Summer Vacations; where are you headed?

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I just booked my flights and accommodation to the Cote Vermeille in Languedoc-Rousillon in the south west of France on the med.

I'll be staying in this beautiful picture postcard Catalan speaking village of Collioure between Perpignan and the Spanish border, I have taken a gorgeous little apartment right on the rocks by the beach for two weeks. I'm literally ecstatic tbh, I love to travel and it's been a while since I was in the south of France.

Mind you booking the accommodation reminded me how incredibly rude the French can be if you don't speak French or speak it poorly. I speak other languages well, my French has always been poor, but I have a good accent, I'm a little shocked they were quite that intolerant, but never mind I'll have a wonderful time anyway :biggrin1:

The region produces some of the most famous wines in the world, the food will be exquisite, and the place look beautiful.... I'm wishing the next month and a half away now. :biggrin1:

So where are you all off to on your summer holidays?

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Sounds great Hil. I rode through there on the way to Barcelona in 2006. We didn't spend any time but the scenery was exquisite. Lucky you!

I'll be on the west coast of Canada for three weeks, then back to work for a few days before heading to Amalfi and S. France in September.

Late Sept/October I'll be driving the Black Sea coast of Turkiye with my daughter. Which is just gonna be the best thing ever!

Pandora77

Cherished Member
Gold
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Probably south of Austria to visit my family. But I'd much rather fly to Orlando/Florida to visit my good friend Juan Pablo for some good cocktails and some good sex :wink:

D_Jared Padalicki

Account Disabled
Media
I'm off this sunday to Italy. A week at Lago di Garda and a week at the coast of Toscane to visit cities like Pisa, Firenze, San Gimignano, Vinci, ...
We'll rent some Vespa's to drive around the Lago for a day.

And Hilaire, Perpigan and the area around is nice to visit, and if you can, go more inlands and visit Carcasonne.

nubian

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Washington (Washington, D.C., United States)
Verification
View
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I'm off this sunday to Italy. A week at Lago di Garda and a week at the coast of Toscane to visit cities like Pisa, Firenze, San Gimignano, Vinci, ...

And Hilaire, Perpigan and the area around is nice to visit, and if you can, go more inlands and visit Carcasonne.

Sounds amazing. Take me with you!

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media

Ah yeah, I finally broke my Italian addiction this year for France, you'll have such a beautiful time.

I have friends in Carcassonne, I'll probably pay them a visit, I'm also looking forward to spending some time in Elne, the old capital before Perpignan became the capital of the Kingdom of Majorca.

Last edited:

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I have had to realign everything this year. I took some time in late April to early May and have plans on spending September in the homeland.

Who here will be in Albania at that time?

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
No real plans this year, but I do plan several day trips, to the Derbyshire Peak District (Kinder Scout especially), assuming my back will hold up (I am off to Matlock Bath area this Saturday as it happens), and the UK East Coast, (Skegness / Mablethorpe areas), to do a bit of classic slot machine hunting, to add to my collection.

That, and I also have a wedding to attend, on Aug 6th @ Loughborough.

Whilst talking about machines, I may need someone's help, translating some questions to Spanish, as if I find this one particular machine I am after, they no longer operate in the UK (BGT / British Gaming Technology), but their parent company is Cirsa in Spain, so may need some spare parts.

Attachments

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I have had to realign everything this year. I took some time in late April to early May and have plans on spending September in the homeland.

Who here will be in Albania at that time?

I wont, but I hear incredible things about how spectacularly beautiful Albania is, and how untouched by tourism etc. I'm sure you'll have an amazing time.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Mind you booking the accommodation reminded me how incredibly rude the French can be if you don't speak French or speak it poorly. I speak other languages well, my French has always been poor, but I have a good accent, I'm a little shocked they were quite that intolerant

Try fecking living there!! :rolleyes:

So where are you all off to on your summer holidays?

I'm here already. Sunny Charlotte, NC - home of the greatest attraction in the world (for me), the artist formerly known as HickBoy. And this weekend we're heading up the mountains on a camping trip - there will be fishing and rafting and outdoor cooking and f-f-f-f-fun! :biggrin:

I'll be spending a little time in your home town too :smile:

fratpack

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
for most of the summer, i'l be at my family's summer home....otherwise i will be in another state of mind....a pleasant one.