Suddenly, I'm bulging!

Donk: I just want to share a side effect that I noticed this website has had on me--namely, all of a sudden, I am sporting a bulge in my pants that makes me self-conscious!

Well, that's not really accurate. I'm sure the bulge is not "sudden". I have probably been showing a bulge all my life (at least since puberty). But I have just recently become aware of it.

Let me explain. Since I was a teenager, I have always worn boxers and loose fitting pants except on the very rare occasions when I was showing a bulge on purpose (and at the gym I wear boxer briefs under my gym shorts). And I always thought this gave me a pretty minimal bulge (except, of course, when I get an erection--that's a whole different story). I knew that I showed some bulge, but in my mind it did not seem to be especially noticeable compared to guys of more average size. After all, every man has at least a little something poking out from between his legs.

But, after reading many posts here about bulge issues, I recently reevaluated. In particular, I started paying some attention to the bulges--or lack thereof--on other men. As a straight guy, I have never before been in the habit of male crotch-watching. But I have started comparing to see if my bulge really is more noticeable than that of most men, and I discovered that it actually is! Also, since my office is now casual dress and I'm wearing khakis every day instead of dress pants, I notice that the khakis I have worn for awhile develop these wrinkles that point into kind of a triangle shape tenting toward my crotch. I have also been catching sight of myself in the mirrors at the gym and realize I show pretty noticeably in my gym shorts compared to other guys.

All these years I thought I was going around looking very conservative and un-bulging, and now I am suddenly self-conscious about the fact that I really do display a noticeable bulge every day. And here this is supposed to be a support group that helps people solve issues, not create new ones! :) Thoughts?

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
Donk, I'm with you.

I too, am now more conscious of "showing".

And, doggone it!   --it IS all because of this forum.

As you have admitted to doing,  I also am finding that I

"Notice" myself more in mirrors, store windows, etc. as I walk by, ANYWHERE I can take a quick "look-see" at myself to determine just how much bulge I am revealing.

and...

I'm also watching out for other guys and noticing "what" they are showing and "how" I am comparing to them.

Frankly, I'm shocked...that I'm doing this at all and, that it truly appears I am (often) "out-showing / out-doing" them!  ---I never knew, somehow.

--And, you know, it's kind of a (strange!) rush!   ;D

I thought for years that I wasn't really "that" revealing overall...at least not obnoxiously. Understand that I don't go out of my way to "show" deliberately (although I have admittedly had occasions when I will "don" a pair of the right fit and color jean and most likely show pretty well.  But those are occasions when I can get by with it easier than others...places where other guys are around in similar clothing and I don't feel so out of place.

Since being around the LPSG, I am seemingly now REALLY more conscious of what I might be revealing.  But, what I have had to deal with mostly though, is overcoming a lifetime of "shame and fear" of my maleness being overly revealed....(or, revealed at all!)

Discretion still rules for me...those times when I can use good judgment to the situation and environment I will be in (WHEN I CAN know this in advance, of course in day to day life. In other words, I try to dress appropriately for the occasions I'm expecting.)

But whatever "shows" and when....I have determined NOT to let it embarrass me (too much!) so I can go on with life.  There's more to enjoying my existence here on this earth than worrying about my penis!      ;)

Strangley, perhaps conversely--I am finally "enjoying" my good fortune (size) without being intimidated by it.

I know. Many members here who would LOVE to be "large"--- will never be able to figure me out!    

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Maybe something helpful can eventuate from your newly acquired self-awareness. You know that if you notice the protrusion in your crotch, others have noticed it all along. You can feel empathy for the younger members here just coming to terms with the fact that they're hung. You have just recently noticed, so it's new to you as well. You are more mature and more experienced with life's inevitable surprises. How have you used that experience in coping with the possibility that all eyes are drawn to your groin? What feeling is stronger: confidence or embarassment? Does it alter the way you carry yourself? Let us know what you 'do' about it.    

benderten2001

Experimental Member
Media
THANKS, DMW for this occasion to elaborate.
Perhaps this will help someone, I don't know.
Here goes:

[quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=clothing;num=1071204871;start=0#2 date=12/11/03 at 22:57:26]

"...Maybe something helpful can eventuate from your newly acquired self-awareness.
... if you notice the protrusion in your crotch, others have noticed it all along. You can feel empathy for the younger members here just coming to terms with the fact that they're hung. You have just recently noticed, so it's new to you as well. You are more mature and more experienced with life's inevitable surprises. How have you used that experience in coping with the possibility that all eyes are drawn to your groin? What feeling is stronger: confidence or embarassment? Does it alter the way you carry yourself? Let us know what you 'do' about it.

[/quote]

Confidence, confidence, CONFIDENCE !

There's no doubt that there IS a feeling of inner self esteem that's certainly a part of all this.  I DO walk more proudly with my head held up! Why shouldn't I?

My struggles (which for the most part were somewhat self-inflicted--I never felt I was "large" or "big enough" until this forum!) these struggles inhibited me from enjoying life to its fullest.  I was quite an introverted hermit...often scared of my own shadow.  Other men (fortunately) cannot relate to this feeling necessarily. These men may have grown up with better opportunities early in life to mix and mingle and "bond' with other guys; to see what sizes they had comparatively and be able to draw some conclusions.  I didn't. I assumed I was not big enough and that I didn't show, even into most of my adult life as well! Absolutely true. It's hard for even me (in retrospect) to believe I could have been (and was!) trapped in this mindset.

Life though has taught me much.  My "maturity" includes realizing there is more to life than the size of man's penis. It's how a man feels about himself...deep down inside. Yes, it so happens that I turned out to be a larger than average size fella "down there" but even that does NOT make me a better man.  This is the lesson I have learned (the difficult way) after years and years of life's lessons.  For me, many other events and issues have come along during life to replace "penis size" worries. My priorities were adjusted.  And, they were corrected. I enjoy being "large" and I wouldn't really WANT to have less.  But, I believe I could accept "smaller" now and be more content than I would a few years ago....when considered with other issues in life.
THAT'S another way I have changed in my "maturing".

Whatever "embarrassment" there is (or was) for my showing a bulge is deemed now (by me) to be a problem FOR THE OBSERVER-- certainly not MY problem.

And, what a tremendous relief for me to be rid of that "excess baggage" of needless guilt!

Max

Sexy Member
Media
I can identify both with Donk and Benderten on this.

Way back I used to worry about the bulge a lot more; and as I used to find it was less noticeable in certain sorts of trousers, particularly ones which 'compressed' me, I went with appearance rather than comfort. But in the end I went for comfort as my first priority, in my case a properly fitting jockstrap which not only supports but gives me the space I need, and loose boxers and trousers with plenty of crotch room. To get on with life I want to feel totally comfortable physically, and this clothing is the only solution which allows that.

I used to be a lot more self-conscious than I am now .. of course when you get to my age fewer people look anyway :(. But yes, I admit, feeling the weight of bulge, and even seeing it, can put a little bit of heart into a man on a bad day :)

I can remember making a comparison or two on occasion. In the early 80s when 'Y fronts' were still the norm in the UK I remember seeing one guy at the gym who barely made the 'Y' convex at all ... whereas I knew that if I wore those my balls would fill the Y beyond overflowing and I would have to position my penis outside it (to the side over to my hip). The difference between many lpsg men and other guys is that we have several times the volume to deal with -- no wonder there will be an obvious difference. The wrinkles and the tenting shape Donk mentions can't really be avoided. The longer I have owned a pair of trousers the more noticeable they tend to get.

That said, the noticeability varies a lot. Just sometimes I have been surpirsed by it; maybe if I happen to catch an unexpected reflection of myself in a shop window walking along the street. Recently someone sent me one of those group photos ... I happened to be in the front row, and it caught me juist at the wrong angle. I was taken aback, and just for a moment had a little lpsg anxiety moment.

009_and_a_half: I've been aware of the bulge since I was at least 13 or 14 when a classmate was giving me a hard time about it. The next day he came back to class looking a little sheepish -- I heard his brother had filled him that having a bulge there is not a bad thing!

I know no way to hide the bulge -- it's there with flat-fronts, with pleated pants, with button-flys, with regular jeans -- can't be avoided. The only thing I can do is not wear pants/jeans/shorts so tight that it's clearly "outlined."

HungJordan: The battle of the bulge has been first and foremost in my mind since I was 16. That was the year that my cock and balls had done most of their growth. I still had a bit more to go, but for all intents and purposes my cock and balls were nearly full grown.

Since then I have always been very conscious of my bulge. If I hang down my leg it's noticeable. If I keep it in my 'pounch' I stick out really noticeabley. I don't like to let it come above my belt line 'cause I get semi's all day to some extent. For most guys that's ok but for me even a semi get's me from going from my normal 7-8" soft to a good 9" or so.

Mishaps have occurred mainly when I have not wore underwear or I get an unwanted 'woody'. then I show alot.

A little is OK. Alot is really bulging.

hawl: [quote author=Donk link=board=clothing;num=1071204871;start=0#0 date=12/11/03 at 20:45:31] Also, since my office is now casual dress and I'm wearing khakis every day instead of dress pants, I notice that the khakis I have worn for awhile develop these wrinkles that point into kind of a triangle shape tenting toward my crotch. [/quote]I'm glad to see someone else asking about "the triangle". My loose pants, whether fresh out of the laundry or having been worn for some days, do the same thing. Looking in the mirror, I've felt "This is discreet? That is a rude look  :D! It looks like I purposely ironed them some demented way! I might as well wear skintight jeans!". I definitely empathize with your whole post (I didn't originally come here because of my interest in politics, although I did notice right off that it was already a popular sideshow of this forum!), but I think a couple other factors should be blamed besides this board. I'm not that old, but in recent years age and gravity have apparently combined to "out" me as "packing". What used to be quite compact and easily portable ain't so anymore. Much less shrinkage, and don't even get me started about the balls! I'm still adjusting, so to speak, and though it may sound to some purely comedic, I would ask the unsympathetic to stuff a couple extra hanging inches of something in their briefs and walk around with that 24/7. Bike ride anyone? How about that 5-mile run in the public park :D!? Aside from the aging process, who is the male who is not going to be a bit more crotch-conscious these days with the onslaught of "Does size matter?" snickering in the media and the barrage of spam etc. imploring one to do whatever it takes to enlarge that penis so that one may finally satisfy women, be the envy of other men, and generally have all doors to success flung open!?

barron: Donk,

This was an interesting comment in your original post ..."except, of course, when I get an erection--that's a whole different story". Mind sharing that story? What about other guys on the board, with some of your sizes I am sure that modesty must be a challenge when you get hard.

josh: well im not bulging, but if i were non baggy trousers its more noticable. And to be honest, you cant help it, and if people look they look. They would look coz they are jelus!

I have a mate who hasnt got a very big cock. He must be about 2-3 inch soft, and he always wheres baggy thin trousers. The prob is because they arent thick material, you can see perfectly how hung he is. And he shows it off even though he really hasnt got much to show off! Dont get me wrong or anything, but his body is very 'fit' --- well he stays healthy very well! and its cool that he aint imbarrest, but really, i wouldnt do that, coz alot of girls point it out coz ive talked to um b4! lol, funny lad he is! :D

Donk: [quote author=barron link=board=clothing;num=1071204871;start=0#8 date=12/20/03 at 12:22:03]Donk,

This was an interesting comment in your original post ..."except, of course, when I get an erection--that's a whole different story".  Mind sharing that story?  What about other guys on the board, with some of your sizes I am sure that modesty must be a challenge when you get hard.  [/quote]

There's no real "story." Just pointing out that I have always realized that it's practically impossible for me to avoid showing a bulge when i'm hard. I have learned a couple of tricks over the years: (1) bend it down between my legs and try to hold it clamped there till the swelling subsides, (2) Stick my hand in my pocket and use it to hold my penis down and up sideways along my waistband. Last resort: stand behind a chair or something.

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
So I went to work this afternoon. Nothing was particularly unusual about my getting ready routine. I hopped in the shower, tried to relax a little, and I changed into my work uniform. I normally wear baggier jeans because I feel much more comfortable in them; my work jeans are much more fitting. They're a bit low-rise, straight-leg. Anyhow, I put on my boxer shorts then the jeans, and for the hell of it, I adjusted my crotch. My dick usually hangs down to one side when it's limp, so for once, I tried to position it "up." Once I had it, I affixed my belt and pulled on my t-shirt. I looked down to give it all a once-over, and MAN!

Heh, I had a buddy once tell me that he felt like he had a good "dick day." When I asked him what he meant, he said something similar to today's experience -- that when he looked down at his jeans, his dick seemed more pronounced than usual and it made a nice bulge. (N.B., his size is more "average.")

So, yeah, I was profoundly -- not moved, but I definitely felt a reaction from what I saw. It didn't make me swagger or walk around with an ego trip, but I don't know; there's something indescribably awesome about being that much more secure about one's endowment. I know I'm not small; the bulge just reaffirmed that, I guess.

ceg1526: Donk:

I laughed when I read about the triangle on your khakis; I get the same thing on mine. On my jeans, there's usually a much lighter area over my crotch that seems to highlight what I've got. My dress pants are the same way, except it's a "shiny" sorta patch.

I came of age in the 80's, when pants were worn much tighter than they are today. I've got some old pictures from back then that look like I've stuffed two pair of socks and an empty paper towel tube in the front.

I generally don't worry about my bulge. I got what I got. Although when I wear sweat pants to work out in, I usually keep my shirt tail out to keep me from looking like a kangaroo (I remember Max posted that descrition of what he looked like years ago on a forerunner to this board).

Take care

Ceg

HungJordan: Donk,

I too work in an office with casual dress. Showing a bulge has always been a challange for me. I hang over 7" soft and got big nuts too. I really need some nice snug briefs to contain me and be appropriate. The worst is when my cock will 'fall out' of my briefs in which case my cock will then hang down my leg. It's not that it's uncomfortable (quite the opposite hanging like that stimulates my cock), but I bulge very big hanging like that. I have learnt over the years to avoid freeballing, be very well supported, and have a plan in case of a sudden hard on. Khaki's are actually the worst: they show a ton and are made of thinnish material. I once observed to my horror that not only was my cock obvious to make out, but the bulge was pretty obscene.

PackingVegas: I get that triangle effect on my jeans, actually. I wear jeans to work daily, and usually ones that are a little on the loose side. Those ones get the triangles. My 501's just flat out bulge, and I don't wear those to work ever. That's just inappropriate.

But it sure is fun to walk the Vegas Strip in my 501's, and just look at the reactions I get. Sometimes a buddy who's also hung will do it with me, and we have a blast, screwing around like we don't know it's showing, seeing who looks, what facial expressions we get, etc. What can I say, you've gotta be a sick puppy some of the time, and this is pretty harmless, and why not enjoy our endowments? I used to be shy of my size, now I love it.

SpeedoGuy: [quote author=PackingVegas link=board=clothing;num=1071204871;start=0#14 date=01/05/04 at 13:35:57]...and why not enjoy our endowments?  I used to be shy of my size, now I love it.[/quote]

Same for me.

The shape of my body and waist plus my endowment has made a bulge (particularly when wearing jeans) regardless of the type of pants I'm wearing. Yah, I get the wrinkles too. I tried to deny its presence and ignore it but it was still there all the time.

It bugged me for years because I just didn't like the way it looked. However, there was little I could do about it. So, I just learned to live with it. Over time, I gradually awoke to the fact that I was repeatedly catching women (and some gay guys) sneaking peeks at me. I started to enjoy it. It must not look too bad if people are seeking to glance at it, I guess.

I can remember one time I was walking around, of all places, the Las Vegas strip. The pedestrian traffic was heavy and everyone was swerving and dodging to avoid head on collisions with other walkers. Suddenly I stopped face to face with a rather good looking black woman whose eyes fell immediately to my bulge and then rose slowly back up again. She smiled and uttered a "Wow!" right at me and then continued on her way. Loved it!

SG

HungJordan: Speedo,

I agree totally. Many times I have noticed hungry eyes on my crotch, especially when I know I am bulging huge. It's a sexy feeling knowing that you know they know you got a huge one.

James249620002000: If you have read my other posts, you know that I am a grower not a shower. You also will know that my balls are very large and hang pretty low.

Last month, I was in a group picture with fourteen other guys. I sat on the front row and was wearing tan khakis. I was shocked when I saw the picture because of the pronounced bulge down my left leg where, I guess, my balls were hanging. It kind of got me excited to know that even though I am not so large, I looked like I had a large package. None of the other guys on the front row exhibited such a thing. So, as a smaller guy, I kind of understand the excitement of seeing a package on yourself....

PackingVegas: [quote author=James249620002000 link=board=clothing;num=1071204871;start=0#17 date=01/06/04 at 07:41:55]
Last month, I was in a group picture with fourteen other guys...   I was shocked when I saw the picture because of the pronounced bulge down my left leg... [/quote]

I know what you mean. I was on a motorcycle ride with about 40 guys, and we stopped for pics at a few points. When the pics were posted on a website, I was blown away to see that in every pic, I was bulging huge! I didn't even know it at the time, but those are some great pics!

B_RoysToy

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Unlike you, Packing Vegas, I purposefully put on a pair of shorts (back when they were actually short) sans underwear and made from tight, large percentage elastic fabric material, to wear to the park on my motorcycle.

I parked my cycle on the side of one of the most traveled streets and took my position leaning back against one side of the seat. I couldn't keep count of number of times the same cars came by, as the drivers slowed to a crawl as they looked at my crotch. At times there were a line of cars, none passing, the driver of each checking out my semi becoming harder with all the attention. I took advantage of the selection and made a new friend.

In case you were wondering, I was prepared to throw a leg over my bike and ride off if I saw a police car among the line, but that wasn't necessary.

I'm just wondering if any of you guys have ever been so crass, and would tell about it.

Luke