Suicide banning ?

D_Fiona_Farvel

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am totally in the camp of have the self-control to not log in - ever, if necessary. However, if you were really planning to do it, the original message would have worked. :wink:

A coward's way out.
I agree!
Snoozan is the exception, though. Not only had DC Deep been banned without cause, but douchebags were making an issue of her having two accounts even though she had not used them simultaneously. Fuck them, btw.

snoozan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
thanks SA, but i've done the swan dive from here more than once so that would qualify me as a drama queen anyway, i think. :)

good to be back though.

D_Kaye Throttlebottom

Experimental Member
Media
Well Inc... what can I say? At least this draft of your thread purposefully asked people to comment and participate. Thank GOD, you didn't do a 'goodbye' forever post or do the typical get yourself banned post and leave a why did Incubus get banned thread in it's wake (so people comment on it anyway). This draft is subtle and gets the same point across by asking someone to 'splain it. I get the irony, truly I do.

I'm guessing you're wondering how long it will be before someone has to pontificate on this subject elsewhere, get pissed off and repeat cycle. Subtle, indeed, Inc. :|

But I still love ya - even if you take a hiatus for a few months. See you in the summertime.

righteous.

-Zoeweeee

camper joe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
thanks SA, but i've done the swan dive from here more than once so that would qualify me as a drama queen anyway, i think. :)

good to be back though.

Most Queens have facial hair, so you fit right in. :tongue::biggrin1:

Sometimes. But sometimes it's a way of making a point.

In the case with Snoozan, I would call her banning a Protest Banning.

Last edited:

Lex

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I wonder why no one ever posts a nude avatar in order to get purposely banned?

I wonder if the suicide bannings say as much about the inflexible rule (in existence at that point in time) that predetermines the poster's fate as the poster? Hmmm...

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
There have been a couple of people who deliberately got banned. The ToS clearly says that you can't have two accounts at once. It doesn't matter if you use them both or not. If you want one disabled, just let the mods know. It's not a big deal to switch accounts, especially if you are being stalked.

However, the nude avatar banning is a new thing, since I resigned my moderatorship.
When I was a mod, I used to send people with nude avatars a PM that the avatar was not allowed and then I would change it to one of the preloaded avatars on here.
Then the people could change it to a custom one that was not naked. Most people don't know about the rule, because they never read the ToS. I think that a polite message about what is allowed in avatars is all that's needed, because in most circumstances people would send me back a note saying they were sorry that they didn't know, then change it to something that would fit in the ToS. I don't like the new "zero tolerance" rule.