Summer Fling

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by staceygirl, Jun 4, 2009.

1. staceygirl

staceygirl New Member

Summer is here. Yea!

So my GFs and I were disagreeing over margaritas over definition ofsummer fling. What do you consider a summer fling? And then is sex (all the way /4th/intercourse) a requirement in your definition? Have you ever had a summer fling? Or think about it?

2. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

How old are you? who describes sex as 4th base after the age of 12?

3. sxy_vince

sxy_vince Member

Do you have a personality disorder? Who gets upset about a benign and obvious term like "4th base" unless they are severely lacking in social skills?

4. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

2 actually. Borderline and Avoidant. I don't lack in social skills. I lack in putting up with peoples stupidity, I also point out under agers and fakes very quickly.

I'm not upset, you read too far into things, maybe you need to take an internet chill pill and read up on what could happen if there is underage children on the site.

5. TheRob

Gold Member

Albums:
    you did have a sort of a posting tone
    but honestly the idea of a summer fling....I don't care for

6. sxy_vince

sxy_vince Member

I will give you credit for being honest. Its interesting that you acknowledge being Borderline and Avoidant and yet also claim that you do not lack social skills. I understood that they pretty much go hand in hand (esp. Avoidant).

I wasn't reading too much into this particular post. I looked at a number of your other posts before asking my question.

I have some doubts about whether your actions do much to prevent the problems associated with underage children being on the site. I suspect you are just using that as an excuse to rationalise aggressive behaviour. However, I do agree that exploitation of underage children via the internet is very sad and should be prevented wherever possible.

I have a few questions:
    1. Do you act the same way towards people in "real life" (ie face to face) that you do online?
    2. What is the payoff for you when you criticise or attack someone (ie is it a release of tension from anger built up? ... do you get satisfaction from the act of criticising? ... do you get satisfaction from imagining the person feeling worse about themself?)

I am genuinely interested in what goes through the head of someone who has a personality disorder. I don't really get it because I really don't like hurting other peoples' feelings ... so such behaviour is something that intrigues me.

7. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

*drags the thread back on track*

In my opinion, a summer fling can be a number of things. Just as long as it only happens over the summer. In my head, the definition of a summer fling is just that - something that happens only in summer. Whether that means falling in love and then going your separate ways, or participating in a sex-only relationship.

Out of respect to the OP, maybe Think_Kink and sxy_vince could take your conversation about personality disorders to PM's please?

8. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Um, I think you're a moron and I don't care who's feelings I hurt, this is the internet. Have tough skin or log off. That's not a borderline thing, that's a reality thing.

Do yourself a favor and google Borderline and Avoidant. I think that should be good enough for your mind to cope with.

9. funtimeinbed

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    summer flings are nice when you are single, but once you are in a relationship the summer fling just goes away. last summer fling was a couple of summers ago, it ended when i became involved in a relationship and its still going so no summer flings for me

10. likesnewthings

i say somebody's pecker has to get in somebody's twat. maybe half a dozen times. then you don't really associate with that person for at least half a dozen years after the summer is over. yes, i've had several between ages 17-24.

11. staceygirl

staceygirl New Member

Thanks for the replies.

I think I finally figured out what reeeaaaallly defines it for me. Of course summertime. Yes, sex and more than one night stand. Key is this. Going into the fling relationship the expectation or plan so to speak is that it can't go on after school starts back. Can bc of prior relationship for one or other or distance or choice but u know going in that it is shortterm. So not many have had one huh?

12. Principessa

Gold Member

I grew up on the Jersey Shore. There are a few different definitions depending upon who you ask.
    • For some it's any relationship between a local and a bennie (seasonal renter, tourist, shoebie, etc).
    • IMO, Once over the legal age of consent a summer fling must include full penetrative sex. It's not a fling if there's no sex.
    • Duration of said summer fling is up for discussion. I vote for at least a week where you see each other every day or night and fuck like bunnies. :biggrin1:
    • A summer fling must occur between Memorial Day and Labor Day. I know the summer solstice isn't until June, but in resort towns summer starts Memorial Day weekend. :cool:
    • If you have to ask what a summer fling is, then you haven't had one. :no:
    I grew up 'down the shore,' , of course I have had a summer fling. :yup: I thought it was mandatory in New Jersey. :wink:

13. Wish-4-8

Gold Member

Summer lovin', happen so fast...

Oh those summer nights...

14. shaguar

shaguar Member

It's not a summer fling without DVP.

15. kazooplayer

kazooplayer New Member

Lol.

16. GayJapan

GayJapan Member

I met this Australian girl at the beach, her name was Sandy..... oh those summer nights!

Dammit, posted before I checked the link above. I guess I am not as 'original' as i thought.

#16 GayJapan, Jun 11, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2009
Draft saved Draft deleted