day. I was in the sauna with a very hot, exquisitely built dude who was doing stretching exercises. The entire situation would have been incredibly erotic, except that he was wearing headphones and singing along to Hall & Oates “Sarah Smile.” It was bonkers.
What, you didn’t start harmonizing?! :joy: