style of circumcision

kimwinter

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
as our son got phimosis, we have to decide between two options:
a normal circumcision (as usual in the us), or
a partial circ, where a third to a half of the glans is still covered by foreskin.so this is a question to the ladies in here. which style do you like more?

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
kimwinter said:
which style do you like more?
The question should be: Which would your son like when he becomes an adult? He's the one who will live with the choice for the rest of his life.

Surgery might not be necessary. Steroid creams mentioned by Ed69, stretching, and the Glansie device are alternatives. If there's no disease, the best circumcision is no circumcision.

kimwinter

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
as it s very uncommon to circumcise in germany, everything was tried yet, trust me. so it really seems to be the only solution. that s also why it s more common here to do a partial circ instead of the normal one. but quite a lot of female friends told me they really liked a circed penis (perhaps because its quite exotic here?) they think that my son would be better off with a tight circ than with a loose foreskin covering only half of the glans. as there has to be a circumcision, i want to give my son what will make him comfortable when being with girls. so tell me, what do you like more?

cockandball

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
have it done NOW - he will only thank you as a cock with foreskin problems needs special care and a circed one is able to compete with the rest (and Best!!)

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
kimwinter said:
... as there has to be a circumcision, i want to give my son what will make him comfortable when being with girls.
Since I'm gay I can't say what would make him comforable with girls. I was never able to myself.:smile:

I'm deducing he's a minor and therefore has no legal say in the matter. For that reason I advise the most minimal procedure to solve the phimosis. Anything more is delving into aesthetics, cosmetics, and other people's personal preferences and thus not relevant to what he might want now or in the distant future. After he becomes an adult, and should he decide for himself to do so, it would be easier for him to have more taken off than to remedy too much that was taken off. If the frenar band and frenulum are excised, they're gone forever and can't be reconstituted. Foreskin "restoration" cannot regenerate those parts. Let him decide as adult if he wants those parts cut off forever.

Doc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is the old circumsicion debate again. Don't fall into it. You are his legal guardian, you can decide what is best for him now. It might not be an action he or the girls might not be happy about when he is old enough to understand, that will be then, and that is a burden that comes with making a decision. However I and most circumsized men I know, do not find it brutal that we were circumsized, we quite enjoy it. We do wonder what could it have been like the other way sometimes I'm sure. But everybody wonders about all kinds of things. Will the women like it? Some will, some won't. I think that is pretty normal too. What is not normal is the phimosis, and you should think about that. What would be comfortable for your son? I was very sick all the time when I was young, and all the treatment I went through I know effected me in ways I don't even know. I can only imagine how much more I would have to deal with, if every day for months on end, people were doing strange things to my penis to help its foreskin retract. I don't know, maybe I would never remember it, it's hard to say. Do what you think would give your son the easiest upbringing.

MattBrick

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmm... , popular with the girls, that's important, yes. He is the one most concerned though, because he has to use it everyday, lol. I am pretty sure the girls will like it either way.

I understand what you are saying though. Circumcision is unusual, but it has a certain distinction. In being uncommon in your part of the world, it is sort of exotic, which can be good. You are worried though,that if he is minimally circumcised, he will not fit into either category, circumcised, or uncircumcised, and that it will be wierd, that there will be no-one like him.

The fact is though, there are all kinds of circumcisions. For example, some guys have the little ridge of skin in the back - the Frenelum, others don't.
Some have a lot of skin, some have almost none. It depends on how much skin there was to begin with _as well as_ how much is removed.

I am "minimally circumcised" also. I was circumcised by the midwives, and i guess I got an irregular job. My mom told me that something was wrong. There was a lot of blood, and it was causing me a lot of pain, so they stopped. I ended up with alot of skin. On the left side, it seems like almost none was taken off. It looked wierd when I was a kid I remember - half was covered - but as I grew up, it evened out. (It looks pretty nice now :)

I have a friend, who is circumcised also. He has a lot of skin too, even more than I do, and it almost looks like he is uncircumcised. I'm not sure if he was minimally circumcised too, or if he would have just had lots of skin if he was left uncircumcised as a baby.

My advice is: with your sons circumcision, to go for the least invasive route possible. That is, to chose minimal circumcision. It isn't the worst of two worlds as I think you fear. I see it as the best of two worlds myself! It is easy to keep clean, not overly sensative ( for us circumcised guys, our glans are definitely still sensative!, just not so much as to be uncomforable/painful when stimulated directly), and a nice look. On the other hand, there is enough skin to play with, lol, and to facilitae sex.

If there are problems later (unlikely), more can always be removed. It's much more complicated to "get any back"
It seems like your instinct is to chose minimal circumcision, and that you only want some input from others before you go with that same instinct.
There are benifits to circumcision, and uncircumcision (and all the different varietions within those categories, and everything in between circumcised, minimally circumcised and uncircumcised) in sex with girls (and guys for that matter). The important thing to remember is that _every_ penis is individual, and a little bit different. A man and his partner can have a succesful, and mutually fulfilling sex life with any type of penis.
To your little boy: Gute Beserung!

Matt

P.S. Ich kann etwas Deutsch. Wenn ich vielleicht etwas besser erklaren kann, schreiben Sie mir ein private message, oder hier auf der Liste. Alles Gute!

Snakebyte

Superior Member
Media
Since I am a circumcised male in Germany I can say most of the girls like it and yet none of em have ever complained. What's to add is that I was cut at the age of 16 because I wanted to.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Snakebyte said:
... I was cut at the age of 16 because I wanted to.
Self choice is the BEST reason for a circumcision. If the boy being discussed is given a "high and tight" cut, his self choice will be taken away from him. Most men who reach adulthood with their foreskins usually keep them. In Finland, adult circumcisions run at about 1 in 16,600.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Doc said:
we quite enjoy it.
Compared to what? How would you know?

This is a no brainer. Leave the kid's dick alone. Just messing with it may be causing "phimosis."

This can be a false diagnosis. As long as he can urinate, what is going on with him?

Again, what age is he? "Phimosis" often clears up as adolescence changes the body.

ajay38

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Rather than trying to poll the women...god forbid he turns out to be gay! As a gay man and a medical professional I think you should be as conservative as you can. Exhaust all other avenues before you resort to surgery. Will he be ok if you have him cut? Sure, probably! The partial circumcision though is in my opinion the the way to go if other avenues are exhausted...

Doc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
dxjnorto said:
Compared to what? How would you know?

Firstly that is the point. since the person knows no better or worse, you can't say he will be worse off.

Secondly, I was circumsized when I was in my teens, after puberty, and I do remember what it was like. And I still don't have a problem with it. So I wouldn't be jumping to conclusions. As for surgery. Well as someone on the board said here. Any surgery is an issue one should seriously consider first, even one as simple as this one. Why? simply because you are cutting the body. You should only consider doing that if you really thought the phimosis was going to be a problem. Then, at least for folks like myself, and there are alot of us, we don't see being cut an issue.

B_dxjnorto

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Doc said:
Firstly that is the point. since the person knows no better or worse, you can't say he will be worse off.
Where do people come up with this stuff? Because one doesn't know something, they can't ascertain if there is a difference or not? Maybe if they are mentally disabled, can't read and don't have internet.

Your experience is completely different Doc. A child is likely to interpret it much differently. I know a guy who was circumcised out of nowhere when he went in for a tonsillectomy at the age of eight. This is not about him, but I can ask for permission to tell his story if anyone expresses interest. Meanwhile, please follow the link below:

http://www.norm-uk.org/circumcision_psychological_effects.html

ajay38

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Well Doc at least you had a say in the decision. I know I'm going to get a reputation as an anti-circumcision zealot. I'm not though.....I just think that decisions like circumcision are not a parental decision. An infant cannot give consent therefore the very act of performing a completely elective surgery (which in the case of phimosis may not be elective) is to me unethical. But as I said in this case my advice is to be conservative and only go the partial route.

Doc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I agree with you Ajay. We may share differring views on circumsicion, but I believe it only depends on the parents, and their needs for their child. If they feel they need circumsicion and are willing to risk it, then in the eyes of the law it is up to them. In this case the partial circumsicion seems like a good solution.

But really none of us can even suggest that, since we don't really know the case.

As for dxj. I am clearly not interested in debating whether circumsicion is wrong or right with you or anyone. I answered this womans query just to let her know that some men who are circumsized don't feel robbed of their dignity, rights, or attractiveness to women, as she seemed to have feared. You may have a different opinion on that, that is your business, I found it a bit annoying that you decided to converse on my opinion in such an aggressive manner. I would appreciate it if you didn't do that from now on.

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
Worry less about what women will like and more about what your son will be happy with.

Personally i dont see being circumsised as the 'big bad thing' that many people around here do, especially if it is medical and it needs to be done. I know plenty of uncut guys who wish they were cut & vise versa..

Choose whats best for your son :wink: and a style should be the last concern

Nelly Gay

Experimental Member
Media
kimwinter said:
as it s very uncommon to circumcise in germany, everything was tried yet, trust me. so it really seems to be the only solution. that s also why it s more common here to do a partial circ instead of the normal one. but quite a lot of female friends told me they really liked a circed penis (perhaps because its quite exotic here?) they think that my son would be better off with a tight circ than with a loose foreskin covering only half of the glans. as there has to be a circumcision, i want to give my son what will make him comfortable when being with girls. so tell me, what do you like more?

Partial circumcision can look messy ...
A full circ looks neater .