Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
So, my twin sis started dating a man who is very very wealthy. She did not know this until after a few weeks of dating him exclusively. She knew he did well for himself but didn't know he was a millionaire.

I started calling him Daddy Warbucks at all the things he was giving her (like a $50,000 check to take care of her finances like it was water)...she got upset with me. She told me he was just taking care of her within his means and he was her boyfriend.

Anyway, when dating, is financial security important? To what extent?

I would never date a guy just for his money but it is a powerful motivator for some women. Just like dick size is...to me, sucess is hot, not necessarily monetarily.

Would finding out your new boyfriend is loaded make you more attracted to him?

EDIT: He is relatively her age, she's 25 (like me) and he's 32.

I don't care how wealthy someone is, no one would wisely give $50,000 to someone they just started dating after only a few weeks (or a few years for that matter) for anything. Not to mention the $20,000 gym membership? Um, ok... does he plan on helping her retire within the next few years also? :cool: Nobody who worked hard for that amount of money just showers it away on someone that they don't substantially care about.

And that's not "pampering within someone's means." He just spent roughtly 1/10 of his entire wealth on her in two transactions according to you (millionaire means only "one" million, if you didn't know that). At the rate he's spending, that's barely within the means of someone who has 10 million dollars. What about his own monthly/yearly expenses? Bills, taxes, insurances, etc. If he can supposedly give away $70,000 like it's nothing, then imagine what those other expenses are.

Sounds like this guy is either nuevo rich and going broke quickly or he's just got mommy and daddy money and doesn't care if they foot the bill.

It also sounds a little fishy that she supposedly "didn't know that he was wealthy" either. What does that mean anyway? He didn't dress very nice, he didn't drive a very nice vehicle, he didn't wear any jewelry, he didn't carry a lot of cash, etc.? Regardless of all those things I mentioned, you'd have some idea of the amount of money a person had after being around them for more than a days, let alone after being around them for a few weeks. It doesn't work like "Oh I thought he was poor, but turns out he's a millionaire!!" :rolleyes:

Either way, this story sounds very unrealistic. Unless she's dating a super celebrity or someone on the Forbes 400.

Last edited:

Embrace69

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
The relationship died a natural death, and while it made me kind of sad I never hoped to try to get used to living like that. I couldn't keep a foot in both worlds. Live it up with him then come back down to earth with my family.

That's exactly how I would feel Ellie.

I've not dated men who throw me a new car with out blinking or anything like that. I wouldn't want that. I'm a relatively simple girl. My family is far from well off. I think financial stability is very important in a relationship. You need to know that no matter what happens you're still going to have a roof over your head, electricity and food to eat. Those are essential to me, basic necessities for survival. Anything beyond that is considered flashy to me. I like nice things, but I never have to have them and most of the time will tell a man to take it back or that they don't have to buy me those things because to me, that's showing too much in the fashion of "I want to buy your love" and I don't like that. I want to be loved for who I really am, I don't want to be bought and I refuse to be.

My dad however has a different outlook, he says let them buy you what ever you want if they are willing to... I never understood that.

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I dated this great guy from Houston many years back. He was a true gentleman and a fun guy. He would drive all the way to Austin and we'd do some fun stuff. I guess the Land Rover should have given me a clue.

I went to spend the weekend with him in Houston and things changed drastically. We went to eat at the "Club" and meet his friends. To say that I was an outsider is an understatement. This is the same club that the Bushes belong to (GHW and GW) and they are close family friends. His family is quite moneyed and his lifestyle was so far removed from mine that I don't think I could ever get used to his and I know he would never understand mine. His family was wonderful, but they didn't understand certain things that I grew up knowing were the way things were.

The relationship died a natural death, and while it made me kind of sad I never hoped to try to get used to living like that. I couldn't keep a foot in both worlds. Live it up with him then come back down to earth with my family.

This is exactly how I feel. I wouldn't want to change my whole world. You have to have common ground.

The guy my sister is dating is not republican or from "family money", so it's a different kind of thing. He has a few degrees and got his foot in the door at the right time and is an investment banker. So, he still is actually oddly down to earth.

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't care how wealthy someone is, no one would wisely give $50,000 to someone they just started dating after only a few weeks (or a few years for that matter) for anything. Not to mention the $20,000 gym membership? Um, ok... does he plan on helping her retire within the next few years also? :cool: Nobody who worked hard for that amount of money just showers it away on someone that they don't substantially care about.

And that's not "pampering within someone's means." He just spent roughtly 1/10 of his entire wealth on her in two transactions according to you (millionaire means only "one" million, if you didn't know that). At the rate he's spending, that's barely within the means of someone who has 10 million dollars. What about his own monthly/yearly expenses? Bills, taxes, insurances, etc. If he can supposedly give away $70,000 like it's nothing, then imagine what those other expenses are.

