Suicide

IntoxicatingToxin

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I just checked my ex into the hospital today. All joking aside. He was having suicidal thoughts, was depressed, battles alcoholism, and I'm really glad he's getting help. He explained that he felt like there was not another option... and he even grazed his wrists with a knife a few times (nothing serious, just nicks)

This is a pretty touchy subject for me- especially today.... because it just hit home as of 5:30 this morning... and has been something I've dealt with hands on for the past 14 hours or so.

I should probably skip this thread for a few days and stick to the funny ones.

Sigh.

Good luck with him! It's a scary freakn thing... I'm glad he's getting help as well! My heart always breaks when I hear about someone committing suicide, I don't care who they are.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I am stunned by a lot of the cavalier attitude of many in this thread regarding the matters of suicide and mental illness. I am glad some people "get it" but more often than not, shit flies over people's heads.

A judgmental question is still a question and it is still judgmental.

I recommend educating yourself on the topic of suicide and mental illness.

UGH.

I will apologize if I was one of those people Lex.

I was trying to be as open to seeing both sides as possible, but trust me, suicide is nothing I take lightly. Think_Kink has further strengthened my knowledge on this subject through her sharing of incidents and Meg has taken it even further today.

My apologies if I came across as trite on this issue.

THEEman

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
he agreed to get psychiatric help so, its a step foward. its hard to look at it as a friend and a cousin. I dunno I am kind of over this thread, I appreciate the intriguing topics that have been going on back and forth, and you guys can continue to do so, but I need to look more at the real world of things so (hopefully) I won't respond to this thread. its different when events start to happen in real time so-to-speak.

to SexandCandy its weird how this and your problem coincided on the same date, and we sort of have the same mentality about it

thanks everyone for the input and time that you put into it, but like I said real life is real, internet is just the internet so I need to focus more on the problem with him.

I dunno if you guys are going to get it or not

OKFarmer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My mother-in-law attempted it last year and holds the record for highest dose of zyprexa swallowed, but unfortunately its not directly lethal. She called the other day just before I had to go to school and threatened to try again. I thought to myself... don't tease me bitch. Some people just can't do anything right :(

SexandCandy

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Good luck with him! It's a scary freakn thing... I'm glad he's getting help as well! My heart always breaks when I hear about someone committing suicide, I don't care who they are.

He was, like you said... Parasuicidal or dramacidal... but it was a cry for help, nonetheless. I'm happy to say he's in a mental health facility actively talking to counselors....

Draconis71

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Hell, know a few times, when I was living at my parents, and I was in rough shape, my dear mom had this wierd question for me...
Stated that I wasn't the worst off, many kids over-seas had it worse than me, and if I supported Youth in Asia.

B_mylipswet

Experimental Member
Media
In your mind until you meet me eye to eye if you d
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Although your post was made quite some time ago. I really related to it as I have a soldier who threatened suicide after we were on line lovers and as he began distancing himself prior to deployment. He seemed to need some space. I resumed and he began posting wild status messages on his page that were very tragic. I understood the level of his stress when I was alerted "He is Dead". I pushed aside my pride and contacted him. Of course I told him I loved him very much. It worked and he seemed alot better. It definately makes sense to me. I indured his abusive behavior but, my reassuring him worked so well. It was worth swallowing my pride. I only hope he returns the same person.

The woman came from a man's rib, not from his feet to be walked on, not from his head to be superior, but from the side to be equal, under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved.

suprdave

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
everyone may have an opinion, but most of you have never been in a situation where you felt you had nowhere to turn, where your life had been ruined.if you try to talk to someone about it you know others will find out and tease you, say cruel things about you, say it was your fault. at the same time in another situation where you tried as hard as you could to please your father, you focused all you attention, you stayed up late at night trying to think of ways to make him happy, to feel the least little bit of love, a hint maybe that he cared. only to be screamed at and punched because you pissed him off.

tell me what you would do in a situation like that.

where your being abused one way by your father, and another way by a relative and there is no end in sight, and its getting worse.

the pussy way out is starting to look a little better isnt it.

so you try the "pussy way out" but, you dont really want to die, you just want the abuse to stop and you end up screwing that up. now it gets real bad, they know what you did so they threaten your life, they practically kill you, but, you dont go to the hospital cause someone might find out your being abused. you recover somewhat and makke a second attempt, you just cant go on like this, your going to do it right this time, at the very second i was going to end it all a kid that abused me in high school shows up with the same plan and changed my life, i just cant do anything right can i?

things got better, i started enjoying life it was a very emotional time, however, as my life would only have it that person was killed in an accident. so here i sit, reading everyones thoughts and it like 30 yrs just flashed before my eyes and wondering if it wouldnt have been better to have just taken the pussy way out a long long time ago.

sorry for the long post, it has been the hardest thing i have ever done, but i felt i needed to get it done, but hey, i didnt actually take he pusssy way out, yet.

please, please,before you hurry to judge another persons life, try to find out exactly what that persons life is like.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I've never been in this situation, Everyone has high and low points in their lives and with my own, during low periods I've gone to bed figuring out a plan to improve the situation.
Having not been there, I think that often it may take more courage to face another day and go on with life.
The only example I can think of is Adolph Hitler and Eva Braun took the pussy way out.

Smartalk

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I attempted to take my own life 5 years ago; I like many of you was of the opinion that it was the easy way out, not any more. We can all try and imagine what it would be like and what we would do in any given situation. The answer to that is we don't. It is only when we face a given situation for real, do we find out how we really react, I think most of you would be surprised.

I was in a situation that made me think and feel that the thought of death was far less than facing the problems I had. Yes some may say that’s the "cowards way out" Life is very precious, but when one finds themselves in that situation, that no longer matters. On the night I attempted suicide I was very calm, as I had found a solution to my problem, very soon my problems would be no more. I waited until all my family were in bed and settle, I then sat down and wrote a letter to my family saying how sorry I was for doing this and that I loved them all dearly, but I could see no alternative solution to my problem only this.

Having completed my letter I gathered a lethal does of pills and took them all. I then went to bed and lay down to go to sleep. It doesn't take me long for me to drift off to sleep, and to me it would just be as simple as that. Only for being a very warm night my wife was very restless, due to the heat, which prevented me drifting off to sleep. It was only when I began to vomit did my wife realise something was seriously wrong and called the emergency services. I can now say thankfully, they arrived just in time.

The main thing that I have come to realise and accept is that nothing in this life is insurmountable. Although it may seem so at that time, when your in that deep dark void of despair not knowing what to do, where to turn, who can help. You realise, that for once you appear to have lost all control of your life, your rational reasoning, thoughts of what impact it will have on your love ones and friends don’t have a place in that void. You can only see one definite solution to your problem, at that stage you will grasp at anything, a very simple and sound solution and that is death.

When I recovered I still had my problems to face not an easy or pleasant time, but I did, now I look back and realise, I am a better person having faced, fought and conquered, that which I once saw as a totally an insurmountable problem.
It has given me a greater understanding of life, broadened my range of coping mechanisms. I also see life and the meaning of life from a far different perspective, and know people who attempt suicide are desperate and are not taking the “Pussy Way Out” Those who threaten suicide very rearly do and are asking for help, but don't know how too and to whom.