Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
That just sounds like Smith Machine leg press...
For as long as I've been working out, no other piece of equipment had gotten such a bad rap. The one at my gym is 100% utilized all day. While lots of ladies do their glutes on it, the guys won't touch it. Yet they'll do some horribly formed squat at the free rack.

• Haha
Reactions: ItalTony9

dante33

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
For as long as I've been working out, no other piece of equipment had gotten such a bad rap. The one at my gym is 100% utilized all day. While lots of ladies do their glutes on it, the guys won't touch it. Yet they'll do some horribly formed squat at the free rack.
Guilty.
I prefer free weight on rack for squats. I don't trust the fixed-axis movement of the Smith for anything other than split squats...
And using it as a leg press as described above? Hell no!

• Haha

VT4

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My gym has signs about not talking in phones on the gym floor; not using cell phones in the and no cell phones in the sauna.

The signs are ignored.

I will speak up if phone calls are made in the sauna and anytime video or photos are being taken in the sauna or locker room (OK, the vanity mirror selfies is a lost cause).

Yes, I have someone starting a Facetime in the sauna and then told me to mind my own F business when I spoke up. I reported him.
And again today, a guy entered the sauna talking on the phone and took offense when I asked him to take it outside! SMH.

PrimalAndro

Cherished Member
Media
No joke, some dude yesterday was legit using (for a circuit, simultaneously): 4 sets of DBs, an incline bench, the only incline barbell bench, the T bar row, a band, a grip/forearm trainer, one cable station for press downs, one cable station for curls and also some machine. WTF is wrong with people. Dude had a great physique but still...what a prick.

Reactions: steel33

22D ROCK

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No joke, some dude yesterday was legit using (for a circuit, simultaneously): 4 sets of DBs, an incline bench, the only incline barbell bench, the T bar row, a band, a grip/forearm trainer, one cable station for press downs, one cable station for curls and also some machine. WTF is wrong with people. Dude had a great physique but still...what a prick.
‍Face Palm
Hopefully, he was feeling the burn since he was taking up all the equipment...

Please tell me he "didn't suddenly get fatigued" and not be able to re-rack his weights and instead let everybody clean up after him...

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I enjoy the gym and go often. The general hygiene of people disturbs me. Open sneeze, restrooms not used properly, trash left behind. I adhere to keeping my hands away from my face once I enter the gym and frequently use sanitizer. I pre clean the cardio machine with my own wipes. It’s ironic they a place for health is not used in a healthy manner.

Reactions: Squirrel1

hzs3fg

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
... It’s ironic they a place for health is not used in a healthy manner.

I may have posted this earlier - I don't recall.

I was one of the many treadmills on a cruise ship one morning. Several others in the gym, including another guy on a treadmill a few over from mine. The gym provides small towels for use and this guy has one that he almost continuously wiped the perspiration from his head and neck - the treadmills were facing a broad expanse of glass and we were sailing almost directly into the sun, so it was quite warm.

When this guy finished his cardio, he gave himself one last wipe with the towel AND THEN HE WIPED DOWN THE TREADMILL WITH THE SAME FRIGGIN' TOWEL!

OMG, so disgusting.

• Wow

CUBE

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I may have posted this earlier - I don't recall.

I was one of the many treadmills on a cruise ship one morning. Several others in the gym, including another guy on a treadmill a few over from mine. The gym provides small towels for use and this guy has one that he almost continuously wiped the perspiration from his head and neck - the treadmills were facing a broad expanse of glass and we were sailing almost directly into the sun, so it was quite warm.

When this guy finished his cardio, he gave himself one last wipe with the towel AND THEN HE WIPED DOWN THE TREADMILL WITH THE SAME FRIGGIN' TOWEL!

OMG, so disgusting.
And thought, “Clean for the next person!” Lol

• Haha

caffeinated

Loved Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
One guy at my gym is a former professional athlete. So, understandably, his workouts are on a different level.

When he does squats, he feels the need to use jump ropes to “tie” extra weight onto the hex bar.
It mainly bothers me because the whole setup looks like it’s going to come apart at any moment and hurt him or someone else.

Yes, it’s a minor annoyance.

• Haha

dante33

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
The gym I go to is pretty lax with, well, everything. If you want, you cant train shirtless (towels are still mandatory)
There's this guy that goes to train in socks and flip-flops. Being in the shirtless-workout team I know I can't point fingers, but come on! Flip-flops!?

• Haha