Suggestion for the 770 Trillion bailout

Discussion in 'Politics' started by bmw335, Oct 18, 2008.

1. bmw335

bmw335 New Member

Albums:
    Instead of making us pay $2,000 per person in taxes for the bailout why don't they scratch that and freeze the bank accounts of the Highest paids Executives from these companies that got in trouble in the first place. Freeze their accounts as well as the members from the House Finance Committee and Congress. Take what they need PLUS charge a 75% STATUS LUXURY TAX for a year on all celebrities and politicians. Celebrities make an ungodly amount of money and politicians seem to make these decisions that effect us. Why not turn it around that the small amount of society who is making ungodly amounts get hit for a year to make up the amount?

What do you think?

I'm not paying the extra $2,000 a year... why should I? The idiots in Congress/Senate can nod their heads and make a decision that effects us and not think of something better?

Btw, fire everyone involved.. Paulson, Frank, Dodds.. republicans democrats..

I know I would never do business with AIG... do they really think they will bring in business after they took advantage of the money that was awarded to them???

Think about all the celebrities that could willingly come together and raise the money but they won't, why... cuz they don't have the heart. Firemen and police risk their lives every day and don't get paid what they truly deserve. I say create a special tax on theses celebrities and make them chip in for once.

#1 bmw335, Oct 18, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2008
  2. Flashy

Gold Member

it's actually billion, not trillion :smile:

3. bmw335

bmw335 New Member

Albums:
    Thanks Flashy.... 770 Billion is still a lot of money which we shouldn't have to pay for. I think they should hit the ones who have the money to part with celebrities and politicians and billionaires! Special tax for "luxury and status"....

4. Domisoldo

Gold Member

Albums:
    I agree with you that executive compensation practices in the US are obscene and pose a threat to the credibility of the free enterprise model.

But guess how many Fortune 500 CEOs there are out there?

You guess right, there are only 500. Just call them lottery winners.

The fact is that the top 5% earners in the US already pay most of the FIT.

Millions of citizens eligible for the proposed Obama "tax cuts" are not paying any federal income tax today.

5. Nrets

Nrets Member

You know what they should really do?

They should give me one fifth of it and in return I will give every politician in Washington a 2 million dollar payoff to shut them up and then with the appoximate 10 billion left over, I would drop bricks of money out of airplanes at poor people and personally set up national healthcare. Then after that I would take the remaining billion or so and move to Argentina and sit on the Pampa drinking Gin and Juice in my Cadillac.

6. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

You hit the nail on the head, BMW. Celebrities provide us with entertainment and movies - beyond that they are embarrassing and uninformed, period. Exclamation point.

Just watch Ben Affleck on Bill Maher's show this week. He cuts everyone off, flipflops on everything he says, and dominates the panel with silly talking points.

They are talented at acting, but not impressive in any other subject matter.

Politicians are even worse. At least the moronic actors stay on one side of the fence. Politicians are puppets to the lobbyists and constituents.

Tax them. Tax them hard.

7. curious n str8

curious n str8 New Member

Albums:
    Yes tax them liberal hollywood types hard very hard then lets see how much they agree with Obama then. On another note why not just wipe out all interest debts pertaining the housing and banking markets. Setting up more realistic interest rates say 10%. Cut military spending by 30%. Haven't really heard of any money going into research of alternative energy yet. Fixing social security instead of raising the ages from 65 to 68 and then to 70 when life expediency is 75 in the US give or take a few yrs. Going with more world prices on prescription drugs and medical care. Putting more money towards US industry's and manufatoring. Building a better Rail and mass transit system. Of course rebuilding our electrical grids. Just to name a few. :feedback:

8. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    You forgot all the baseball players that live in tax free states as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted