Suggestions for a meal!

Acerola

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Didnt know where to put this.

If you wanted to treat someone who was going through a heavy time at the moment and just wanted to spoil a friend you feel deserved it by cooking them a nice but understated meal, what would you cook to have one chill out evening with a bit of wine?

Or conversely, what would you like cooked for you by a friend?

I want to spoil a friend but even though I always love cooking and usually russle something up for us whenever they're around and as a result, they have tasted all of my 'signature dishes' that I feel most confident with but I fancy breaking out of the foodie rut and trying something new for my own pleasure of cooking.

All suggestions welcome,(meat, spicy, plenty of veg etc) but please, nothing too ambitious or expensive, just good honest grub! :smile:

(wont be around to check this for a while but please keep the suggestions flowing, pretty please!)

Last edited:

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I make a meatloaf with ground sirloin, ground veal and ground sausage, and put a layer of Yorkshire pudding on the top. I slice potatoes very very thin and let them soak in salt water and cook them on a cookie sheet with olive oil Salt and Pepper in a VERY hot oven until crisp. Steamed green beans. If you can get your hands on fresh cherries ( a cherry pie) my secret is use instant tapioca instead of corn starch to set. Failing that anything chocolate is a crowd pleaser!
If this interests you let me know and I'll give your further instructions!

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ask the person what they would like. I don't care too much for lamb, so I would not like to be surprised with it for dinner.

You can't go wrong with a nice Chicken Parmesan with spaghetti and garlic bread, but it depends if the person likes Italian food.

transformer_99

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Pasta dishes are always a good safe meal with a bottle of wine.

Chicken Enchiladas, Stuffed Bell Peppers, Beef Stew, Beef Stroganoff, Chicken Cacciatore and Stuffed Pork Tenderloin as other suggestions ?

As for the lamb, Cordero de Cuba is a delicious dish too. The way I've had it served, it's more like a leg of lamb stew served over white rice. similar would be Rabo Escondido (Ox Tail) stew.

Looking at my post, damn, I'm all over the place on this and probably just confused you even more ?

got_lost

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Creamy Mashed potato, griddled chicken breast drizzled with butter and balsamic vinegar with very slow fried onions in butter and extra virgin olive oil

DaveyR

Retired Moderator
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Make a paste from pine nuts and stuffed olives in the blender. Slice chicken breasts and stuff them with the paste. Wrap the chicken breasts and put them in a baking tray and cover with chopped red/yellow peppers and olive oil. Cook on medium heat until the chicken is well cooked. Remove the chicken and put the residue in a blender with a shot of sweet sherry and a pot of cream. Blend together and pour into a saucepan and heat. This is a sweet pepper sauce which you pour over the chicken on the plate.

Serve with garlic and herb roast potatoes and Carrotts roasted in fresh cranberry juice and caramellised with brown sugar. Delicious !!

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Vela Parmesan is always good too.

One other of my favorites is Chicken Francese with rice pilaf.

Rikter8

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Did somebody say Comfort food? I'm all over that.

How about simple dishes

Crock Pot - Beef Stew or Roast. Cut up potatoes, throw in your onion-browned roast of stew meat, throw in a bag of baby carrots, salt, pepper, corn, 1 cup of water, and pop it on medium for 6 hours... Home cooked meal, easy and cheap.

Meat Balls and Gravy with Mashed Taters and asparagus
90% Ground beef, stuffing bread crumbs, little bit of onion, 1 egg. Mix in a bowl. Roll into balls, and fry in pan seasoned with fresh onion and oil. Brown balls. Throw in 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup (Wiggly Wiggly soup), 1 can of water and simmer. Mash your taters OR... dice up red skin taters and throw in some fresh butter and chives.

Baked Chicken Breast - seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic pepper OR... Lemon pepper chicken.

Baked Cod - with asparagus, or another veggie