Subtle Differences in Dick Size

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
Okay, I took a browse through the Stats section in Meet and Greet, and out of musing, I got to thinking about my own size.

I know some people take their measurements pretty seriously, and I know some opt for as precise a measurement as possible. We've talked at length about the proper ways to measure, the "official" ways to do it, techniques to use, taking several measurements to compare the results.

Well, I don't have a ruler. ;D

I used a standard size paper clip to measure the width of my palm. Assuming that it's an inch (seems reasonable enough), I'm three and a half inches in span. I can grab my dick with two hands, and there's some dick leftover. I can coil three fingers around that bit of shaft and cockhead.
[2 hands] [3 fingers, 1 hand]
(3.50 x 2) + (3.50 x 0.6) = 9.10.

For fairness sake, I'll give or take a third of an inch...
So I'm ranging between 8.8 and 9.4.
I just put an even nine under the Stats.

But, you know, as I was joking about how to put this to a bud online -- if I'm really turned on or if I'm getting a good blowjob, my dick looks and feels a little heavier on the slack.

So, I guess my question is, how on earth do you factor that in with a dick measurement? Do you consider your everyday boner measurement to be your size, or do you stop to consider how it fluctuates? I know from personal experience that sometimes I get "half-assed" boners, where it's firm but it's not standing rigid on end or throbbing intensely. In the sack, however... I could drill a hole into the bed...

Who the fuck knows?

dable_wi: Good points, Dee.

You might think about investing in a tape measure. They come in handy for a multitude of household projects, not the least of which is accurate dick measurement :)

Measuring my hard-on doesn't present as much of an accuracy issue as does measuring my flaccid length. Depending on a number of factors, my flaccid length can vary significantly. I usually try to measure just after a shower, without stretching it along the tape measure, but if I have to do it several times, I can work up some stiffness (not entirely unpleasant, mind you).

I suppose the proper flaccid measurement process would be to do it shortly after sex, maybe after a cleanup, when arousal may be minimized. Be careful of chilly drafts, though, you don;t want to under-measure :)

TragicWhiteKnight: One day someone'll have to make a Standardised Erection Test. No longer will you only have to give your size at it's biggest but also:

* Just after sex!
* Aroused in a cold stream!
* Looking at a picture of Estelle Getty!

And many, many more. And it'll go on your permanent record.

sammygirly: That's why usually when I give Maximillian's stats it's "9.25 give or take" ;D

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I was told during my interview on The Christian and Vince Show, "If your dick is about 9" or more, no one is really concerned about how accurate you are with the fractions!" :D I think he had a point: a fair estimate is good enough for most people.

Donk: I have long had the same feeling about, for example, measurements reported down to the nearest tenth. For one thing, I have yet to see a measuring tape that marks tenths of an inch. More to the point, it is really impossible to measure any erection with that precision. An erection is a fleeting, fluctuating event that depends on how much blood is stored in the penis at any given moment. Surely every man has erections that fluctuate a tenth of an inch here or there. When you are dealing with a fraction anything less than, say, half an inch, it is not very meaningful in the field of penis size.

For these reasons, I just report my own length at a flat 11". There have been a few occasions where I have measured it at over 11"--getting up very close to 11.5. Many occasions where I measured it right at 11", and several where it is just under 11". I don't feel a need to claim my maximum size (11.4?) or to scientifically determine a true average (10.9?). The good ol' round number 11 does the job just fine. (Most people who see it without being told the measurements mentally round it up to "a foot" anyway.)

Longhornjok: [quote author=TragicWhiteKnight link=board=sex;num=1063902726;start=0#2 date=09/18/03 at 11:31:13]One day someone'll have to make a Standardised Erection Test.[/quote]
Yes, and as soon as there's another standardized test (the SET?), we can look forward to ads in the paper from Kaplan and The Princeton Review offering prep classes for it. Hmmmm, that could be interesting.

txquis

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Yeah, it is the "give or take" inch
that can go either way.
When i finally did measure,
i wasn't as big as my eye, or my partners
had told me all these years.
HAAAA.
wait..why am i laughing? :p

Michael5094: Actually, there is an easy answer to this. I read about this somewhere and it works. You measure your cock when it is stretched out from pube to tip. The idea is that your cock can only be as long as it can stretched by pulling really hard. When I do this I get 8 1/4 inches but I've only been able to get 8 inches when really, really hard. The rest of the time it is only 7 3/4 inches. The girth, of course, is another story.

Hung11by6

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I agree that my dick size fluctuates depending on how turned on I am an such... I measure somewhere in the 11 inch category but if someone knows how to suck a big dick or i'm gettin real busy I think I measure bigger if I pulled out and measured at that time. Also thicker too.

bigcock: I admit my measurements do vary and all. My hand width is about 3.5 too and I have a couple fingers left over also. So I could say 9 plus really at least 9.5 but on the tape measure I got 9 for a fact. So 9 it is...and I'm happy as hell too ;D

bigcock: I had a couple of fingers that day left on my shaft so at least 9.5 and at max 10...honestly...Love being big guys ;)

bigcock: I have a question, should I post 9.5 like Dee since my hands are 3.5 also and I have a couple of fingers left over, or should I post 10...even though I measured 9 with the tape measurer? Does everyone on here use a tape measuer?

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
I think you have to work with what you've got, man. I only broke out that quasi-formula since I didn't have a ruler to measure my penis formally. I had a small tape measurer, but it's meant for construction, not for measuring cloth or things like that. I measured my hands as carefully as I could, and adjusted my dick size for that; it's pretty consistent with what I'm found through comparison, i.e. being a skosh bigger than a guy packing 8".

Like a buddy told me in response, estimates seem to work just fine. It's when you get into issues like feeling threatening or wishing to compete with some of the bigger-sized guys here, or if you're deliberately tacking on a couple of inches to impress someone knowing full well that if s/he were to see it, then you grow doubtful -- that's not cool. I don't think I'm adjust a tenth-inch here or there because I want to be bigger than so-and-so. Really, I just don't know the precise size...

...but what's it matter anyway?

I know I could get in trouble for saying this, but I think that for every genuinely big guy here, there's room for a liar to follow. Some people will doctor pictures or swipe them off of the 'Net; some will generate crazy and unbelieveable stories to impress others; and some just want the attention or the sense of being worshipped.

Not me.

A tenth-of-an-inch doesn't matter. Experience has shown that it's a pleasant albeit uncomfortable and uncoordinated time when I show the goods and get involved in some lovin'.

bigcock: Ya your right man...well at least I had a ruler and measured all 9 inches of me...man it's great to be big ;D

Valkyrie: Well - I usually don't carry around something to measure the guys I've had sex with... It disturbs the setting both for me and the guy.

My personal, very un-scientific method is to use the palm of my hand to measure length - tip of longest finger lightly pressed against stomach and then see where the tip of his penis ends up. Then a normal grip - forefinger to thumb - to measure girth. And of course eye measurement - it's more accurate than most people believe, but requires that you see other body parts in relation to the penis.

For the guys where I've actually been given exact measurements it has matched surprisingly well with what I've been able to get from my own estimates.

/Valkyrie

lomejorhombre: When I use the hand method I am almost 3 hands (my hands are 4 inches) But the ruler method is only 10 this I belive is partl due to the ability to push your hands closer together, but also to push down closer in, so thus inaccurate, but hay! as has been said before, once it is past a certain length its just BIG!!!

Inwood: Well as much as I love precision...when it comes to dick sizes I keep it simple. I think the problem is not how you measure but how you classify the measurement.

Between zero and seven - you're below average, average, or above average.

Eight to ten - you're hung.

Eleven and above - Whoa Nelly :eek:, you can prefix hung with horse.

I know all ya'll may not agree and Lord knows there have been many heated discussions at the bar about this nomenclature but I just think people use certain words inappropriately and this is my contribution to truth in advertising.