subtle flaming and disruptive posts

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Imported, Apr 13, 2003.

1. Imported

Gold Member

AnonyMs: One of the things I love about this board is the strong sense of community among its members. The board as a whole is extraordinarily tolerant and respectful. I love the high degree of intelligence and articulation demonstrated by most members' posts.

I remember a poster on one of the older boards who did not share this comportment and was eventually not allowed to post anymore.

I am one who tends to be rather protective of the concept of community. I am a truly hospitable person and go to great lengths to make people feel welcomed in my home as well as here on the board to some degree. I find most people along the journey have much to add and help to make me a more well arounded person; however, this is not always true, particularly when dealing with people with issues.

I am increasingly disturbed by an on going discussion with one member of the board concerning his posts. The disruption is not so blatant that I think we could impress upon Marko the need to talk with this person privately. So what to do?

I for one have decided I shall not respond in any form to future postings of this person. I am hopeful that if ignored, whatever is feeding his drive to dominate and bash while being accepted just as he is will not be sustained and he will just go away.

I offer this solution to all of you who might also be desirous of a change.

2. Pecker

Pecker Retired Moderator
    Gold Member

Our 'community' tends to follow the reaction of the water buffalo when the herd senses danger -- we form a circle with our backs to the center as if to protect the board from the attacks of those who won't accept our right to be who we are.

I totally agree with you, AnonyMs: no matter how hungry, even the most insistent mosquito will give up and go away if it's too difficult to reach its target.

Pecker

3. Imported

Gold Member

sammygirly: Point taken and I'm done. I said my piece, and felt it needed to be said and feel I did it in a respectful manner.

I too am protective of the communal atmosphere here and respect the regular gentleman who visit. Even being a person who is not quick to anger, there are times when I cannot turn the other cheek...but then, from what I read here everyday, I may be asking for trouble if I present my cheeks in either direction :D

~joins the herd and brushes off the mosquito~

4. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: What is this? Survivor? Forming an alliance and then kick me off the show? Ignoring me wouldn't work and will only hurt the board. I am not here to dominate, it's just how I am especially coming from my other home, the Temptations message board, http://temptsinfo.proboards10.com/ which is set up just like this one and we talk nonstop. I simply do not understand why no one likes to talk here. We're to have a good time right? We're friends (or potential friends) right? Why this action?

AnonyMs, I particularly like you and it comes as a shock you'd suggest such. Sammygirly, I've taken your words into consideration and understand where you are coming from although I don't think Maximillian should have taken a swing at me, I like and respect you now. bilbobagginsx, I don't know you well, and never had anything against you.

I'd like to know from whence the gang mentality is coming. I think you all have gotten me wrong and accuse me of things far less from what I deem bashing. I have no intention to make enemies or drive people apart or away. If what I've written is considered bashing (without counting like 3 posts where I was obviously angry about what was said TO ME), deliberate bashing would spark a riot and I'd know what I've done. I have training from AOL's Richmond chat; if there is a place where bashing is commonplace, it's there.

I apologize for whatever I've said anyone has read to be bashing. I'm not here to bash. If I do make anything that you'd consider bashing, tell me, point it out... because I am lost. Perhaps I could explain or word it better.

I love you all.

5. Imported

Gold Member

aussiechick63: Sorry Hapi, but I have to agree with the others here. Sometimes I read your posts and wonder why you come in here. Some of your comments are very negative to anyone who is well hung. This board is for support and it is for the well hung. If you have a problem with that, then don't come in and post.

Noone here is responsible for your lack of size. You are the person you are. No amount of whining or bashing will change that. Be proud of who you are and learn to use what God has blessed you with and remember it isn't all about size, but how you use the size you have.

6. Imported

Gold Member

balls: With all due respect Hapi you use way to many words and you come off as unhinged.
    Mellow out, life is short.

7. Imported

Gold Member

H8Monga: Too many words?

Unhinged?

???

8. Daisy

Gold Member

Yep, people were still bitchin about the board in 2003:rolleyes:

Draft saved Draft deleted