Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Interesting posts. Agree with most.
Here is some stories and stupid things I saw:
Guy in jeans, hi-top work boots, knit hat and pull over hoodie in the sauna. Bet he smelled good.
Older in shape guy with full ear headphones dancing,singing and farting loudly in the sauna. Got the hell out of there...fart smell in that hot sauna ..Too much!
Young guys that take all the 45lb plates to load up and then hardly can lift it.
I row inside in winter, my gym has 30.minute limit on the rower. My row is about 20. There is a nasty old bitch that would tap my shoulder and say she wants to row, I’d tel her I had xx time left so she gets on the bike closest to the rower, doesn’t pedal just sits and will wave at me pointing to the clock trying to get me off the rower every 5 minutes. Every week this shit happened and one Sunday I got up off the rower and called the gym manager over. They said she does that with every machine she wants. Finally enough members complained and they cancelled her membership. Btw her rowing was only using her arms and tension set at 2.
Locker room...I posted this once before with more detail in another forum. A young good looking muscular towel dancer guy was next to me in the locker room and was evidently having a difficult time getting his underwear on without removing his towel. The area between the bench and lockers is not much. Trying to get his undies on, he lost his balance. He fell on me, knocking naked me over, landed with his face straight in my crotch and his towel wide open giving everybody a good view of what he was intent on not showing. Jokingly, I told him if he wanted to get close to my dick he could have just asked, he didn’t have to fall for me. He got pissed and called me a fucking queer. He still couldn’t get up as he got stuck under the bench and his underpants were hobbling him just below his knees. I had to give him a hand and help him get up. No thank you no nothing, not a word. His macho was seriously hurt. Asshole. The rest of guys in the locker room had a good laugh and asked if I was ok. I had hit my head on the bench going down but was ok.
Day pass guys trying to get out of the pool pulling themselves up over the side, not doing too good at doing it and in the process their soggy baggy bathing suit comes down over their ass from wet weight. Seen this many times. Gives a smile all the time. They always look around to see if anyone saw.
Worked at Bally’s gym and on Sunday they had an obese men’s club to help obese men lose weight. Nicest guys, they always talked to me as I worked the front desk Sunday. Always I’d ask if they had a good session, yes they all said and proceed to discuss which buffet they all were going to for lunch. One time 5 got into a older Cadillac and the car sat down on the tires and they couldn’t move. 2 had to get out and go separately. I never saw such a thing. Made me sad for them. They had be well over 450 lbs each. The car just sat on the tires.

Last edited:
T

T_Lurch

Laughed like hell at a few of them, especially #2.

On number one: I've seen guys in a full hoodie workout. I'll never understand that one; I'd be suffocating in that!

I use the gym from my wife's workplace where there's never anyone around, so I'm always alone, but I used to use public gyms like Planet Fitness, and hated it.

Planet Fitness doesn't allow this, but what about the guys who purposely try to draw attention to themselves when lifting by screaming and groaning at 120 decibels? They sound like they're shitting out a steel pineapple.

"YAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!! URRRRGH!!! OOOOOOOOOOO!!! HEEEEEEEH!!!"

I grunt and growl a bit when lifting at times, but that macho screaming shit gets tiresome and makes them look like idiots.

dante33

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
People that stand/sit/lie down at a machine/spot/bench without working out or worse... Talking or texting...
I have no issue with people using their phones at the gym, but please, please, PLEASE don't get in the way! Sometimes they just stand there like 5 minutes doing nothing!

As for really stupid things: this week a girl started going the gym... While having the most ridiculously oversized fake acrylic nails. They are at best 1" past her fingertips and given she's kinda petite, her hands are small, which in turns makes her nails look massive! She can't wrap her hands around any bar/dumbell/grip without those nails getting in the way... It's an accident waiting to happen!

MuscledHorse

Superior Member
Media
Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My favorite stupid in the gym is improper form or incomplete range of motion. This ranges from watching guys give themselves a full back workout trying sling dumbbells (or pre-weighted EZ curl bars) nd call them bicep curls to watching high school boys load up the barbell in the squat rack with a pile of weight, shoulder it, then barely break their stance from starting position and calling it a squat (thighs parallel to the floor is a full squat).

Juanlw4444

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
My favorite stupid in the gym is improper form or incomplete range of motion. This ranges from watching guys give themselves a full back workout trying sling dumbbells (or pre-weighted EZ curl bars) nd call them bicep curls to watching high school boys load up the barbell in the squat rack with a pile of weight, shoulder it, then barely break their stance from starting position and calling it a squat (thighs parallel to the floor is a full squat).
Anyone that does curls in the squat rack. Makes my blood boil.

gavlenils

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Where to start . There are so many stupid things I've seen during the past 30 years at gyms. This is a diffrent kind of trupidity.

Three young girls came to the gym (most likely for the first time) and had a really good time, made noise and laughed. Not in any sense risking physical damage for them self or other people. And then an employees at the gym started to yell at the girls. ".This is not a place for this kind of behavior.....". One thing is for sure. The girls will never came back to any gym after that.

Reactions: Scarletbegonia

longstroke7

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I've seen dudes nearly kill themselves at the squat rack. I think squats are the most common workout where a lot of ppl have awful form and technique.

Reactions: Juanlw4444

ds35mm

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Overweight or obese women, usually middle aged, go to hip adducutor machine, work their inner thighs 3 times and get off, or walk so slowly on the treadmill and drink sugar laden drinks....then complain that they can't lose weight!

Reactions: Motion-of-the-Ocean

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
People that stand/sit/lie down at a machine/spot/bench without working out or worse... Talking or texting...
I have no issue with people using their phones at the gym, but please, please, PLEASE don't get in the way! Sometimes they just stand there like 5 minutes doing nothing!

2 worst things- too much talking and cell phone use. its like youre suppose to be banging these reps out and youre wasting time and taking up the seat that other people need. just gtfo if youre gonna waste time. I got places to be and I gotta fuck these weights so i can leave. :)

Too much talking. Or taking a call on the cell phone.

There's a few phone addicts who whenever I see them at my gym I just know I'm not going to be able to use certain equipment because they will be spending half their time at that location staring at their phone versus actually working out. It seems like I'm one of the few people who use my time between sets for mental preparation for the next one rather than social media browsing.

There's one guy in particular who normally pisses me off just because he never wears a mask and doesn't clean the equipment when his done (or before he uses it...eeww). But he triples down on that by literally standing in one spot for 5-10 minutes, either next to equipment or a high traffic area, looking at his phone between a few quick, half-hearted sets. Despite the fact I've seen this guy at the gym for years now, unsurprising he doesn't look any different then when I first joined up.

I swear if I ever owned a gym, one of my first criteria would be for the walls to be encased in a Faraday cage and market it to those who just want to do what they have to do and get out without having to wait for equipment. Anyone who didn't like it...tough shit. You are there to work out and concentrate; Fakebook and Twitter will still be there when you are done and if you want your jams, buy an MP3 player.

T

T_Lurch

There's a few phone addicts who whenever I see them at my gym I just know I'm not going to be able to use certain equipment because they will be spending half their time at that location staring at their phone versus actually working out. It seems like I'm one of the few people who use my time between sets for mental preparation for the next one rather than social media browsing.

There's one guy in particular who normally pisses me off just because he never wears a mask and doesn't clean the equipment when his done (or before he uses it...eeww). But he triples down on that by literally standing in one spot for 5-10 minutes, either next to equipment or a high traffic area, looking at his phone between a few quick, half-hearted sets. Despite the fact I've seen this guy at the gym for years now, unsurprising he doesn't look any different then when I first joined up.

I swear if I ever owned a gym, one of my first criteria would be for the walls to be encased in a Faraday cage and market it to those who just want to do what they have to do and get out without having to wait for equipment. Anyone who didn't like it...tough shit. You are there to work out and concentrate; Fakebook and Twitter will still be there when you are done and if you want your jams, buy an MP3 player.
That's probably one of the biggest banes of the modern gym goer: the Facebook-obsessed zombie on the machine they're waiting to use.

If I owned a gym, it would include your Faraday cage (a cracking idea, btw), absolutely NO TVs (if they're that addicted to news and trash programming that they get the DTs from doing without for an hour, they've got bigger problems than a spare tire around their middle), and absolutely NO overhead PA blasting music. They want tunes, they can bring an ipod.

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
These fucking slobs who use the water bottle holders on equipment or the cable attachment storage rack to dispose of their dirty paper towels. This despite the fact there are trash cans like every fucking four feet.

Of course it's gotten worse post-Covid since they've upped the squick ante by placing face masks in those same locations. Since the gym only requires mask usage when entering and exiting (which half the time they don't enforce), dudes will take it off as soon as they walk past the front desk and unless they stick it in their pocket or do the chin mask thing, they will drape them over whatever machine they start using. More them once I've gone to the storage rack looking for a particular cable attachment only to be confronted by someone's mask (or two) laying amongst the selections.

Informing the staff will only produce an eye-rolling and maybe they will go throw the possible bio-hazard away; but I've never seen them actually confront or inform the offender even if they know who is doing it.

dante33

Cherished Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Since the gym only requires mask usage when entering and exiting (which half the time they don't enforce), dudes will take it off as soon as they walk past the front desk and unless they stick it in their pocket or do the chin mask thing, they will drape them over whatever machine they start using.

Wait, what?
My gym enforces mask at all times. Granted, most of us lower it to breathe unobstructed during reps of cardio, but besides that, everyone has a mask!
Hell, the goverment has faculties to fine a gym retroactively if say, a social media picture depicts a gymgoer with no mask, so known FB and IGrammers are kept under watchful eyes!

D

deleted471226

Since the gym only requires mask usage when entering and exiting (which half the time they don't enforce), dudes will take it off as soon as they walk past the front desk and unless they stick it in their pocket or do the chin mask thing, they will drape them over whatever machine they start using. More them once I've gone to the storage rack looking for a particular cable attachment only to be confronted by someone's mask (or two) laying amongst the selections.

@dante33

This is why we won't be back to normal anytime soon!

Juanlw4444

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
@dante33

Mask enforcement has not been happening. They say they do it in emails and on their websites, but you never see a staff member tell someone to put a mask on.

My big complaint: If you don't want to wear a mask - whatever. But if you're going to hack and cough every two minutes?... f*** you, wear a mask.

T

T_Lurch

Mask enforcement has not been happening. They say they do it in emails and on their websites, but you never see a staff member tell someone to put a mask on.

My big complaint: If you don't want to wear a mask - whatever. But if you're going to hack and cough every two minutes?... f*** you, wear a mask.
This is partly because people are afraid of confrontation or being yelled at by customers. I think they need to grow a pair that clanks and do the right thing.

I used to work at a certain big box hardware chain where they would accept any, and I mean any return, no questions asked, even without a receipt. Because of they asked a customer for one, they would subject the employee to a tirade of abuse and name calling.

Many businesses figure it's easier to just capitulate than argue and have a confrontation.

Reactions: Motion-of-the-Ocean

Motion-of-the-Ocean

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Wait, what?
My gym enforces mask at all times. Granted, most of us lower it to breathe unobstructed during reps of cardio, but besides that, everyone has a mask!
Hell, the goverment has faculties to fine a gym retroactively if say, a social media picture depicts a gymgoer with no mask, so known FB and IGrammers are kept under watchful eyes!

@dante33

Don't know where you guys live or go to the gym, but in my state it's been like the wild west of non-mitigation since at least last summer.

In the beginning of the pandemic, the gym initially claimed they would enforce masking at all times, but quickly reversed after allegedly getting "member feedback" and those concerned of "health risks" of wearing a mask while working out (if someone is that sick, just maybe they shouldn't even be exercising :rolleyes:). Their policy then was supposed to be that one didn't have to wear it while "actively working out", but only when entering & exiting, when going from different areas of the gym and in the locker room. Over time, people pretty much abused the definition of "actively working out" to include everything else and the employees pretty much ignored the infractions only sometimes saying something to the maskless when they went past the front desk, depending on who was working it.

Now it's been pretty much to the point for many months now that 80-90% of the customers will put on a mask before entering (just in case they're deciding to enforce it that day), then as soon as they are inside...off it goes down their chin or into their pocket (or somewhere else) until they are leaving (and then of course goes right off again outside). The fact is both the customers and employees simply don't give a shit anymore (if they ever did).

Most of the people who go there are young and meat head wanna-bes so they don't care and the employees don't either likely due to low pay and the fact the gym is in a seedy neighborhood and I think they are scared of confrontation with some of the male members. For various reasons, I've been pretty much stuck with either having to put up with it or allowing myself to lose my gains. So I've just been dodging the Covidiots as best I can and try to stay away from those walking around without masks, even if it means sacrificing part of my workout that day.

Although I'm now fully vaccinated I still intend to keep wearing a mask in the gym even though I could get away with it too, as well as staying away from others. I think this is especially important given that since most of the customers never cared to wear a covering to begin with, they also must likely still haven't got the shot and don't intend to.

Working out used to be my number one source of stress relief, but over the past year it has had the opposite effect all because of the amount of selfish human garbage the pandemic has exposed. We'll never get back to "normal" only because others seem to not really want us to or they would simply do their part. It's really not that hard.

Reactions: T_Lurch