Such is life, I suppose.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
We had our morning walk, he didn't seem himself so I left him with my friend the vet on the way to work.

I just buried him at his favourite place by the river.

My Dog died. RIP woofer :confused: There is no Smiley with tears.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My little dog died last year at the age of 16, she'd been jumping around the night before and was perfectly fine, seemingly in incredible health for a dog her age, during the night she howled once and she was gone, it was hard for a few days but not many dogs get to die so quickly in familiar surroundings. You didn't have to watch him be ill then face that trip to have him put down. Sorry for your pain.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Oh, I'm so sorry Drifterwood. The loss of a beloved pet is one of the deepest hurts we experience. :frown1:

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Aah, that totally sucks. Have a hanky.

286485044.jpg

Mr. Snakey

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
A very hard thing to go through. We went through the same thing with our Cat. Im so sorry to hear this. Take heart in the wonderfull place you put him to rest. We did the same thing in a place he loved

pawbear56

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm still trying to get over the loss of my beloved Golden Retriever Lydia who passed away on Dec 23rd 2004 aged 16! She was so much part of my life for a third of it! Thankfully she passed away peacefully in my arms at home.

Only pet owners realise just how much they become part of our lives!

I doubt if I will get another Golden, Lydia was so unique and there will never be another one of her.

But I do miss the loyality and company of a Golden and Lyida would want me to give as much love, kindness and devotion togther with an excellent quality of life to another 12 week old puppy for the next 16 years!

hypoc8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's funny how they become one of the family, sometimes they seem more human than we do. I don't know which is worse, having to put one down like I did or it passing on its own. Either way it hurts. Sorry for your loss.

D

deleted105034

I feel for you man, I've been there. There's definitely something different about when a dog dies...They really have no bad intentions ever, their lives are just about as innocent and pure as you can get.

When my "Taffy" died, I was at college, and my mom told me over the phone. I didn't cry. Then about a month later, I saw some commercial with a dog in it, and the dog did something sweet like rub his nose in his owner's hand, and it reminded me... I just lost it! Pretty weird for the grief to be that displaced but it was just as strong.

nay-nay

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
that is so sad. so sorry to hear about your loss. :hug:

i can definetely understand what you're going through.

its worse to see your dog suffer. i had a rat terrier named buster. we moved to a new place and couldn't have any pets, so i had to give him away to my uncle, and all the dogs where he lived had mange and eventually die or they get heartworm. buster ended up getting heartworm, and by the time my uncle finally decided to take him to the vet, it was too late. i went and seen him at the vet. he was in a cage suffering. he managed to stand up when he seen me come in, and he just fell into my arms. it scared me b/c i thought he had just died, but he wasn't strong enough to stand for very long. he died very shortly after that. he was the coolest dog i've ever had, and no other dog will ever be able to replace him.

i still miss him alot to this day but things will get better. you'll always have your memories. :smile: *big hug*

JustAsking

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
From a sincere and lifelong dog lover. I am so sorry to hear this, drifter. Words can't describe the feeling, but there are many of us who can relate right away.

I'm with you Drifterwood. My sister's dog of 14 years just died and I feel like I've lost a dear friend.

Dogs are such wonderful animals and I'm sure he had the best life possible with you. My sincerest condolences. :hug: