• is acceptable in extreme circumnstances

Votes: 23 47.9%

• Total voters

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
THere are different "flavors" of suicide.

I think that suicide is very destructive -- to the people left behind. Therefore I think it is reprehensible.

HOWEVER, if someone has a terminal disease and no longer wants to suffer the pain, I think that medical assisted suicide is kind. The person is going to die anyway, so why not die in the manner/style of one's choosing?

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
THere are different "flavors" of suicide.

I think that suicide is very destructive -- to the people left behind. Therefore I think it is reprehensible.

HOWEVER, if someone has a terminal disease and no longer wants to suffer the pain, I think that medical assisted suicide is kind. The person is going to die anyway, so why not die in the manner/style of one's choosing?

i agree . this thread is to discuss the topic not to judge people that do that or plan to do that.

unzipped

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I think it is very sad... in todays society there is a lot of help out there. Of coure, never one to have been at the edge or depths of despair to even consider it I definitely have no expertise in the subject. I just hope anyone that is in pain and hurting can find the help they need to continue on...
UZ

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Death, and especially suicide, is a very "sore subject" -- and there have been a number of suicide threads already here.

Some members are very touchy on the subject -- and I predict that there might be some flaming in this thread.

My advice, tallbig, is to not take whatever may come in this thread too personally.

And next time, do a little research ("using the "search" option above) before posting a new thread so that you know what has recently been discussed, so you can choose either (a) a different angle, or (b) choose a different subject.

Meantime, peace to you. :wink:

BigLittleMan

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
wow, deep subject.

it's very sad there are people who believe their lives are so bad they choose to end them. i have close friends and family i can share my troubles with and for that i am supremely thankful.

fyi: while females are five times more likely to attempt/threaten suidcide, males are four times more likely to actually do it. if you know a guy who even mentions it, do not ignore it--he needs help.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Death, and especially suicide, is a very "sore subject" -- and there have been a number of suicide threads already here.

Some members are very touchy on the subject -- and I predict that there might be some flaming in this thread.

My advice, tallbig, is to not take whatever may come in this thread too personally.

And next time, do a little research ("using the "search" option above) before posting a new thread so that you know what has recently been discussed, so you can choose either (a) a different angle, or (b) choose a different subject.

Meantime, peace to you. :wink:

thanks fo the advise and maybe a should stop to creating so many threads too . it just the this weekend iam bore and like to kill time reading people opinions of subjects. Many people here are very intelligent and is reflected in their answers

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
thanks fo the advise and maybe a should stop to creating too many threads too . it just the this weekend iam bore and like to kill time reading people opinions of subjects. Many people here are very intelligent and is reflected in their answers

I know, I was the same way when I joined. :wink:

You could also try going in the chat room, or searching old threads and bringing them "back to life" (by posting a new answer in them).

Good luck - you're a good person. :smile::wink:

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't think so.
depression ia a real mental sickness those whose suffer that desease have not control of it. is basically a hereditary condition . iam not saying that all people that commit suicide suffer from depression but many do

Media
Had a friend commit suicide but it wasn't her choice. Think it was her caregivers fault because mental meds can cause you to commit suicide. Don't remember the fancy name for the dreaded meds but they cause hallucinations, which drove her to hang herself.

B_tallbig

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Had a friend commit suicide but it wasn't her choice. Think it was her caregivers fault because mental meds can cause you to commit suicide. Don't remember the fancy name for the dreaded meds but they cause hallucinations, which drove her to hang herself.

i know that i have a family member that suffer from depression but she is okay with meds is stable . several years ago try to end her life . people dont understand what depression is about . is a serious condition

B_Italian1

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's sad that people are so desperate for relief from their pain that they would kill themselves. I've known two people who have done it. One overdosed on pills and the other shot himself in the head. I've also known two murder/suicides. In each case the husband shot his wife and then himself. There were children left behind in both of those cases which made it all the worse. It is a choice, an unfortunate one, and when you're in that state of mind you're not thinking of the devastation you're leaving behind.