Sounds like this guy is either nuevo rich and going broke quickly or he's just got mommy and daddy money and doesn't care if they foot the bill.

It also sounds a little fishy that she supposedly "didn't know that he was wealthy" either. What does that mean anyway? He didn't dress very nice, he didn't drive a very nice vehicle, he didn't wear any jewelry, he didn't carry a lot of cash, etc.? Regardless of all those things I mentioned, you'd have some idea of the amount of money a person had after being around them for more than a days, let alone after being around them for a few weeks. It doesn't work like "Oh I thought he was poor, but turns out he's a millionaire!!" :rolleyes:

Either way, this story sounds very unrealistic. Unless she's dating a super celebrity or someone on the Forbes 400.

I'm not sure I care if you believe me or not. She did not, in fact know he was wealthy. At all. She knew he was in finance and was comfortable. He's educated and it's NYC for fuck's sake. She thought he maybe made a 100 grand a year. She never thought he was poor. You're just being dramatic with that one. And $70,000 is not is not 10% entire wealth. Ever hear of people investing and saving their money? Well, he has, for years. He's pretty scrupulous with his money. He's a banker. Like I said. He's making her notate all of her finances (think Quicken).

The money he gave her was pretty practical in terms of the kind of cash he has, it was to pay bills, rent, etc long term. He gave it to her, he loves her. She was floored when she found out how much he made. She's seen his tax return...

She's still going to school, still has her part-time job. He's not trying to sweep her away and "retire" her.

The gym thing was because they decided to get healthy together.

Obviously, you're reading what I said and twisting it around, like some others are in the thread...but there's nothing I can do about it.

Last edited:

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I'm not sure I care if you believe me or not. She did not, in fact know he was wealthy. At all. She knew he was in finance and was comfortable. He's educated and it's NYC for fuck's sake. She thought he maybe made a 100 grand a year. She never thought he was poor. You're just being dramatic with that one. And $70,000 is not is not 10% entire wealth. Ever hear of people investing and saving their money? Well, he has, for years. He's pretty scrupulous with his money. He's a banker. Like I said. He's making her notate all of her finances (think Quicken).

The money he gave her was pretty practical in terms of the kind of cash he has, it was to pay bills, rent, etc long term. He gave it to her, he loves her. She was floored when she found out how much he made. She's seen his tax return...

She's still going to school, still has her part-time job. He's not trying to sweep her away and "retire" her.

The gym thing was because they decided to get healthy together.

Obviously, you're reading what I said and twisting it around, like some others are in the thread...but there's nothing I can do about it.

Well, quite frankly I don't believe you. I think you're lying about this whole thing. She knew he "was in finance and was comfortable, and thought he made about 100K a year" but didn't know he was wealthy? Right, because people are usually comfortable when they don't have any money... and making 100K+ a year wouldn't constitute someone as being wealthy - LOL.

What does being educated and NYC have to do with anything? $100,000 is $100,000 no matter where you are at. Being educated doesn't guarantee you a job or money nowadays... noticed the economy lately? And coincidentally I work in finance also... go figure. :rolleyes:

Also, who cares about his tax return? So say he makes a million dollars a year salary, pays 50% of that in taxes, takes home $500,000 a year. If he's smart enough to do that, he's also smart enough not to give away $70,000 to his latest fling. "He's been saving for years!" - apparently not if he's giving away 50K+ like it's nothing. And man, he's had all those years to save since he's been out of college... what like 8 whole years? Not to mention he's "scrupulous" as you describe... but then giving away 70K - again LOL!

And yes, if you said he's a millionaire then 70K is roughly 1/10 of his asset. Having a million in assets is very different than having a million in cash and then assets. You didn't say he was a multi-millionaire, you simply said he was a "millionaire", which means having 1 million dollars. Plenty of people have a million in assets and could be considered "millionaires"... doesn't mean they have a million cash and are giving away money left and right.

I'm sorry, but this whole "story" sounds bogus. I don't buy any of this for a second. You don't care if I believe you, and I don't care that you don't care. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, quite frankly I don't believe you. I think you're lying about this whole thing. She knew he "was in finance and was comfortable, though he made about 100K a year" but didn't know he was wealthy? Right, because people are usually comfortable when they don't have any money... and making 100K+ a year wouldn't constitute someone as being wealthy - LOL.

What does being educated and NYC have to do with anything? $100,000 is $100,000 no matter where you are at. Being educated doesn't guarantee you a job or money nowadays... noticed the economy lately? And coincidentally I work in finance also... go figure. :rolleyes:

Also, who cares about his tax return? So say he makes a million dollars a year salary, pays 50% of that in taxes, takes home $500,000 a year. If he's smart enough to do that, he's also smart enough not to give away $70,000 to his latest fling. "He's been saving for years!" - apparently not if he's giving away 50K+ like it's nothing. And man, he's had all those years to save since he's been out of college... what like 8 whole years? Not to mention he's "scrupulous" as you describe... but then giving away 70K - again LOL!

