Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Does anyone have the keys for "Super Mario Theme" Harmonica? i've searched just about everywhere, then I thought "hmmm, Lpsg users seem to always find things so maybe they can help me :biggrin1:" I play the Honer (Hot metal) C harp

Hope you can find it for me, Thank ya'll!!! ~B~

StormyB

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
C, F, G7, C
C, F, Aflat7-G7, C

I have a pretty good transcribing ear if you want me to mail you a fake sheet (melody and chord-symbols).

Wow, yes that would be awesome! and I don't want to ask for too much, but do you mind putting it in the 12345678910 (-) 12345678910 mode (-) being 'draw' breath? If not than its ok I would still love to have your sheet because I over think the notes too much to play by ear :tongue: Thank you crescendo!

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Wait what would the key matter if you are going to transpose it anyway to fit the key of your harmonica.

I dont understand your question. Do you want the chords in the key of C for the Super Mario Bros theme? Or are you looking for the melody line written in music notation?

We definitely need a Tech forum in here imo - for gaming, pcs, cars and other gadgets :D

StormyB

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Wait what would the key matter if you are going to transpose it anyway to fit the key of your harmonica.

I dont understand your question. Do you want the chords in the key of C for the Super Mario Bros theme? Or are you looking for the melody line written in music notation?
The key is really no importance to me atm I just want to have the layout for the song "harmonica style" like wise... (I found it:biggrin1:)
Song:-7 -7 -7 6 -7 -8 5
6 -4 -3 5 -5 -5 5
-4 -7 -8 8 7 -8 -7 6 -6 5
6 -4 -3 5 -5 -5 5
-8 -8 7 -6 -7 -4 5 6 5 6 -6
-8 -8 7 -6 -7 9 9 9
-7 -6 6
6 6 6 6 -6 -7 6 5 -4
6 6 6 6 -6 -7
6 6 6 6 -6 -7 6 5 -4
-7 -7 -7 6 -7 -8 5

StormyB

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
This is not the usual mouth organ the group it about now is it?

HuH? I'm sry I just don't get your question
Are you asking what kind of harp I play?
I play on a "Honer (Hot Metal) -C" harmonica I also own the Special 20 "in the same note" harp but I rarley use it because i'm mostly practicing when i'm playing...

crescendo69

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Ok, I found my manuscript paper, if you still need me.

Is this the piece? Super Mario Bros - Theme Soundtrack - Video

If you want it mailed, leave a mailing address in my mailbox. It shouldn't take more than an hour to transcribe. Sorry I don't completely understand the harmonica nomenclature.

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The key is really no importance to me atm I just want to have the layout for the song "harmonica style" like wise... (I found it:biggrin1:)
Song:-7 -7 -7 6 -7 -8 5
6 -4 -3 5 -5 -5 5
6 -4 -3 5 -5 -5 5
-8 -8 7 -6 -7 9 9 9
-7 -6 6
6 6 6 6 -6 -7 6 5 -4
6 6 6 6 -6 -7
6 6 6 6 -6 -7 6 5 -4
-7 -7 -7 6 -7 -8 5

Oh I get it. The number represents the scale degree on the harmonica. The minus or lack of minus determines whether you suck or blow. (I know, that sounds funny)

I dont mean to clown you dude, but if you need notation for that, you need to spend more time on the instrument. I dont see how you could not get that by ear alone, and I dont even play the harmonica. Not to brag, but I could probably figure that out in 5 minutes tops.

StormyB

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Oh I get it. The number represents the scale degree on the harmonica. The minus or lack of minus determines whether you suck or blow. (I know, that sounds funny)

I dont mean to clown you dude, but if you need notation for that, you need to spend more time on the instrument. I dont see how you could not get that by ear alone, and I dont even play the harmonica. Not to brag, but I could probably figure that out in 5 minutes tops.

Different people play it different ways, some better than others. I don't want to guess by ear, I want a solid sheet so that I know I have it right. I don't know if you can guess it by ear or not, but i'm willing to guess you are full of bs b/c if you could figure it out in 5mins then you could have written the sheet for me, talk is cheap "not trying to be rude or anything " :rolleyes:

P.S (you don't want to go there with me)

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Different people play it different ways, some better than others. I don't want to guess by ear, I want a solid sheet so that I know I have it right. I don't know if you can guess it by ear or not, but i'm willing to guess you are full of bs b/c if you could figure it out in 5mins then you could have written the sheet for me, talk is cheap "not trying to be rude or anything " :rolleyes:

P.S (you don't want to go there with me)
Maybe I sounded a bit arrogant and I apologize for that. People learn at different rates and in different ways. I have doing music most of my life so it is like breathing to me. I sometimes forget that not everyone has the same experiance. But...

The reason I am able to figure stuff out, by ear, is because I used to do it a lot. It is a skill. You put on your favorite song and try to duplicate what you hear. You do it over and over until you get it. Then the next song is easier. And the next, and the next. After a few years, you could almost nail something after hearing it once of twice. In some cases, even elabotate on it and make it better. And in others, I had to not only play it back, but harmonize that melody line a thrid up, or down. All in real time.

I have messed around with a harmonica. Even the ones with the chromatic shift key.

One of the instruments that I play is guitar. I could pluck out the Marios theme melody right now. But that is not good guitar playing. I have to incorporate chords, rhythm, and basically create an arrangement. That is more difficult to do and takes time. Especially to make it unique. For that, it is interesting to see sheet music and see what someone else has done.

And whats with the threats?

StormyB

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Maybe I sounded a bit arrogant and I apologize for that. People learn at different rates and in different ways. I have doing music most of my life so it is like breathing to me. I sometimes forget that not everyone has the same experiance. But...

The reason I am able to figure stuff out, by ear, is because I used to do it a lot. It is a skill. You put on your favorite song and try to duplicate what you hear. You do it over and over until you get it. Then the next song is easier. And the next, and the next. After a few years, you could almost nail something after hearing it once of twice. In some cases, even elabotate on it and make it better. And in others, I had to not only play it back, but harmonize that melody line a thrid up, or down. All in real time.

I have messed around with a harmonica. Even the ones with the chromatic shift key.

One of the instruments that I play is guitar. I could pluck out the Marios theme melody right now. But that is not good guitar playing. I have to incorporate chords, rhythm, and basically create an arrangement. That is more difficult to do and takes time. Especially to make it unique. For that, it is interesting to see sheet music and see what someone else has done.

And whats with the threats?

See, if you would have shared your information in a more respectable tone "like your comment above" then I would have taken you more seriously. You came off as..well a "dick" to be honest, and I hate people like that. I understand now that maybe it came out wrong, just be careful how you talk to people. See with your musical bg I imagine it's like blinking to you, but I just started playing instruments 4-5yrs ago and harmonica not even a year ago, so be nice to us "newbs" we just don't get it yet ya know? I also apologize for my previous comment, it came from a false assumption so it wasn't an attack on you but on the personallity I placed with you. I also play Ocarina, Piano, alittle sax and a very tiny amount of guitar "a strummer" so i'm getting there :tongue:

And that wasn't a threat, it was a warning and it still stands strong to anyone who reads it...you know what, maybe I will put that in my sigg. Yep i'm going to put that in my sigg. to warn the world because i'm such a kind person :smile:

Wish-4-8

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No harm done. Im the a-hole because you were asking for help and instead of helping, I criticized. And I hate it when people do that here and now I'm doing it.

I did get to learn about harmonica notation which is cool. Thanks.