Summer Vacations; where are you headed?

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The plans posted earlier have changed. As of tomorrow morning I am riding a motorcycle from Bodrum on the Aegean Sea to the northeast corner of Turkey and along the Black Sea coast. If there is time, we'll go into Georgia as well. Then circle back down through Van, Hatay and back along the south coast.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The plans posted earlier have changed. As of tomorrow morning I am riding a motorcycle from Bodrum on the Aegean Sea to the northeast corner of Turkey and along the Black Sea coast. If there is time, we'll go into Georgia as well. Then circle back down through Van, Hatay and back along the south coast.
I have always wondered what the Black Sea coast of Turkey looks like. Tbh, I`m not a huge fan of the Black Sea, well not the part in Bulgaria. I found it quite strange when I saw corn almost growing on the beach, and the climate is continental.
I would really like to hear about your impression of the Turkish area.
Edit- the color of the sea and also the level of salt in The black sea are just not enough for someone who spent most of his summer on the coast of the Adriatic sea:)

Last edited:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Google it. It's mountainous and verdant with tea plantations, lakes, waterfalls, glaciers, etc. I am told there are no beaches to speak of, so the sea itself is not the attraction. The scenery, the culture, food, wildness and cool summer weather are.

Attachments

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Oh I've never been on a true road trip like that, with no particular destination in mind, I'd love to do that. :redface:

My ex and I used to do that all the time, sometimes just a long day trip, sometimes overnights, sometimes longer.

I spent 11 day with my parents in the Berkshires at the end of July. They experienced a heat wave making it hotter there than FtL, which was really odd. Overall, I'm still processing the experience of reconnecting with my parents after so many years, as it was neither terrible nor fabulous.

I had a friend in Paris whose mother had a house in Collioure, and I spent a week there in 1993. The scenery, food, sea and company were all wonderful: it remains one of the top five vacations I've ever taken.

The French remain belligerently anti-Anglophone? Color me étonné, mon ami à moi :wink: My first six months living in Paris were spent with my partner vigorously correcting every fucking sound that came out of my mouth until all traces of accent were banished. To this day, 19 years since he's died, I astonish French tourists with an implausibly-perfect accent :cool:

B_blueonblue1964

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
A word about road trips------After reading Jack Kerouac's On The Road (when I was in my early 20s), I traveled cross country one summer. All the way on Route 66 (ended up at the Santa Monica Beach). Traveled back home (East Coast) a few months later. Then, that fall, did the trip again. Ended up staying in Los Angeles throughout most of the 1990s. Met movie stars, partied with the best (and worst) of them, had more sex than most men could imagine, and lived the free-spirited, bohemian lifestyle for nearly 10 years. All because of a book, a whim, and a road trip. Ah, I miss my youth:rolleyes:

Last edited:

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
My ex and I used to do that all the time, sometimes just a long day trip, sometimes overnights, sometimes longer.
Hey I use to do the same thing with my ex. Some of our favorite times were just meandering around the Yakima valley or BC country roads. I love the little thrills of the unknown and unexpected vistas or cafes or weird mailboxes. Just letting it happen. Thinking about it, that is pretty much how I always vacation or travel.

Last year I actually closed my eyes and stuck a pin in a map to decide where to go. The first try I hit Belarus, which was like "no thanks" and so I cheated and went again. I got lucky with Killarney and that was a great place to get lost in for four days.

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Hey I use to do the same thing with my ex. Some of our favorite times were just meandering around the Yakima valley or BC country roads. I love the little thrills of the unknown and unexpected vistas or cafes or weird mailboxes. Just letting it happen. Thinking about it, that is pretty much how I always vacation or travel.

Last year I actually closed my eyes and stuck a pin in a map to decide where to go. The first try I hit Belarus, which was like "no thanks" and so I cheated and went again. I got lucky with Killarney and that was a great place to get lost in for four days.

Those trips are (practically) the only good memories I keep from what was, mostly, a nine-year ordeal :rolleyes:

The funny thing was that, despite all the traveling we did, he was a terrible tourist: if anything unpredictable or unexpected turned up, he couldn't cope and would fall to pieces. Our one trip to France was a colossal failure as we were living it, but he raved about how great it was the minute we got back.

Hippie Hollow Girl

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
My hubby and I are heading over to Sunny Isles, Florida to our favorite beach the last week of September. September the 23rd thru October the 1st. Haulover Beach which is a clothing optional beach. Would love to meet some LPSG members if any are in the area, just to hang out with. (Platonic hanging out only) Volleyball would be fun. Let me know if anyone would like to meet up and hang out there with us.