And yes, if you said he's a millionaire then 70K is roughly 1/10 of his asset. Having a million in assets is very different than having a million in cash and then assets. You didn't say he was a multi-millionaire, you simply said he was a "millionaire", which means having 1 million dollars. Plenty of people have a million in assets and could be considered "millionaires"... doesn't mean they have a million cash and are giving away money left and right.

I'm sorry, but it just sounds like you're lying up a storm here. I don't buy any of this for a second. You don't care if I believe you, and I don't care that you don't care. :rolleyes:

Hehe, well, this thread wasn't about that. It was about the financial stability of your partner/boyfriend. I don't care if you don't believe me. I have no reason to lie. I haven't lied once.

I don't know what he has in assets. It's frankly none of my business. She saw his last year's tax return, his salary was over 800,000. Like I said, sigh, she knew he made a good living. He did not flaunt his money to try to win her over. They were exclusive before she ever found out. He rents an apartment in NYC right now until he finds a place to buy. He recently moved to NYC from London. When she went over for the first night for dinner, he told her. They were already exclusive and had been on several dates. She's not a "fling"...you sound bitter... You've seen too many movies.

And what's wrong with being scrupulous? You act like someone with money can't be and also can't give a big gift like that. He's been out of college for 10 years, is a bachelor and saved and invested his money. So...what's so wild about that??

And I'm beating a dead horse, but the gym membership was for both of them, for over a year, including personal trainers. So, whatever you say sir.

He spent money on her financial well-being and both of their health within his means. I'll let you go back to watching your movies. I'm done responding to you...you're...well...odd and just looking to argue for the sake of it. And I don't care what you think really.

Last edited:

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
And guess what, nobody believes you. :cool: Bitter... movies... I'm sorry I don't follow, do I know you? Cause you sure as hell don't know me.

It's very apparent that you're the one watching the movies, m'dear. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Guess what, nobody believes you. :cool:

Er...good for you? You don't know me either..................go take a chill pill. Never claimed to know a stranger on the internet. I said you sound bitter and like you're looking to harass/fight/argue.

Last edited:

AlphaMale

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
EDIT: I answered your PM, this is my last post on this thread.

Also, I apologize I had the avatar thing wrong. I see now that is indeed your avatar. :smile:

Last edited:

Fleur

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And now you're using Mademoiselle Rouge's old avatar? :confused:

This is my avatar...always has been. It was never MR's avatar...it's me not MR.

MR has red hair. I have blonde hair...um...alright then.

Last edited:

SandraSmithCarver

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
So, my twin sis started dating a man who is very very wealthy. She did not know this until after a few weeks of dating him exclusively. She knew he did well for himself but didn't know he was a millionaire.

I started calling him Daddy Warbucks at all the things he was giving her (like a $50,000 check to take care of her finances like it was water)...she got upset with me. She told me he was just taking care of her within his means and he was her boyfriend.

Anyway, when dating, is financial security important? it did back when I was looking for a hubby
To what extent?

I would never date a guy just for his money but it is a powerful motivator for some women. Just like dick size is...to me, sucess is hot, not necessarily monetarily.

Would finding out your new boyfriend is loaded make you more attracted to him?
HELL YEAH!!!
EDIT: He is relatively her age, she's 25 (like me) and he's 32.
I grew up with an alcohilic father who coundt keep a job, and a mother that had a princess complezx and wouldnt work either,, so yeh, he's got to have security and be generous, now, no, not with my boy toys

big_tits4big_dicks

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And after that interesting turn of events....

Sounds like she scored! Haha, sometimes you meet a poor guy, sometimes you meet a rich guy. As long as she keeps her head on straight she should be fine. Wish I knew someone rich, I'm dying for my own fashion line. And boutique.

petite

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I know several people who are incredibly wealthy and you'd never know it. A lot of people who inherit their money are embarrassed and self-conscious of their wealth, not having earned it, and choose modest careers helping others. You'd be surprised at how many heirs and heiresses work for non-profit organizations.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know several people who are incredibly wealthy and you'd never know it. A lot of people who inherit their money are embarrassed and self-conscious of their wealth, not having earned it, and choose modest careers helping others. You'd be surprised at how many heirs and heiresses work for non-profit organizations.

OR who drive Jettas or "green" cars ....:wink:

dolfette

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is my avatar...always has been. It was never MR's avatar...it's me not MR.

MR has red hair. I have blonde hair...um...alright then.
i have some people on my ignore list for no other reason than that they're too stupid to talk to. :smile: