Supercision?

Sashka: All his life, at least since he was old enough to know the difference, my husband had thought he had a botched circumcision. That's what his father told him because he didn't know either. Well, since having our son (not circ'ed, though I didn't really know the difference at the time - phew!), I've been doing research on the subject. One day I came upon something I had never heard of before - supercision. I looked at the pictures... they were very familiar somehow. The article said that supercision is a common custom in many place, including the Philippines... where my husband was born. Huh. Whaddaya know. So I mentioned this to him when he came home from work, and he just sort of stared at me :blink: and said, "Get me the phone." Had to call his parents, lol, but they didn't know any more than they told him when he was a little boy. His mother is the Filipino one, so she wasn't really versed in the Filipino traditions of circumcision. It was rather a strange thing to find out about his own penis at 26 years old, but at least he is well-adjusted enough that he just laughed when I said "So you know what this means, don't you? You're super-cised." :D

So, is anyone here supercised, or do you know anything about it? Have you had one and gotten it surgically altered? (it can go either way, you can cut it all off or repair it, since all of the foreskin is still there) I'm just curious. All my life I've thought you're either circ'ed or you're not, I didn't know there any other options.

~Sashka

Mr._dB

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by Sashka@Feb 2 2005, 11:12 AM
All his life, at least since he was old enough to know the difference, my husband had thought he had a botched circumcision. That's what his father told him because he didn't know either. Well, since having our son (not circ'ed, though I didn't really know the difference at the time - phew!), I've been doing research on the subject. One day I came upon something I had never heard of before - supercision. I looked at the pictures... they were very familiar somehow. The article said that supercision is a common custom in many place, including the Philippines... where my husband was born. Huh. Whaddaya know. So I mentioned this to him when he came home from work, and he just sort of stared at me :blink: and said, "Get me the phone." Had to call his parents, lol, but they didn't know any more than they told him when he was a little boy. His mother is the Filipino one, so she wasn't really versed in the Filipino traditions of circumcision. It was rather a strange thing to find out about his own penis at 26 years old, but at least he is well-adjusted enough that he just laughed when I said "So you know what this means, don't you? You're super-cised." :D

So, is anyone here supercised, or do you know anything about it? Have you had one and gotten it surgically altered? (it can go either way, you can cut it all off or repair it, since all of the foreskin is still there) I'm just curious. All my life I've thought you're either circ'ed or you're not, I didn't know there any other options.

~Sashka
[post=279564]Quoted post[/post]​

Is this similar to a "dorsal slit"?

Sashka: Yeah, same idea. Just a slice down the top of the foreskin and the skin ends up hanging below the penis.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
I don't know how common it is outside of the South Pacific, but it's a "light" circumcision.

Sashka: New Circ-Lite, with half the calories of a normal Circ!.

He had a girlfriend (ok, a fuck buddy) years ago that was obsessed with foreskins and would always stretch and inspect his because it was such an oddity.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by DoubleMeatWhopper@Feb 8 2005, 06:32 PM
While at McDonald's in Manila, I will be careful not to say, "Super-size me!"  :eek:
[post=281274]Quoted post[/post]​
Don't worry; I'm pretty sure the words don't sound alike in Tagalog.

You should avoid super-sizing at any McDonald's anyway. It's financially a good deal, but it's also a quick route to a triple bypass.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
Originally posted by surferboy@Feb 9 2005, 09:22 AM
I don't get it. Like, I can't get a visual. What's a "dorsal slit"?
[post=281401]Quoted post[/post]​

Here's an illustration that may clear your fog, Nix.

The second figure is of a dorsal slit.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by Pecker+Feb 9 2005, 09:47 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pecker &#064; Feb 9 2005, 09:47 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-surferboy@Feb 9 2005, 09:22 AM
I don&#39;t get it. Like, I can&#39;t get a visual. What&#39;s a "dorsal slit"?
[post=281401]Quoted post[/post]​

Here&#39;s an illustration that may clear your fog, Nix.

The second figure is of a dorsal slit.
[post=281404]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Another reason why I love Pecker - he&#39;s full of the most excellent info. What&#39;s the point of a dorsal slit though?

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The typical phimotic ring is tightest at the front, near the tip of the foreskin on the upper side of the foreskin, thus a dorsal slit is needed to cure this. A slit ventrally would not relieve the restriction, simply because underneath the foreskin is not tight at the front.

There are two primary sorts of dorsal slit: -- the "traditional" cut through both the inner and outer foreskin; and modern plastic surgery on the inner foreskin: the simplest form of which is a long slit sewed together wide.

It is said that the dorsal slit leads to untidy results:- The traditional cut because of the flaps or the accumulation of surplus skin bunched up under the glans in the frenulum area.- The plastic method because the dorsal side of the foreskin becomes shorter, while the ventral side remains long.

courtesy a quick google search

eight_on_cam2000: I did a little net-searching and found the following info:

Supercision in the Philippines

The Bontoc Igorot people live in the north of Luzon island in the Philippines. Most boys are cut at from 4 to 7 years of age, privately without feasting or rite. One or two old men in each village understand how to do it, and the only formality is payment of a few leaves of tobacco to the operator. The foreskin is cut lengthwise on the upper side for half an inch. Either a sharp blade-like piece of bamboo is inserted in the foreskin which is cut from the inside, or the backpoint of a battle-axe is stuck firmly in the earth and the foreskin is cut by being drawn over the sharp point of the blade.

The origin of the operation is not known, [and is apparently unconnected with Islamic or other religious observance] but the people say that unless the foreskin is cut it will grow long &#39;like an unclipped vine&#39; (Jenks 1905: 63).

Negrito lads acquire scar designs on their arms and chests during adolescence, made by rubbing ashes into little cuts in the skin. Part of the ceremonial requires the boy himself to go out alone, thrust the end of his hunting knife beneath his foreskin, and give it a sharp blow with a piece of wood. After that his mother no longer requires him to do household tasks and he is considered a man in the group.

In Cebu the boys are aged 9-11 when they are supercised. A sliver of bamboo is used as a striking base over which the foreskin is stretched; onto this a knife blade is pressed hard. Coconut powder is used to cover the wound and the boys bathe in the sea daily until healing is complete. The whole procedure lacks either religious or secular ritual but is done very much at the boys&#39; request. Men who have not been supercised are called pisut, meaning cowardly and lacking cleanliness. A girl who found that her fiance had not been supercised would encourage him to have it done and might break up the relationship if her suggestion was not followed. The reasons given by girls to explain the importance of supercision include:

(1) it is a Christian custom;

(2) it makes a man complete, a he-man, not a coward, not sissy;

(3) it is healthy and lessens susceptibility to cancer of the genitals;

(4) it hastens physical growth;

(5) if not done, a man is dirty and smells bad;

(6) it improves sexual pleasure and satisfaction because the operation makes &#39;it&#39; bigger and fuller;

(7) it is unnatural not to be supercised.

In consequence mature males who have migrated from provinces where it is not the custom will apply to be supercised (Rubel et al, 1971).

D_Barbi_Queue

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I did a google image search and I found an example real-life one: penis split

looks painful.

When I got my second son circumcised, I noticed that they didn&#39;t take off as much skin as was done on my first son. The head of his penis is still 100% visible, but I still have to pull back the remaining portion and clean between the folds. I&#39;d be interested to know how it will turn out for him as he gets older. (Purely from a non-sexual standpoint&#33;)

jeepwranglerboi

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Feb 15 2005, 07:43 PM
I did a google image search and I found an example real-life one: penis split

looks painful.

When I got my second son circumcised, I noticed that they didn&#39;t take off as much skin as was done on my first son. The head of his penis is still 100% visible, but I still have to pull back the remaining portion and clean between the folds. I&#39;d be interested to know how it will turn out for him as he gets older. (Purely from a non-sexual standpoint&#33;)
[post=283319]Quoted post[/post]​
Oh my god&#33; That picture just made The Dragon shrivel up in fear. Wow&#33; As for your son, my ex was kinda cut that way as well. I looked at it as he got the best of both worlds. I personally found it to be rather enjoyable and fun to play with. ;)

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Yeah, the Hulk&#39;s back to Bruce Banner.

The supercision I was thinking of was a slit on the dorsal side of the foreskin.

There&#39;s also another operation called subincision performed among aborigines. It&#39;s more like the supercision TexAss showed us, actually cutting into the ventral side of the urethra. In that case, it&#39;s to make the penis look more like a kangaroo&#39;s.

SomeGuyOverThere

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
Originally posted by TexAssgirl@Feb 15 2005, 07:43 PM
I did a google image search and I found an example real-life one:  penis split

looks painful.

[post=283319]Quoted post[/post]​
Thats not supercision, that haveing the head of your penis cut in half.

Please excuse me - I need to hurl.

iggy

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ey...

it is not rare in the philippines especially from the provinces to be circumcised not by a medical practicioner but by an elder.. doctors do the procedute mainly in big cities (e.i. manila, cebu, iloilo, davao)

the main procedure is called "palpag" meaning to hammer. no anaesthesia. the mothers prepare a "bib". a square piece of cloth with a hole in the center. young boys is first told to bath in the river to relax the foreskin. then asked to chew guava leaves.

a wooden rectangular thin plank is then inserted between the foreskin ang glans penis. a blade is then situated above the foreskin, then palpag... hammered to cut the foreskin. the foreskin is then folded back to the shaft, chewed guava leaves placed to prevent infection, and using the "bib" tied to the foreskin to prevent it from folding back into the glans. the mothers will then change the bib weekly...

tagalog vocabulary:

pisot: a kid&#39;s penis (1-12 year old boy)

which will evolve into a:
pitoy: teener&#39;s dick

then into:
buto: young adult&#39;s dick

then finally into a:
tarugo: adult&#39;s dick...

lagay: testicles

supot: uncircumcised, which is up to now somewhat a taboo.

btw, im from the philippines...

sasha, where is ur husbond from here in the philippines?

iggy